Talladega - GEICO 500 - Pre Race Thread

Mikey.:headbang::headbang:

B0K4ArBCMAEe77X.jpg

NASCAR placed Bad Brad right next to Kenseth in the garage and gave him garage #13.

:XXROFL:
They park then by points in the garage. At least that used to be the practice.

So....

Brad is now 13th and Matt is 14th?
13. From Bently:

I understand that garage stall selections are decided by owner points. Does that let the owner select what stall they want or does it go in order of points? Ex: 1st in points gets #1 stall, 2nd in points gets #2 stall, so on and so on…
Stalls are assigned based on owners points, not chosen. The team first in owners points gets the first stall, and so on and so forth. – T.C.

From here: http://www.thenascarinsiders.com/2011/03/29/ask-the-insiders-wednesday-119/

So, I'm in a tough spot. The NASCAR race is on at the exact same time that The Lions are on tv, and they aren't on tv too often. I'm not sure what to expect with the race. You'd think people would drive around to survive, but the guys not in the chase see this as their chance to get a win. I'm considering using a long cable cord and bringing my bedroom tv out to the living room that way I can watch both the race and the game at the same time...

Most cable providers have a companion app. If you have a smartphone or tablet, just download the app and watch both at same time.

So, I'm in a tough spot. The NASCAR race is on at the exact same time that The Lions are on tv, and they aren't on tv too often. I'm not sure what to expect with the race. You'd think people would drive around to survive, but the guys not in the chase see this as their chance to get a win. I'm considering using a long cable cord and bringing my bedroom tv out to the living room that way I can watch both the race and the game at the same time...
Sports bar.

Just in case Jr. is eliminated from the chase at Dega, the Governor of Alabama has called up the Alabama National Guard, to control the rioting in the grand stands, infield and camping areas at Dega in the event this elimination takes place.
The Alabama National guard is also setting up a Military MASH unit for all the wounded, in the event the outcome mentioned comes to fruition. Just what I heard. :idunno:

Why the hell did only 21 cars participate in final practice?

There cars are so good that they have nothing to tune on?

I have no idea why Gordon even bother to log laps at all.

Practices at Talladega are meaningless.

Just in case Jr. is eliminated from the chase at Dega, the Governor of Alabama has called up the Alabama National Guard, to control the rioting in the grand stands, infield and camping areas at Dega in the event this elimination takes place.
The Alabama National guard is also setting up a Military MASH unit for all the wounded, in the event the outcome mentioned comes to fruition. Just what I heard. :idunno:
It'll be the darkest day at Talladega since Gordon passed Dale Sr. on the all-time wins list there.

Ryan Blaney
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regular and part-time Nationwide Series driver Ryan Blaney hopes to make his second-career Sprint Cup Series start on Sunday in the Geico 500 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway from behind the wheel of a third Team Penske entry, the No. 12 Ford. He’ll also compete on Saturday at Talladega, driving the No. 29 Ford of Brad Keselowski Racing in the Fred’s 250 Truck Series race.

To make the race, Blaney will have to qualify his way in, as the No. 12 doesn’t have a guaranteed starting spot. Blaney’s first Sprint Cup start came in May 2014 at Kansas Speedway. He finished 27th in that race.

Blaney heads to Talladega third in the Camping World Truck Series championship driver points standings on the strength of a win, eight top-fives and 12 top-10 finishes in the 17 races, so far.

Blaney’s also won in Nationwide competition this year. In 12 starts for Team Penske, he has a win, eight top-fives and has finished in the top-10 in all but one of those 12 races.

nascarcasm
If you're in #Talladega infield now, wondering if you should tweet that scandalous picture, do it. Nothing lives forever in the Internet.

:D

Cant sleep, TRL? :p

Things I'm praying for on Sunday morning..

1.No early wrecks
2.No shenanigans, crash or any incidents involvement of any of my drivers
3.No last lap crash

Im getting tired of speculating... are we there yet?!

Seriously this week has dragged on so much! I feel like it's been weeks since Charlotte. So much excitement heading into this race.. it needs to get here already!

Why the hell did only 21 cars participate in final practice?

There cars are so good that they have nothing to tune on?
Not much to gain, too much to lose.

Much of how they drive the race will be affected by the aerodynamics of a huge pack of cars. That carries with it the threat of 'The Big One', so no one wants to risk the driver or car by practicing under those conditions. Since you aren't going to practice like you'd race and won't race like you practiced, extended practicing is pointless.

I think ur kind of both right.. I watched an interview of Joey testing at Martinsville this week and he was saying that he plans on helping out Brad if he can, but if something happens where he cant then he wont worry too much about it... and if he has a shot to beat Brad to the line he'll take it. Not those exact words but something like that. I believe he plans on winning lol... Which would be sweet because he'e never won a plate race.

...and I just learned Ryan Blaney will be in a third Penske car this weekend.

I like that Blaney kid...he keeps a cool head, but throwing him into the mix at Talladega? :blink:

@DrunkBrianF: He might have gone fast yesterday but today is still the 735th straight day @ClintBowyer hasn't and won't win a #NASCAR race.

Sunday 10-19-2014,
Date line: Talladega Super Speedway, Lincoln, Alabama.

Final lap, Matt Kenseth pushes Dale Jr to win, stands erupt and fans flatten catch fence rushing to hoist their hero driver. Al state police and national guard
Run for their lives.
Meanwhile, Matt hoists a cold one and grins as he keeps his no race win record intact and moves on to the next chase round.
France and company chringe at the thought of Matt and Newman making it to the final four at Homestead as the non race win duo. Yes those are tears
of anguish in Frances eyes.

Announcement with Jr?

I wonder what thats all about... hopefully its something interesting... not something actually about Jr lol... like a night race, and Jr's just there to talk about it.

Matt Weaver @MattWeaverSBN
NASCAR has told Go Green/FAS Racing that the two-sided livery is NOT allowed. Has to be one-sided. They've chosen the "Kelloggs" side.
I thought the NFL was the 'No Fun League'.

There are plenty of cars where the sides don't match. For example, the #18 has different M&M colors on each side. Those circles / characters are spread all along the sides. Damaged cars have often re-entered a race with one side rebuilt, Bear-Bond as the primary color, and a spray-painted number.

What a way to treat a former champion.

Back
Top Bottom