Supra Coming to NASCAR?

I see a pattern also, continually designing a car specifically to race in the series almost every year for the last 4 years. Some will say just wonderful, and some will laugh their asses off when Nascar makes adjustments to even things up...again
1970 called.

They'd like their Superbird back.

some will call them great innovators spoken with the same reverence as Smokey, or Junior Johnson, or Ray Evernham, others will just say them cheatin Yoters, not another front end ..again? :p

Some will say they’re racing.

Monday to Sunday.

one thing learned though, with a spec frame, chassis, roll bars and such, about all any of them really need to spend the most time on is the front clip. The Yotas took advantage of a new car German/Japanese effort to take yet another shot at the slippery front and rear balancing act.

some will call them great innovators spoken with the same reverence as Smokey, or Junior Johnson, or Ray Evernham, others will just say them cheatin Yoters, not another front end ..again? :p

Where was this bull**** with the Camaro.....and don't let me down when the Mustang comes.....Gonna have to "recalibrate" your OSS....and that wind tunnel!

mixed feelings for me, I really like Bell, Okie boy and I guess he is coming back to Xfinity next year unless a cup team snipes him I would guess.

A Supra stock car does sound a little cheesy, but I will take it over the Camry!

I don't see anything wrong with any manufacturer coming each year with a slightly new version of the same car. All they can really do is change the nose, the rest is a Nascar design with different configurations for each side. I would like to see them race the street version of each car.
Then you can call it "stock car racing".

I don't see anything wrong with any manufacturer coming each year with a slightly new version of the same car. All they can really do is change the nose, the rest is a Nascar design with different configurations for each side. I would like to see them race the street version of each car.
Then you can call it "stock car racing".
"The way it used to be."

Where was this bull**** with the Camaro.....and don't let me down when the Mustang comes.....Gonna have to "recalibrate" your OSS....and that wind tunnel!

Hey, I don’t pull for the Toyota’s but I’m thrilled to see them coming in with a sports car instead of sedan. I also, again, wish Nascar would let the manufacturers allow the car designs (based on stock) to translate directly to what is on the track, and let the chips generally fall where they may. I know certain elements would have to be standard, like the evil splitter. Rear spoiler might have to vary depending on safety, but let the rest of the car remain. I hate to see them commoditized into nearly rubber stamp copies.

Hey, I don’t pull for the Toyota’s but I’m thrilled to see them coming in with a sports car instead of sedan. I also, again, wish Nascar would let the manufacturers allow the car designs (based on stock) to translate directly to what is on the track, and let the chips generally fall where they may. I know certain elements would have to be standard, like the evil splitter. Rear spoiler might have to vary depending on safety, but let the rest of the car remain. I hate to see them commoditized into nearly rubber stamp copies.
1970 called back again.

They said keep that damn Superbird... but keep it in your garage... they don't want it near any Nascar event 'cause no other car can compete with it, and the fans are staying home 'cause the Mopars are so much faster than the GM and Ford models.

Bottom line: "Run what ya brung" is completely non-viable competitively and economically. It ain't coming back.

Could they do ovals?
They do 85% to 90% of the Daytona oval already. It's the portions where they're off the oval that keep them from needing plates.

Clarification: for once, my comment wasn't intended as an anti-plate position. I mention them only to explain how the chicane and infield allow IMSA cars to run Daytona with unrestricted engines without endangering the fans.

They do 85% to 90% of the Daytona oval already. It's the portions where they're off the oval that keep them from needing plates.

Clarification: for once, my comment wasn't intended as an anti-plate position. I mention them only to explain how the chicane and infield allow IMSA cars to run Daytona with unrestricted engines without endangering the fans.
Additional clarification: I was only answering the question, "COULD they (IMSA) do ovals?" I'm happy with IMSA right where it is. There are plenty of other road courses they don't run that I'd prefer to see them tackle before they come to ovals.

1970 called back again.

They said keep that damn Superbird... but keep it in your garage... they don't want it near any Nascar event 'cause no other car can compete with it, and the fans are staying home 'cause the Mopars are so much faster than the GM and Ford models.

Bottom line: "Run what ya brung" is completely non-viable competitively and economically. It ain't coming back.
Don't be so sure about this, when tracks are only drawing 30k and no major TV network steps up next contract, Nascar will be forced to change in a major way.

Does it really matter what name they put on a car???? Let's be real here, all they are doing
is adding a front clip to a Nascar designed racing platform and drive train. There is no other
relationship between a street car and the race car.

Don't be so sure about this, when tracks are only drawing 30k and no major TV network steps up next contract, Nascar will be forced to change in a major way.
Millions of people are watching on TV. The impressions are huge. No major TV network is going to pass that up. NASCAR is still neck and neck as America’s largest spectator sport.

Apparently anything can be f****d enough to fit the NASCAR mold :idunno:
lol This is one of the worst road-to-race conversions I've ever seen. The Xfinity template doesn't work for the Camaro or Mustang either, but the Supra is just not even close.

Makes me wonder what NASCAR has in mind for the next evolution of this series. They've been running these things two years longer than Gen-6 has been around.

more pics...not sure if posted

https://www.auto123.com/en/news/Toyota-Supra-V8-NASCAR-Xfinity/64887/

toyota_xfinity_supra_1fr.jpeg

toyota_xfinity_supra.jpeg

toyota_xfinity_supra_17.jpeg

I dont like it

Toyota and NASCAR would love to have a wider array of drivers and personalities win besides Kyle Busch such as Bell and Suarez

I don’t think the wrap does it any favors. It may look better once teams start using them.

Additional clarification: I was only answering the question, "COULD they (IMSA) do ovals?" I'm happy with IMSA right where it is. There are plenty of other road courses they don't run that I'd prefer to see them tackle before they come to ovals.

No what I’m saying is make the stock cars like those

Just another car with a different nose, they all look the same. If you looked at from a side view without decals you wouldn't be able to tell it was a Toyota, that goes for the other makes too.
50 RF dollars that once the sponsor wraps go on, its unrecognizable.

near same thing happened with the Camaro. Was hoping the black hood scoop would stay. Nope.

Sponsor designed wraps do not have the body lines of the car in mind.

The Supra is beautiful in every way. Soon available in Confetti.

I don’t think the wrap does it any favors. It may look better once teams start using them.

50 RF dollars that once the sponsor wraps go on, its unrecognizable.

near same thing happened with the Camaro. Was hoping the black hood scoop would stay. Nope.

Sponsor designed wraps do not have the body lines of the car in mind.

Yep, thank you. So many of the styling cues used by the manufacturers to promote new models are either muted or gone entirely on the cars that actually hit the track. For that reason, I've never understood the fuss about these rollouts, good or bad. I kinda wish it were different and more manufacturer distinction were present, but in the narrow box they are allowed to play in, that's not possible.

Yep, thank you. So many of the styling cues used by the manufacturers to promote new models are either muted or gone entirely on the cars that actually hit the track. For that reason, I've never understood the fuss about these rollouts, good or bad. I kinda wish it were different and more manufacturer distinction were present, but in the narrow box they are allowed to play in, that's not possible.
The cup mustang will be abhorrent. Especially since the stock car is a fast back.

Chevy’s answer was to use the SS greenhouse and partially cover the c pillar window with a wrap to make it look like a fastback. Looool

Back
Top Bottom