The 2024 Summer in Olympics

I realized last week the primary reason I don't like judged athletic contests is because I don't know anything about the judging criteria or methodologies. This understanding doesn't make it more likely I'll watch them but until I learn how the judging works, I'll stop saying that judged competitions can't be sports.
I have thought about making a thread for some Redneck news and events and then having the RF panel of judges to do a scorecard. There could a set of scores, one based on the Redneck Technical attributes and another on the Freestyle Redneck attributes.

I have thought about making a thread for some Redneck news and events and then having the RF panel of judges to do a scorecard. There could a set of scores, one based on the Redneck Technical attributes and another on the Freestyle Redneck attributes.
Enjoy. The three minutes or so I saw of 'Jackass' was plenty enough for me, thankyouverymuch.

I don’t follow swimming on the regular, so Léon Marchand has been a revelation to me. Really cool to see how much the French crowd gets into it when he’s in the pool.

are these the same cyclists that compete in the Tou de France?
Most of them are. The eventual winner most likely did the TDF a few weeks ago.
A few of them skipped the TDF this year to prep for the Olympics.

Most of them are. The eventual winner most likely did the TDF a few weeks ago.
A few of them skipped the TDF this year to prep for the Olympics.

Not all of them competed there but quite a lot of them.
Cool cool. Thanks for the responses..

What’s more “prestigious” an Olympic Gold or a TDF win? As somebody who knows nothing about cycling, I would think a TDF win would mean more?

Then you’re suggesting a woman should have to fight a man? Or should she just not be allowed in either? Did you also know she’s lost to women before? She was also in Tokyo at those Olympics, and lost in the Quarter Finals. Some advantage.
Yes because no amount of training could make a woman of that weight class match their physique.
There is a good chance they and the athlete from Taiwan will be in the final against each other. How likely is it that two athletes with a super rare genetic condition make the final if they don't have a considerable advantage?

What’s more “prestigious” an Olympic Gold or a TDF win? As somebody who knows nothing about cycling, I would think a TDF win would mean more?
Difficult to say.
On the one hand, I remember more Tour champions than Olympic champions, on the other hand, the tour is every year and the Olympics only once in four years.
Than you can make the argument that the tour has 21 stages while the Olympic race is a one day event...

I don't know, really. Someone would have to ask the riders what they think is more prestigious.

I have seen a little bit of bike racing from the triathlon and a little bit of another one last weekend.

The traction is bad in the rain or wet conditions, they need same rain tires.

Olympics medals are nice but a TDF win will make you world famous.
Plus, this Olympics were missing a couple of the very best riders in Podgacar and Vingegaard.

What Remco did here though, winning both Olympic time trial and road race golds,
is probably the only time that has ever happened. That makes this historic.

Yes because no amount of training could make a woman of that weight class match their physique.
There is a good chance they and the athlete from Taiwan will be in the final against each other. How likely is it that two athletes with a super rare genetic condition make the final if they don't have a considerable advantage?
As I said, she’s lost before, I believe 9 times, one of those times at the Tokyo Olympics. A lot of athletes have advantages because of certain genetics, but they also can sometimes lose, it happens. I don’t think we should ban people for things outside their control, kinda messed up.

As I said, she’s lost before, I believe 9 times, one of those times at the Tokyo Olympics. A lot of athletes have advantages because of certain genetics, but they also can sometimes lose, it happens. I don’t think we should ban people for things outside their control, kinda messed up.
I'm positive that there isn't anything different other than Russian disinformation, which they are very good at. I have seen picture spread from when she was a little girl on up to the present.

Have a look at Kayak Cross if you can find it.
First time for me, jolly good time!

It’s 2024.

How does raw sewage find its way into the Seine?
The Mad Shidders are paid to make the deposits by the book writers and film producers to cash in on the documentaries.

#KenBurnsDeepState

It’s 2024.

How does raw sewage find its way into the Seine?
With a wink and a nod its been Paris' sewer for 100's
of years . Its just been with in the last few decades they
have been trying t do better. Months before the games
it was still showing high bad numbers. They were 10 times
the min. the US allows as safe. I read an article that a couple
of the swimmers said they definitely smelt some funk
in the water.

The Shiâteau is nearby...

Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart.

A dynamite combination. 😎

I think a lot of this is advertisement for Snoop Dogg as he will be in the "Voice" program this year on TV.

Back
Top Bottom