The Clash

You haven’t heard about the pitch clock and pace of play in baseball?
Yeah, I thought about that, but is that coming from the fans or the networks?

Im legit curious. What stadium actually works? Estadio Azteca in Mexico City?

The LA Coliseum has had a long history with Mickey Thompson, Supercross, Stadium Trucks, X Games Rally, etc.

A lot of NFL stadiums and soccer stadiums look cramped for floor space. Just look at the peristyle & how the LA Coliseum is constructed.
I dont think it has to be a Stadium

I hear you on this, but I think that some are so deep into this sport that they have lost the ability to see it through the lens of a newbie. My first live race was a ChampCar event in Portland. I didn't know what the hell should matter, but here's what did.... 1) The sound--so cool, and 2) The speed--intense.... That was all I could handle. I think that fans at The Clash get the sound....maybe not the speed, but enough of a taste to maybe come back for more.

You cannot build a track in the center of a city because it makes 0 financial sense. 0. I will bow to the commercial realtors and financial wizards on the Board for the specific reasons why....but we can use the remodel of Fontana as an example. That space can be used for big dollar investments, and so it shall. We are lucky that they aren't bulldozing the thing altogether.
Instead of having a race inside a football stadium, build a proper 1/2" mile short track with a playing field in the middle. Tradition or not , I have NEVER had any use for stock cars on tracks less than a half mile. I wouldn't go to Bowman Gray if you gave me tickets. There are or were all kinds of less than half mile tracks within two hours of me, and I never went to ANY of them.

Instead of having a race inside a football stadium, build a proper 1/2" mile short track with a playing field in the middle. Tradition or not , I have NEVER had any use for stock cars on tracks less than a half mile. I wouldn't go to Bowman Gray if you gave me tickets. There are or were all kinds of less than half mile tracks within two hours of me, and I never went to ANY of them.
I agree that cup cars shouldn't be on a track smaller than 1/2 miles but my local track is a 1/4 mile and its great watching modified and late models on it.

That's unfortunate you really don't know what you're missing. Slinger puts on some great racing, the SRX race in 21 was great side by side battles

But dropping cash to simply build another track ain't happening man.

So, have you ever heard a college football fan or a baseball fan talk about the quality of the game? That is different from the way the game is run.
Three true outcomes and the shift are big ones as far as quality of the game. I’d probably add in the ghost runner too.

Three true outcomes and the shift are big ones as far as quality of the game. I’d probably add in the ghost runner too.
Again, I get the bitching about rule changes, but do baseball fans bitch at the end of the event about anything other than their team losing? Not as much as NASCAR fans IMO.

Again, I get the bitching about rule changes, but do baseball fans bitch at the end of the event about anything other than their team losing? Not as much as NASCAR fans IMO.
When baseball teams play, 50% of the players and fans lose. When Cup cars race, 97% of the drivers and fans don’t win. Lots more potential bitchers.

Some Clash Entertainment

For the uninitiated

He's a really solid performer, idk if NASCAR would want him giving out his brand of weed at the concert though. Lol.

I never heard of any of them.
I just googled Cypress Hill and I think most people who grew up listening to that music are closer to your age.

Cypress is for all ages. (LOL) Seriously though, a well known group on the west coast should make for good entertainment.

Also, random music nerd fact of the Cypress Hill track posted. A Tribe Called Quest (Vibes and Stuff) and Cypress Hill (Stoned is the of the Walk) used the same Grant Green (Down Here on the Ground) sample for their respected tracks.

I like how NASCAR is mixing up live performances with different genres as well.

He's a really solid performer, idk if NASCAR would want him giving out his brand of weed at the concert though. Lol.
Maybe he can work out a partnership with RCR's weed sponsor.
Cypress is for all ages. (LOL) Seriously though, a well known group on the west coast should make for good entertainment.

Also, random music nerd fact of the Cypress Hill track posted. A Tribe Called Quest (Vibes and Stuff) and Cypress Hill (Stoned is the of the Walk) used the same Grant Green (Down Here on the Ground) sample for their respected tracks.

I like how NASCAR is mixing up live performances with different genres as well.
Thanks for sharing the video. It certainly ain't my kind of music but I agree that there's nothing wrong with NASCAR inviting artists from different genres.
As long as they don't triple ticket prices like IndyCar did for Iowa, that is...

Uninformed opinion: at least I could understand most of what Khalifa was saying. I couldn't make out more than about one word out of five in the Cypress HIll tune.

Good idea. Relatable to the Coliseum in memory of the Olympic games just as the Lobsta for Loudon or the Clock at Martinsville.

It's an exhibition so might as well have some fun with it, I liked the idea when I saw it too.

Back
Top Bottom