Talladega - GEICO 500 - Pre Race Thread

you fellows must be color blind. That is what the yellow line is for, to stop exactly what he tried to do, pass under the yellow.

I really wish I didn't have work sunday, oh well going to avoid spoliers and record.

I dont like them having to advance on chance. Any of them.

It should be based on how good you're actually running, not based on pure luck.

This race is too important to leave it to chance and luck.

That's why I won't be losing any sleep over this race.

I dont like them having to advance on chance. Any of them.

It should be based on how good you're actually running, not based on pure luck.

This race is too important to leave it to chance and luck.

That's why I won't be losing any sleep over this race.

reck is lost in "reck dreamland " ! or is it nowreck dreamland ?
somebody please check on him ! :D

tony move him done there and he still beat him to the finish line. tony do what I say not what do kind of guy.
This. Regan was already a few inches up alongside Tony's quarter panel. If he had held his line we would've had another horrific crash like the Edwards-Keselowski incident with fans potentially being injured again. In fact, that is actually what led to the Edwards incident.

As we sped toward the finish, I was hoping I would get two moves. If I made one move, he would call it. And he did. I was hoping — and looking back, I guess it was a foolish hope — that he wouldn’t call it twice. I wanted to get him far enough to the right side of the track to get by him on the left. My hope was that he would realize he’d been beat, and allow me to make the move.

That didn’t happen. That left me with two options. I could either turn left and be penalized for going below the yellow line, and not win the race. Or I could hold my ground. There was also this: A year earlier at Talladega, Regan Smith had dipped below the yellow line on his way to winning a Cup race. He was disqualified.

In that moment, I felt like I had to hold my ground.

http://bradracing.com/races/auto-club-400/moving-my-rivalry-carl

No riding around the back of the pack waiting to dodge wrecks etc..

Well here.. this is what Joey says.

JUST HOW MUCH OF A RELIEF IS IT TO BE RACING AT TALLADEGA KNOWING YOU ARE ALREADY LOCKED INTO THE NEXT ROUND?

“I think everyone would like to be in the position that we are in and that Kevin (Harvick) is in and know that you don’t really have anything to worry about here other than going for the win. That was one of the first things that went through my mind and my crew’s mind when we crossed the line at Kansas was how it made this weekend’s race easier and less pressure packed. We know now that all we need to do is to go out there and win. We don’t have to worry about riding around and staying out of the wreck. We can get up there and go for the win. But we also want to get a good finish out of it. We have five straight top-five finishes to start the Chase, and we’d love to keep that streak going and make it six in a row at Talladega.”

I assume Harvick has pretty much the same train of thought.
If they have a shot to win, and they should with those cars, they should go for it. Take command from the drop of the green and try to prevent one of the bubble drivers from winning and advancing. I have a feeling Joey may have to babysit Brad though.

So, I'm in a tough spot. The NASCAR race is on at the exact same time that The Lions are on tv, and they aren't on tv too often. I'm not sure what to expect with the race. You'd think people would drive around to survive, but the guys not in the chase see this as their chance to get a win. I'm considering using a long cable cord and bringing my bedroom tv out to the living room that way I can watch both the race and the game at the same time...

If they have a shot to win, and they should with those cars, they should go for it. Take command from the drop of the green and try to prevent one of the bubble drivers from winning and advancing. I have a feeling Joey may have to babysit Brad though.

Sounds to me like he plans on winning the race...good for him.

8 cars are going to advance no matter who wins or who's on the bubble.

So, I'm in a tough spot. The NASCAR race is on at the exact same time that The Lions are on tv, and they aren't on tv too often. I'm not sure what to expect with the race. You'd think people would drive around to survive, but the guys not in the chase see this as their chance to get a win. I'm considering using a long cable cord and bringing my bedroom tv out to the living room that way I can watch both the race and the game at the same time...
I'm not even sure why you would have to take the time to even consider that as an option. It sounds more like that is the only option. By all means whatever it takes, do it. :D

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17:

ON TRACK-- 9:30-11:30 a.m. ET: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Follow Live)
-- 2:30-3:30 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 4:30-5:20 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)
-- 5:30 p.m. ET: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow Live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch Live)
-- 12:15 p.m. ET: Darrell Wallace Jr.
-- 12:30 p.m. ET: Michael Waltrip with Dr. Patrick Ellinor, American Heart Association and Gregg Ruppersberger, Group Product Director, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
-- 12:45 p.m. ET: German Quiroga and Daniel Suarez
-- 1 p.m. ET: Jamie McMurray
-- 1:30 p.m. ET: Jimmie Johnson
-- 1:45 p.m. ET: Kevin Harvick
-- 4 p.m. ET: Denny Hamlin

GARAGECAM PRESENTED BY MOBIL 1 (Watch Live)
-- 2 p.m. ET: Sprint Cup Series

Talladega @ Twilight

B0GzvBfCYAAQ4Ch.jpg:large

Just pretend you forgot the Lions were on.

I think ur kind of both right.. I watched an interview of Joey testing at Martinsville this week and he was saying that he plans on helping out Brad if he can, but if something happens where he cant then he wont worry too much about it... and if he has a shot to beat Brad to the line he'll take it. Not those exact words but something like that. I believe he plans on winning lol... Which would be sweet because he'e never won a plate race.

...and I just learned Ryan Blaney will be in a third Penske car this weekend.

It'd be better to knock out some of the drivers who almost have to win who have been good all year like Earnhardt, Keselowski, and Johnson.

NASCAR placed Bad Brad right next to Kenseth in the garage and gave him garage #13.

:XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom