Texas Test

The best place would be social media.

It's a tire test so don't anticipate any times, etc.... I think, however, the open test in Vegas at the end of the month will have information coming out. Jeff Gluck was awesome last year with the open test in Phoenix. Check out jeffgluck.com.

It's a tire test so don't anticipate any times, etc.... I think, however, the open test in Vegas at the end of the month will have information coming out. Jeff Gluck was awesome last year with the open test in Phoenix. Check out jeffgluck.com.
Gluck is at the Chili Bowl.

upload_2018-1-9_10-30-54.png

The new Camaro certainly doesn't look like the prototype. This just looks like an SS with a Camaro grille.

IMG_1202.JPG

Kinda sucks because the car they unveiled at the Camaro announcement looked pretty sweet.

The new Camaro certainly doesn't look like the prototype. This just looks like an SS with a Camaro grille.

View attachment 31776

Kinda sucks because the car they unveiled at the Camaro announcement looked pretty sweet.
Could just be what they are using for the test car, but yeah, that's all it ever was going to be, a SS with a new nose/hood, it's that current G6 template they have to use, they dont have much room for making changes.

My guess is come Daytona, the quarter window will have the Camaro shape back too it, its just a piece they can swap in anyways. I pointed it out after the announcement, if you look at the press announcement car, you can clearly see the outline of the SS quarter window .

Could just be what they are using for the test car, but yeah, that's all it ever was going to be, a SS with a new nose/hood, it's that current G6 template they have to use, they dont have much room for making changes.

My guess is come Daytona, the quarter window will have the Camaro shape back too it, its just a piece they can swap in anyways. I pointed it out after the announcement, if you look at the press announcement car, you can clearly see the outline of the SS quarter window .
Yeah, hopefully it won't be like the Xfinity "Mustangs" that looked like a first-gen Fusion with a Mustang nose.

View attachment 31776

Its the same , what you are seeing is a lot of testing material. They are running shields over the ducts and have sensors all over the front. Once it comes back for race day with the wrap on it you will see the difference.

That look is awesome. Gotta love Ryan Blaney, he's a very likeable personality

Its the same , what you are seeing is a lot of testing material. They are running shields over the ducts and have sensors all over the front. Once it comes back for race day with the wrap on it you will see the difference.

Agreed. Also, it's harder to see the lines of the car when it's not painted/wrapped. If you look closely at Elliott's car above, you'll notice the updated quarter panel. Tough to really notice without a glossy paint job.

And the Camaro rear window cut out, cant forget that :laugh:
Yeah, hopefully it won't be like the Xfinity "Mustangs" that looked like a first-gen Fusion with a Mustang nose.
It wont be, it looks a ton better than the Xfinity counterpart .

That look is awesome. Gotta love Ryan Blaney, he's a very likeable personality

Agreed. Also, it's harder to see the lines of the car when it's not painted/wrapped. If you look closely at Elliott's car above, you'll notice the updated quarter panel. Tough to really notice without a glossy paint job.
Sometimes, and sometimes a glossy paint/wrap can hide the lines at different angles and whatnot, it just all depends ya know.

Chase Elliott tests new Camaro ZL1 Cup car, says it "looks great"
“Behind the wheel it’s really hard to tell what changes are when you are out there by yourself,” Elliott said Tuesday during a break in a Goodyear tire test at Texas Motor Speedway. “I think the changes will probably become more apparent, hopefully, when we get to say Atlanta or get to some of the tracks that the changes are going to become important at.
“The car looks great. I don’t know from a manufacturer standpoint (or) from the public eyes standpoint, I don’t know how you could not identify the Camaro with the Camaro on the street,” he said.

“It looks the same. I think that is something to be very proud of from Chevrolet; the work they did on that and the thought process behind it. It is the same car, it looks just like it. I think job well done from that standpoint.”
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-chase-elliott-camaro-zl1-test-994192/

Back
Top Bottom