The Food thread

Chili day again!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415071265.426468.jpg

Crap. How did Thanksgiving pass with no entries in The Food Thread???
I felt bad about having so much hot sauce on my breakfast this morning...

...that I'm only having a salad for lunch :(

Beer battered, cast iron skillet fried, calves liver and onions and Mrs. Johali's famous homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner. Damn I wont be able to move.

We have a full set of Wagner that my grandmother got as a wedding present in 1909 and left to me when she passed in 1979. I believe that my wife would shoot someone dead if they even looked at it wrong. :D

We have a full set of Wagner that my grandmother got as a wedding present in 1909 and left to me when she passed in 1979. I believe that my wife would shoot someone dead if they even looked at it wrong. :D
Heat one up then take it off the heat for 15 minutes and then sit a Muzza's meat pie on it to heat up.

That'll work. :D

I just bought the missus one about 4 years ago so we're waiting for it to age.
We love it though.

I just bought the missus one about 4 years ago so we're waiting for it to age.
We love it though.
So good. Buy them vintage online, if you can as I believe they're different than what is made today.
I also have a LeCreuset enameled cast iron Dutch oven that produces some amazing meals.

So good. Buy them vintage online, if you can as I believe they're different than what is made today.
I also have a LeCreuset enameled cast iron Dutch oven that produces some amazing meals.
I think I'm gonna' like this Food thread deal......... I have many pieces of cast iron that I have acquired over the years.... from small to large cast iron skillets to Dutch ovens.... bean pots... griddles.... fish fryers...... nothing better than properly seasoned cast iron to cook in.... I just skimmed over the thread really quick..... didn't see any recipes...... might have missed them..... do you guys post them here..... We used to have a recipe thread at the last 2 or 3 boards I was on..... altogether had more than 15000 posts.... probably 1/3 of them recipes.....
See y'all

I think I'm gonna' like this Food thread deal......... I have many pieces of cast iron that I have acquired over the years.... from small to large cast iron skillets to Dutch ovens.... bean pots... griddles.... fish fryers...... nothing better than properly seasoned cast iron to cook in.... I just skimmed over the thread really quick..... didn't see any recipes...... might have missed them..... do you guys post them here..... We used to have a recipe thread at the last 2 or 3 boards I was on..... altogether had more than 15000 posts.... probably 1/3 of them recipes.....

Nothing stopping one from posting recipes here Kmart. :)

We have lotsa good stuff and a lotta good people. Best forum on the webs.

I knew I would find you here eventually. :)

Beer battered, cast iron skillet fried, calves liver and onions and Mrs. Johali's famous homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner. Damn I wont be able to move.

That sounds good. I haven't had liver in ages.

Pepper Poppers

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
1 cup (8 oz) shredded fiesta cheese
6-8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled (I cheat and just use bacon bits)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp, garlic powder (I usually use more of this and the chili powder)
1 pound jalapenos halved lenghtwise and deseeded.
1/2 cup bread crumbs
* sour cream/onion dip or ranch dressing ..... optional

Mix all this stuff in a large mixing bowl. Stuff the jalepeno halves , place on a cookie and bake at 325 .

20 minutes for hot
30 minutes for medium
40 minutes for mild.

I normally double the recipe which usually makes about 1 1/2 cookie sheets. There hardly are any left and if so.... throw 'em in the fridge. They are excellent the next day.

I just knew I would find you here. :)
This looks like a really good place for me to hang out Pete!!!!!! LOL....

In all seriousness .... it sure would be good to see the old recipe thread revitalized.... there were so many good recipes shared over the years and it all started with Dan being a smartass by posting his zucchinni bread recipe just piss the the moderators off!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom