The Food thread

The wife made this big ass banana pudding a couple of day's ago. I hope to finish it by tomorrow. Damn it's good.

View attachment 28106
I could help?
hungry.gif

Spicy Tuna Dip

12 oz can Bumble Bee solid white albacore tuna in water (well drained.)
1 C mayonnaise
2/3 C chopped white onion
2 med. jalapeños, seeded and diced fine
1 or 2 Serrano chilis, seeded and diced fine
Medium handful roughly chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp or so salt
1 to 2 tsp finely ground pepper (can use white pepper)

Add tuna, mayo and onion to food processor and blend until smooth. Add jalapeños, chilis, cilantro, salt & pepper and pulse until cilantro leaves are chopped. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to mingle.
Awesome with fresh warm tortilla chips.
This is mildly spicy. Add more or less peppers to suit.

I'm pretty sure that's just in Kiwi and Ausi genes... Not sure anyone else could acquire it...
They had a little Vegemite segment on Bizarre Foods that was funny. Andrew couldn't get a non down underer to touch the stuff a second time. There were some really funny faces the first time they tried it. :D

Spicy Tuna Dip

12 oz can Bumble Bee solid white albacore tuna in water (well drained.)
1 C mayonnaise
2/3 C chopped white onion
2 med. jalapeños, seeded and diced fine
1 or 2 Serrano chilis, seeded and diced fine
Medium handful roughly chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp or so salt
1 to 2 tsp finely ground pepper (can use white pepper)

Add tuna, mayo and onion to food processor and blend until smooth. Add jalapeños, chilis, cilantro, salt & pepper and pulse until cilantro leaves are chopped. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to mingle.
Awesome with fresh warm tortilla chips.
This is mildly spicy. Add more or less peppers to suit.
...maybe a little less than 2/3 C onion

Currently marinating fresh halibut in oil, lime juice, ancho powder and a little cumin. Grilled fish tacos. Cabbage slaw with a little red onion pico de gallo and avocados for toppers. White corn tortillas.

Grampy's diner opened at 7:30 this morning. The cook, me, was informed that not having bacon or sausage will not be tolerated. They then had a bowl of ceral topped with banana slices because they were ''starving''
mail

Obviously they survived, kicked them out around noon for being too rambunctious!!! And Grampy needs a nap....
mail

mail

Heat and humidity broke yesterday. Wife made a big ol' pot of beef stew. No pics. It didn't last very long.

I'm making some sauce for Italian sausage sandwiches. I'm starting with Cento peeled tomatoes. I might just let it simmer for a few hours and make the sammich tomorrow. :idunno:

For dinner tonight. Fresh Salmon stuffed with just caught shrimp and fresh lump back blue crab meat cornbread stuffing. It's cooking now, If It lasts long enough I'll try to take a picture. :D

Assembly: Line the back half of the bread fold with provolone to avoid a sauce related blowout. Sausage, cheese, sauce, twice.

Top with shredded mozz and more provo...

Little more sauce and more mozz...

My buddy is down on his luck a bit so I just delivered half of this giant sandwich. This is my half...

Drive around your town and waste a tankful of gas, you'll never find a sandwich like this.

Back
Top Bottom