The Daytona 500 (Pre-Race)

Ah yes because when the government creates rules, everyone follows them. If a government creates rules that they themselves break, without consequence, there are no rules.
When a president or a governor uses the bully pulpit to encourage compliance, the percentage of people complying go up.

The Rep. gov. here in SC said he didn't support a mask mandate because it was 'unenforceable'. By that theory, there's no point in having a speed limit, a minimum age of alcohol, littering laws, shoplifting, or most laws on the books. But most people accept abiding by laws because that's what it takes to keep a social civilization running halfway smoothly.

If my neighbor, who can't tell if he's breathing viruses, insists on taking no action to stop his potential spreading of a disease, what recourse do you suggest society take? Should we allow Typhoid Mary to wander where she will, with those coming behind her hours later being unaware she's been there, potentially contaminating surfaces?

Mask laws are no different from the restrictions government imposed during WW2 to reserve resources for the war effort. Did everyone comply? Of course not, probably including many who imposed those restrictions. That doesn't mean they weren't a good idea, or that the majority's compliance didn't make a difference.

Last edited:
Gragson and Suarez:

Suarez is not a fan of Gragson it seems like, in a joking way. Oddly enough, both of them are RCR satellite teams...lol.

Reactions: Pat
Such fuss about qualifying for one of the races where starting order has the least impact on finishing order.
First race of the season. Everybody is jacked up, it's been a long off season. and MOST of us like a good fender banging, high speed contest and will love to be screaming at the TV when the smoke clears.

Cindric and Grala can still get in on qualifying speed (3rd and 4th among open cars) depending on results of Preece and Ragan in the Duels.

I just hope the 48 car doesn't get damaged tonight.
These cars are basically no different than the cars ran last season right? If so then they can kinda predict how it will race in the draft or around others. Best bet for the front row is to save that car and hang in the rear.

Yeah I see we have some Karens
most people have little if any knowledge about retro viruses. If they would show a movie or two with a mutating more powerful monster creature that adapts and gets stronger as time goes on, it might click. But some will never be convinced until they hit the ICU unit. A nurse friend was telling me about a guy that had been in the ICU 3 times :idunno:

most people have little if any knowledge about retro viruses. If they would show a movie or two with a mutating more powerful monster creature that adapts and gets stronger as time goes on, it might click. But some will never be convinced until they hit the ICU unit. A nurse friend was telling me about a guy that had been in the ICU 3 times :idunno:
COVID-19 is not a retrovirus.

89E28F86-DFD3-4D56-910A-1214810E68DE.png

Might be a long day Sunday.

First race of the season. Everybody is jacked up, it's been a long off season. and MOST of us like a good fender banging, high speed contest and will love to be screaming at the TV when the smoke clears.
I've often wondered if the first race of the season would be greeted the same way regardless of which track hosted it.

I like a good fender-banger too, but they can't intentionally bang fenders here without disastrous consequences.

Fox would do the casual audience a big favor if they were to rerun the Clash during delays instead of a previous 500.
I don't even have to guess. One Earnhardt or the other will be featured if they follow the other delays from years past. I think I have seen Sr win the 500 about a hundred times when it rains in Florida. Those are Hamlin's estimates BTW.

I've often wondered if the first race of the season would be greeted the same way regardless of which track hosted it.

I like a good fender-banger too, but they can't intentionally bang fenders here without disastrous consequences.
That's a good rhetorical question. I don't think any race can pack them into the stands and watch on TV like the Daytona 500 in February. I'm not an attendance expert but I think the super speedways pull really good numbers first race or not. I wonder what track could get close. Maybe Watkins Glenn but not in February. Homestead? hail no. Phoenix is iffy because it could be too cold. California couldn't draw with naked dancing girls

See my pretty car? Now go out a win a damn race, you got one of the best crew chiefs in the series

He has been a disappointment as far as I am concerned. I hope he picks it up. No excuses with Fugle up on the box
He’s just barely old enough to drink and only one of his teammates has really excelled in the last several seasons. Not everyone is a Tony Stewart or Jimmie Johnson their opening seasons.

That's a good rhetorical question. I don't think any race can pack them into the stands and watch on TV like the Daytona 500 in February. I'm not an attendance expert but I think the super speedways pull really good numbers first race or not. I wonder what track could get close. Maybe Watkins Glenn but not in February. Homestead? hail no. Phoenix is iffy because it could be too cold. California couldn't draw with naked dancing girls
Could we at least try it and see?

He seems to have calmed down a bit. No spread eagle belly flop this time. I think he is becoming a veteran and his experience can get him some decent finishes in the 3. I think he gained some fans tonight.
He's getting there as a driver. I'll never like the way he won his 500 though.

Back
Top Bottom