Superstar Racing Experience

I personally would be shocked if anyone from that era competed in this. I dont see it, especially a guy like Jeff Gordon who made all the money in the world driving for 24 years and escaped relatively healthy. I feel like all those fellas the Rusty's, Texas Terry, JG, Dale Jarrett, Dale Jr , Mark Martin have all moved on. I wouldnt be surprised to see Bobby Labonte though, hes still racing.

sadly, I think you’re right. its been too many years for most of those guys from that era. A guy like rusty would’ve probably jumped at a chance like this if it were 2007 or 2008... a few years after exiting full time competition... but yeah, not 2020

Please paint over the headlights. The decals for the headlights, doorhandles and tailpipes on the Cup cars are so tacky. IMO this was always a better look.

dale-earnhardt-drives-during-practice-for-the-1996-news-photo-1588172431.jpg

208de3f09a210bac1e9baf36d82c316b.jpg

62C8AE66E7FC43708B47CDEAA3AD3D21.ashx
How do you know they won't have lights? They used them in Iroc when they needed them

I personally would be shocked if anyone from that era competed in this. I dont see it, especially a guy like Jeff Gordon who made all the money in the world driving for 24 years and escaped relatively healthy. I feel like all those fellas the Rusty's, Texas Terry, JG, Dale Jarrett, Dale Jr , Mark Martin have all moved on. I wouldnt be surprised to see Bobby Labonte though, hes still racing.
Don’t sell Gordon short. He’s always said that he would still race a short track like Martinsville if the right opportunity arose. With Ray leading this series who knows.

Evernham is going to have a ball with this car business. Tony is a hell of a promoter, plenty of drivers out there semi or retired who want to do this. I can't see this thing failing

so is it or is it not gonna have a splitter?

Ray seems to say no, but the pic shows one... confused

Dang, it sounds like Evernham already has the car finished to me.

so is it or is it not gonna have a splitter?

Ray seems to say no, but the pic shows one... confused
you commented on the post above. It says plainly when he gets approval to post the car he will. :idunno: The tweaking will resume with vigor after he posts it..why didn't he do this, do that, it will never work etc.

I mean from just the nose it looks like some sort of pavement late model that must be adaptable to dirt as well

I'm more interested in the suspension system he decides to use.

Big springs and conventional steering linkage or coil-over shocks and rack and pinion? If he goes the modern route, maybe he'll enlist Gary Nelson ... he and Ivan Baldwin built a slew of cars in that configuration.

SRX has yet to reveal a schedule or tracks, but its Twitter account has hinted that it has signed five of an expected 12 drivers. Kanaan and Tracy were both on Evernham’s SRX driver dream list, which also included Scott Dixon, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo Montoya.

I'm more interested in the suspension system he decides to use.

Big springs and conventional steering linkage or coil-over shocks and rack and pinion? If he goes the modern route, maybe he'll enlist Gary Nelson ... he and Ivan Baldwin built a slew of cars in that configuration.
Or maybe use a bunch of stuff headed to the Gen 7 car, looking at those center lock wheels.

I think the reason they are withholding some of the names are because they aren't retired yet and have strings attached.

Personally I’d rather see less NASCAR drivers involved as drivers. If it’s going to be a “stock car” short track series the NASCAR drivers will smoke the field every race.

I was just getting ready to add how I’d like to see someone come in from the world of outlaws... But you’re right though, imagine dropping a Kevin harvick or Denny Hamlin into this SRX field... they might as well play that Barney Hill theme music during the entire race cause it would be ridiculous.

Personally I’d rather see less NASCAR drivers involved as drivers. If it’s going to be a “stock car” short track series the NASCAR drivers will smoke the field every race.
well older drivers who havent been in a seat in forever would be interesting, But I get your point chex

I was just getting ready to add how I’d like to see someone come in from the world of outlaws... But you’re right though, imagine dropping a Kevin harvick or Denny Hamlin into this SRX field... they might as well play that Barney Hill theme music during the entire race cause it would be ridiculous.
Yea I’d like to see some WoO or dirt guys myself like David Gravel, Brad Sweet or Bobby Pierce get a run in this series. Also would be cool to see some NASCAR Euro series guys give it a go.

I wonder what NASCAR’s position will be if one or more of their current competitors shows up in a televised race run by the new group?

I wonder what NASCAR’s position will be if one or more of their current competitors shows up in a televised race run by the new group?
I don't think that is going to happen. I believe it was Evernham on the Jr show that said they are only going to have drivers who have no affiliations. I think that was a big pita in the IROC series.

Back
Top Bottom