Superstar Racing Experience

I'm glad to see the same Harbor Freight crap in that shop that I have in mine. LOL

Trevor Bayne

Hmmm there are many drivers that fit the 500 winner criteria. It could be any of the ones already mentioned.

I'm sorry but this choice has me baffled. What skillset does MW have that would make fit into this group of drivers? 11 wins in 22 years in the Xfinity series and 4 cup wins at plate tracks. Besides plate tracks the guy was never really in the discussion for the win and this series is based around short track racing.

Did everyone else that they approach turn them down?

Totally agree, they're really watering down the field now. Tony Stewart vs Mark Webber? Heck yeah, I'm all about that. But these recent additions of Marco and now Michael Waltrip, it's like yeah these are names that people know, but they are not material for an all-star series that's supposed to pit top notch drivers against each other. They're filling the field with has-beens and never-weres now.

I'm sorry but this choice has me baffled. What skillset does MW have that would make fit into this group of drivers? 11 wins in 22 years in the Xfinity series and 4 cup wins at plate tracks. Besides plate tracks the guy was never really in the discussion for the win and this series is based around short track racing.

He brings the average age of the drivers down to a ripe ol’ 55.

I think Michael will be pretty damn good as he's been in a race car more recently than a good chunk of the field.

I honestly think there'll be a couple guys out there that are totally non-competitive due to age and not having experience in these kind of cars. I don't think Mikey will be one of them.

Marco also isn't someone I'd consider a superstar but I still think SRX has a great lineup.
They have yet to announce the 12th driver, I hope it will be a motorcycle guy.

I'm sure they will have a field day trying to out criticize the other
If SRX had very lengthy retired and AARP aged former drivers like Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin and Dale Jarrett all would have been right with the world. Bill Elliott is participating, I thought that would have bought the series a short but sweet honeymoon.

Here's a list of guys I would have picked before MW. And in reality this is just nascar guys that I can think of. I'm sure the open wheel and dirt guys could add several other names.

1. Greg Biffle
2. Ken Schrader
3. Boris Said
4. Randy Lajoie
5. Matt Kenseth
6. Carl Edwards (dream)
7. Mark Martin
8. juan pablo montoya
9. marcos ambrose
10. Clint Bowyer
11. Ward Burton
12. Mike Skinner
13. Elliott Sadler
14. Sam Hornish Jr
15. Robby Gordon
16. Ron Hornaday jr.

I think Michael will be pretty damn good as he's been in a race car more recently than a good chunk of the field.

I honestly think there'll be a couple guys out there that are totally non-competitive due to age and not having experience in these kind of cars. I don't think Mikey will be one of them.
Eh, he's held the steering wheel around Daytona in more recent years than some of these other guys, but he's gonna be running in the back half of the field. Stewart, Kanaan, PT, Helio, Labonte, and Ernie Francis have all been actively driving this whole time while Mikey hasn't.

Here's a list of guys I would have picked before MW. And in reality this is just nascar guys that I can think of. I'm sure the open wheel and dirt guys could add several other names.

1. Greg Biffle
2. Ken Schrader
3. Boris Said
4. Randy Lajoie
5. Matt Kenseth
6. Carl Edwards (dream)
7. Mark Martin
8. juan pablo montoya
9. marcos ambrose
10. Clint Bowyer
11. Ward Burton
12. Mike Skinner
13. Elliott Sadler
14. Sam Hornish Jr
15. Robby Gordon
16. Ron Hornaday jr.

Maybe they asked those guys and they declined.

Marco also isn't someone I'd consider a superstar but I still think SRX has a great lineup.
They have yet to announce the 12th driver, I hope it will be a motorcycle guy.
I am thinking Sammy Swindell. I first thought of Steve Kinser, but remembered I just saw him at Volusia and I don't think he is in racing shape any more. Sammy has run some NASCAR races, so there is that going for him.

Back
Top Bottom