The 2024 Summer in Olympics

Leigh Diffey could make me watch cornhole.
Kinda sucks that he’s getting cooked so much for his 100m call. Lyles really didn’t come on until the final 30m and wasn’t ahead until literally at the line, I think everyone was convinced in real time Thompson had won. That’s an awfully tough event to call.

Kinda sucks that he’s getting cooked so much for his 100m call. Lyles really didn’t come on until the final 30m and wasn’t ahead until literally at the line, I think everyone was convinced in real time Thompson had won. That’s an awfully tough event to call.

Keyboard Warriors doing what Keyboard Warriors do.

It was very close.

I think the only time I've had an issue with a blown photofinish call was the Atlanta Cup race earlier this year when Clint Bowyer kept saying it was Blaney.

Showing respect for your opponent.
Andrade wins the individual floor exercise.

1722895475520.png

As I said, she’s lost before, I believe 9 times, one of those times at the Tokyo Olympics. A lot of athletes have advantages because of certain genetics, but they also can sometimes lose, it happens. I don’t think we should ban people for things outside their control, kinda messed up.
Intersex athletes are nothing new in sport and I don't know why some act like these two are the first ones to ever appear in the Olympics. There is little doubt that intersex athletes have an advantage which is why there are guidelines under which they are allowed to participate.
The IOC could've easily avoided this controversy by being more transparent about this issue. The IBA apparently did a gender test last year which didn't correspond to international standards and the IOC simply approved them without any tests.
And of course an advantage doesn't mean guaranteed victory, it just makes it a lot more likely. Much like you'd expect an HMS car to finish ahead of an RWR car.

He may have knocked the pole down with his pole, but he got a pretty good offer from it.

Womans 10m high dive concluded and the Chinese will own that
gold for decades to come, that is if they can stay the same size while aging.

Just saw the best horse rider in the jumping event get thrown off.

Waiting for USA womans soccer and I want to catch 66kg womans
boxing semis today to see if the controversy continues.

I agree with Andy, that Peacock is nearly impossible to navigate.
Way too many commercials embedded in every event. Every scroll
is penalized with 2 minutes of 5 or 6 commercials.

Womans 10m high dive concluded and the Chinese will own that
gold for decades to come, that is if they can stay the same size while aging.

Just saw the best horse rider in the jumping event get thrown off.

Waiting for USA womans soccer and I want to catch 66kg womans
boxing semis today to see if the controversy continues.

I agree with Andy, that Peacock is nearly impossible to navigate.
Way too many commercials embedded in every event. Every scroll
is penalized with 2 minutes of 5 or 6 commercials.

Peacock was a disaster with the Tokyo games as well. Full blown disaster.

Also not happy that 4K coverage is only available through USA (as an add-on). NBC is by far the worst for trying to force us to buy their streaming service and keep cable at the same time. And that's likely because they're owned by Comcast.

Fantastic men’s basketball games between Canada/France and Australia/Serbia today. Canada isn’t even making it to the medal round with the second-best roster on paper; international basketball is as deep and competitive as ever right now.

I cant watch artistic swimming without thinking about Caddyshack.

A weird thing happened when watching the 66kg Algerian vs Thailand womans boxing match.
When they were walking down the hallway on their way to the ring, the boxer from Thailand looked more
like a guy than the Algerian one at the center of the controversy. It was actually an entertaining match
and the Algerian did not seem to have an advantage, at all.

I cant watch artistic swimming without thinking about Caddyshack.

A weird thing happened when watching the 66kg Algerian vs Thailand womans boxing match.
When they were walking down the hallway on their way to the ring, the boxer from Thailand looked more
like a guy than the Algerian one at the center of the controversy. It was actually an entertaining match
and the Algerian did not seem to have an advantage, at all.
It's been said a few times here that she has been beaten 9 times. She wasn't an invincible man monster that the russians and right wing media were spreading that got the whole mess started in the first place.

Men’s 1500m in track - two Americans on the podium for the first time since 1912 including an Olympic record for Cole Hocker. Incredible drama.

I can't turn away from watching Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Those young ladies can't be from this planet.

Waiting for the men's 200m Final at 2:30 EST.

Was curious why Noah Lyles was wearing a mask in the staging area for the 200m runs the last few days. Turns out he was diagnosed with COVID two days ago and decided to compete in the 200 anyways, TBD on whether he’s on the 4x100 squad. Unfortunate that he’s not been able to be 100% for his final two medal events.

U.S. men’s basketball need a swift kick in the ass at halftime against Serbia.

Embeast and the Chef saved the day.
Embiid clutched up in a big way, he just about tied it on his own with that personal mini-run in the middle of the 4th and was fantastic on both ends to finish the game. It took him and three top 15 players all-time on the floor together to come back and win.

Fair play to Serbia, they were excellent most of the night, shot incredibly well from 3 and played heads-up defense until the U.S. pulled their heads out of their asses. Serbia/Germany is a very interesting Bronze medal game.

Back
Top Bottom