Supra Coming to NASCAR?

Its a BMW Z4.

Its going to be a solid piece when you start seeing then on the road. Hell, I'd buy one... The B58 is a solid engine, well the S58.

If you're in the market for RWD coupe, the BRZ/GT 86 is a dope car. Its great for an introduction to the RWD platform, its just boxer engines are out of my comfort zone. Changing spark plugs and ignition coils are not the most fun.
BRZ and the BMWz4 are very similar cars aren't they? Saw a BRZ on the road the other day, not a bad looking car, that's a joint venture between Subaru and Toyota isn't it?

Its a BMW Z4.

Its going to be a solid piece when you start seeing then on the road. Hell, I'd buy one... The B58 is a solid engine, well the S58.

If you're in the market for RWD coupe, the BRZ/GT 86 is a dope car. Its great for an introduction to the RWD platform, its just boxer engines are out of my comfort zone. Changing spark plugs and ignition coils are not the most fun.
Motor Trend has a camouflaged version of the Supra in this month’s issue, and it appears the street Supra will look pretty good. Gonna look kinda like a Nissan 370Z from what I can tell.

That race car though, I don’t know WHAT that is....

I feel the same way about the Supra as a do NASCAR Trucks. If I pop the hood, and it isn't a Toyota I am not interested. Not even a little. I was at my dealership a couple of years ago, and they had an 86 with the hood open and a Subaru oil filter for all to see. I threw a **** fit. The dealership was kind enough to change it for display purposes.

I feel the same way about the Supra as a do NASCAR Trucks. If I pop the hood, and it isn't a Toyota I am not interested. Not even a little. I was at my dealership a couple of years ago, and they had an 86 with the hood open and a Subaru oil filter for all to see. I threw a sh!t fit. The dealership was kind enough to change it for display purposes.

Boxer engines are neat. The EJ series is the tried and true Subaru engines with the EJ20 and EJ25. Very reliable when taken care of and the FA is a pretty good engine.

Toyota doesn't really have anything that suits the enthusiasts, well until the BRZ/FRS/GT86 came out. Toyota has been known for their bread and butter cars over the last decade. I'd like to see a new Celica come out, the Celica GT-S with the 2ZZ is an awesome engine, super reliable and loves to rev. It sounds awesome with a proper exhaust.

The GT is an awesome car, give it a shot. Screw brand loyalty, honestly.

Boxer engines are neat. The EJ series is the tried and true Subaru engines with the EJ20 and EJ25. Very reliable when taken care of and the FA is a pretty good engine.
I know they sound good. The Subaru WRX is probably the best sounding 4-cylinder car you can buy.

I know they sound good. The Subaru WRX is probably the best sounding 4-cylinder car you can buy.

A pain to work on though with the cylinder heads in the horizontal position. The good news is changing the timing belt, now chain in the FA20 is straightforward from the videos I've seen. Also, they have markings to keep the engine in time while changing the belt or chain.

The design and styling seem confused. Toyota's 86 model looks much more like a "classic" Supra. It's like they felt the need to emulate the angular lines of American pony / muscle cars, so they added a bunch of jagged elements, and it comes out looking like the eccentrically hacked, mangled BMW roadster that it is. That said, since it is a BMW Z4 underneath, I'm sure it drives quite nicely. I'm just not sure why one wouldn't buy the Bimmer instead.

The design and styling seem confused. Toyota's 86 model looks much more like a "classic" Supra. It's like they felt the need to emulate the angular lines of American pony / muscle cars, so they added a bunch of jagged elements, and it comes out looking like the eccentrically hacked, mangled BMW roadster that it is. That said, since it is a BMW Z4 underneath, I'm sure it drives quite nicely. I'm just not sure why one wouldn't buy the Bimmer instead.
And the 86 is really a Subaru. It’d be cool if Toyota built a sporty car themselves rather than badge engineering something from another automaker.

And the 86 is really a Subaru. It’d be cool if Toyota built a sporty car themselves rather than badge engineering something from another automaker.
Least the Boxer Twins are Japanese, the new Supra is close to being German.

Everyone bitching that it’s a BMW in Supra clothing but **** that, it’s bad ass.

:D:D:p I've seen june bugs that were prettier.
yenj13vmtfa21.png

Brutal sound from them with the right exhaust system

EJ's had that brutal boxer rumble from the unequal headers. The FA's are a bit more subdued, but equal length headers are much more efficient down the line.

I hope the Supra does well because a couple of years down the line, if the depreciation is as bad as I think it will be... I'd buy one, just the turbocharged BMW engines are nightmarish to work on...

EJ's had that brutal boxer rumble from the unequal headers. The FA's are a bit more subdued, but equal length headers are much more efficient down the line.

I hope the Supra does well because a couple of years down the line, if the depreciation is as bad as I think it will be... I'd buy one, just the turbocharged BMW engines are nightmarish to work on...

Working on a twin turbo Quattro right now, they are not much fun either.

Ya have to take all of the crap off of a quattro to get to the water pump. Reminds me of an old school big block ford with multiple belts, gen, AC, PS, all has to be removed might as well take out the rad on both to get to the pump. they are brothers from another mother for sure.

Good story if you are thinking about buying a AWD Mercedes. A friend who is a camp host in Colorado said this guy comes tooling down the dirt road in his Mercedes SUV and goes across a small creek. The thing dies in the middle of the stream a stream that cars and trucks have been crossing all day. Come to find out Mercedes in their infinite wisdom put the alternator on the bottom side of the engine. After the guy got out he couldn't get back in. The electric doors didn't work. After he got in, he couldn't get the electric trans selector to move, it was locked. Can't help but laugh every time they show one busting thru the snow on TV.

That car is so proper when turbo'd. Really a shame they only release them as NA options. Legitimately underpowered when stock in an otherwise fantastic car.

That car is so proper when turbo'd. Really a shame they only release them as NA options. Legitimately underpowered when stock in an otherwise fantastic car.
I believe the stock engine only has 200 hp, which isn’t all that much by today’s standards. It’d be a beast with the STI Motor.

Back
Top Bottom