The Food thread

Today is Taco Day. Who doesn't like a 4-taco plate?
I'm sweating out of the top of my head. Dude across the street was born in Tijuana and he won't eat my food, salsa or home grown serranos. His wife was born in Guatemala and likes my serranos but he told me not to give her any more of them.
This food will burn yowass.

LOL at Bobby. My mom lived in Laredo for a number of years. We'd go down there and cross over into Nuevo Laredo to some local places
for dinner. True Mexican food is surprisingly mild. We Norte Americanos have added all the spice and the heat.

LOL at Bobby. My mom lived in Laredo for a number of years. We'd go down there and cross over into Nuevo Laredo to some local places
for dinner. True Mexican food is surprisingly mild. We Norte Americanos have added all the spice and the heat.
Ahh.......it's soooooo good. :D

Not for me ----- I have strong objections to burning -- going down and coming out. :D
Give me the subtle flavoring in true Mexican. :)
It took me all day to cook the meat. Peppers, plants and powder went in the food processor and was added after the meat was browned. Complex and flavorful, but hot. YUM!! :D

Was at Muzza's today. No pics, no story. Just stating facts. :D
No freakin comment Clutch. Just no freakin comment.

Laurie-Holden-on-The-Walking-Dead_event_main.jpg

I just bought the missus one about 4 years ago so we're waiting for it to age.
We love it though.
I have one that's only 47 years old --- it was a wedding present when I got married. It's beginning to age well.
The one I use the most is my mom's --- It's closing in on 70 years old and is totally non-stick.

You just have to have patience. :D

:micro:
I have one that's only 47 years old --- it was a wedding present when I got married. It's beginning to age well.
The one I use the most is my mom's --- It's closing in on 70 years old and is totally non-stick.

You just have to have patience. :D
If your talking about skillets, I have a few we bought early 60's. Still have them but since I started helping the wife I went to Teflon pans.
I wonder why the food doesn't taste the same.

:micro:

I was looking at recipes for Christmas dinner and found this favorite. I love casseroles.

Corn Casserole (from Mike Freeman)
2 cans corn drained
½ can cream of celery
½ cup sour cream
½ cup grated mild cheddar cheese
¼ cup diced onion
1 stick butter melted
1 roll Ritz crackers crushed
Mix first 5 ingredients. Mix butter & crackers, top casserole.
Bake 20-30 minutes at 400 or until topping is browned and
bubbly.

I was looking at recipes for Christmas dinner and found this favorite. I love casseroles.

2 cans corn drained
½ can cream of celery
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup diced onion
1 stick butter melted
bubbly.
TRL brought up an old recipe thread just for us Pat......... ;)

2 cans corn drained
½ can cream of celery
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup diced onion
1 stick butter melted
bubbly.
I'm copying this down Pat..... you know me.... I love new recipes.

TRL has brought up Kat's kitchen again for us.... I have been reading thru from the beginning and have aleady copied several recipes..... some good stuff. What amazes me is..... there are only 285 posts ...... but..... 22,000 views..... that's a lot of views for no more posts than 285........ seems to me a lot of folks are garnering the fruit but not adding more input....... kinda' like the Little Red Hen syndrome........ LOL........ (The wife and kids hate when I bring up that phrase).

Down under you can't buy Baby Back Pork Ribs at most butchers. The cuts of meat are way different.
But I have a butcher who will cut them for me and I just ordered 10 racks which i pick up tomorrow! Yum...can't wait to taste them

Down under you can't buy Baby Back Pork Ribs at most butchers. The cuts of meat are way different.
But I have a butcher who will cut them for me and I just ordered 10 racks which i pick up tomorrow! Yum...can't wait to taste them
I love Baby Back Ribs....... But.... I have not mastered cooking them.... so..... I just go to Outback ........ LOL.........

And we getta see them? :whoopee:

I'm copying this down Pat..... you know me.... I love new recipes.

TRL has brought up Kat's kitchen again for us.... I have been reading thru from the beginning and have aleady copied several recipes..... some good stuff. What amazes me is..... there are only 285 posts ...... but..... 22,000 views..... that's a lot of views for no more posts than 285........ seems to me a lot of folks are garnering the fruit but not adding more input....... kinda' like the Little Red Hen syndrome........ LOL........ (The wife and kids hate when I bring up that phrase).

I saw that thread but haven't looked. Maybe I'll pick up some good recipes to try out before the holidays next year. Right now I have my menu set and have no time to try new ones.

Le Creuset enameled cast iron :cool:
Beneath the mushrooms, carrots, potatoes and onions lies a 5lb. chuck roast. It has been in a 275 degree oven for 5 hrs., cooked in beef stock and 8 ozs. of California red blend wine.

Le Creuset enameled cast iron :cool:
Beneath the mushrooms, carrots, potatoes and onions lies a 5lb. chuck roast. It has been in a 275 degree oven for 5 hrs., cooked in beef stock and 8 ozs. of California red blend wine.
For this when we fly down to Muzzah's you're gonna have to ride in the baggage compartment. :mad:

The key to this sandwich is the slow carmelization of the white onions. With butter and olive oil. Butter first and a little olive oil when the butter begins to brown at low temp.
Boar's Head smoked turkey and ham. Carmelized onions and jalapeno peppers. Same-day sourdough.
Dope.

No pics to show for it, but I took the wife and daughters to lunch at Parasson's, a local Italian restaurant, yesterday, and I had an awesome meatball sub smothered in mushrooms and mozzarella cheese with the best steak fries around on the side. They each had Italian hoagies. Their hoagies are undoubtedly my wife's favorite sandwiches on the planet.

No pics to show for it, but I took the wife and daughters to lunch at Parasson's, a local Italian restaurant, yesterday, and I had an awesome meatball sub smothered in mushrooms and mozzarella cheese with the best steak fries around on the side. They each had Italian hoagies. Their hoagies are undoubtedly my wife's favorite sandwiches on the planet.
We foodies NEED pics :mad:

OK, so we are currently experiencing some kind of modern ice-age thing over here on the west coast. For 3 of the past 7 days, I required a jacket, two days of which I needed gloves (in the morning.)
The historically inclement weather has also affected my diet. It's been too cold to BBQ. Today I BBQ'd. I haven't had a steak in a while so I figured I'd catch up and eat two tonight.
Rib-eyes, mashies & gravy, sautéed spinach and grilled tomatoes :)

Back
Top Bottom