Superstar Racing Experience

nat decker and h. deegan need in here.
“Superstar” Racing Experience.

I’m not sure this league is pointed towards giving lesser known drivers exposure. All data shows it’s for the some of biggest names and highest talent.

While I hope all our pie in the sky driver lists work out and they get some big name drivers while the series being successful, I have a hard time believing a guy like Jeff Gordon who almost approached 200 million in career earnings and exited relatively healthy while still young...would take the risk and do something like this. I mean he’d be at the top of my prospective driver lists, but I’d be absolutely shocked if he was on the grid of the first race in this series. Excited but shocked, I’d get to see one of my childhood hero’s race again

Get MM back, Jr.... etc etc It could be fun

They have a ways to go before they start recruiting drivers, but they are off to a good start with a TV slot and the expertise behind it. It is going to interesting to see where they go with it. Something similar, IROC ran for 30 years and they had some really good racing. Evernham and Stewart were right in the middle of it.

Almost half the field is set, though Tony is the only named driver so far.

Though that Canadian and Brazilian flag could give hints

Paul Tracy or Greg Biffle - Canadian
Tony Kaanan - Brazilian

The American driver, I have no clue.

Paul Tracy or Greg Biffle - Canadian
Tony Kaanan - Brazilian

The American driver, I have no clue.
Biffle is from Vancouver Washington not British Columbia

The SRX racecars do not have a design just yet. Evernham is still working on it, as well as a plan to test the racecars themselves.

“Everything’s still on paper right now,” he said. “As that goes, I will lead most of that myself. We’ll put different drivers behind the wheel in stages. We’ll have tests at tracks we’ll be racing at or ones similar. It will be no different than preparing for the creation of a race team.”

As the design of the SRX car forms, Evernham will not be shy about getting the opinions of some of his peers. There is no limit when it comes to performance, he explained.

With each of these factors, Evernham believes he will build the ultimate racecar.

“Drivers are looking at it as they’re going to drive a good, fun car, and they’re going to be part of a series that’s professionally organized,” Evernham said. “For me, I haven’t been this excited since I stopped racing.”

Because he is fixated with female drivers for some reason.
they need experience and they are the future of NASCAR plus there is an argument of boys dont want to get beat by girls so they wreck em on purpose.

1) Tony Stewart
2) Tony Kanaan
3) a Canadian
4) an American
5) unknown
6-12) not signed

A little after the 2 hour mark on Jr's podcast, Evernham talks about the SRX series and what it is going to be. 1/2 mile tracks, dirt and paved with a small road course maybe. They are trying to find either part time or retired, or racing legends, going to try to run 12 cars with two on them being wild card drivers, like maybe some late model or rally guys. Going to stay away from full time cup Indy, Imsa etc because of scheduling and restrictions. Looking for guys that don't want to run 200 MPH and run a full time schedule anymore. He said even celebrity racers have been calling him wanting to race.

I have the time wrong, it's at about 1:28.00 in the broadcast. Oh yeah, drivers draw for their car, draw for their crew chief and they get 20 minutes of practice to get the car right. going to have a big motor

Evernham with free reign to build a race car.

1595955786969.png

class winner Pikes Peak. Part old school modified, part new school.

Would love to see Rusty Wallace and Terry Labonte wheel the cars in those races next year!

Cue the exploding heads among the crowd that says... God intended race cars to ride high off the ground like a grocery wagon.:bazooka:
I wouldn't say it's any worse in ground clearance then a dirt super late model, just without the ridiculous geometry.

Cue the exploding heads among the crowd that says... God intended race cars to ride high off the ground like a grocery wagon.:bazooka:
You beat me to it. The Purest's are diving off cliffs right now. If it has a tapered spacer I fear extinction.

Would love to see Rusty Wallace and Terry Labonte wheel the cars in those races next year!
I personally would be shocked if anyone from that era competed in this. I dont see it, especially a guy like Jeff Gordon who made all the money in the world driving for 24 years and escaped relatively healthy. I feel like all those fellas the Rusty's, Texas Terry, JG, Dale Jarrett, Dale Jr , Mark Martin have all moved on. I wouldnt be surprised to see Bobby Labonte though, hes still racing.

Back
Top Bottom