The future of the WEC

Kiante

Team Owner
You have got to be kidding me, c'mon ACO and FIA:

Lower cost, but charge 100,000 Euros for some slight changes to the aero kit? I do not like this move man. Trying to re-invent the wheel for what? Just follow IMSA's formula, it works.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
There might be a possibility of Audi coming after all.

Larry Holt (from Multimatic) says “We’ve just made Audi’s first chassis." Go to the last line of the article.

Maybe they ordered a chassis before they decided not to race, or maybe maybe they changed their minds. I guess we will know if/when they show us the thing.

OK, this is a little better than a rumor, but it's not bad news. Maybe if they do run, hopefully they will at least come over here for the enduros.

Old article from February I think.

Dries Vanthoor said something about how how the whole thing went down on Instagram recently. He and the rest of their drivers had their stuff packed to fly out to the unveil presentation, the next day they were told the program was canned. That short of a notice.

Whatever stuff they had built up has been repurposed to the Porsche program I think.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
You have got to be kidding me, c'mon ACO and FIA:

Lower cost, but charge 100,000 Euros for some slight changes to the aero kit? I do not like this move man. Trying to re-invent the wheel for what? Just follow IMSA's formula, it works.
Totally pointless and unnecessary. It’s not even supposed to be faster, just “different”. Lol

Porsche have already asked “do we really need this?” and they field like half the Am entries. Those costs just get passed down to the teams. Obviously they talked to neither the manufacturers nor the teams about this. It’ll probably be canned eventually.

Doc Austin

Back From The Dead
Old article from February I think.
I'm sorry. I forgot the link, but it was on Racer yesterday. Now I can't find it.

I sure hope that's a recent article because that would just mean more cars. All he said was that they just finished Audi's chassis, which could mean almost anything. If they don't run it, the chassis will probably land in Porsche's hands.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Once again, the FIA does not look after the privateers.

Are they trying to run the privateers off?
GT3 is them taking another concept they didn’t conceive, so of course they have to change it up somehow. No performance difference, just has to look different. What a waste. I’m sure they’ll be talked out of it eventually though, as they’ve at least been more receptive to evolving ideas the last few years.

Doc Austin

Back From The Dead
Probably belongs on the WEC forum too, but here's the Penske Porsche. It's simplicity is beautiful.

porsche070622_ldn1763_-_3_4_fronthoch_high.jpg

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Rumors are that the Porsche customers on the WEC side are Jota moving up from LMP2, and Proton moving up from GTE. It’d be great to see immediate customer uptake confirmed soon if it’s true.

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Can’t wait to see the wingless freak in action.

Glick turned French over the break.

Seriously, it’s good to see teams get away from the red/black/white everyone’s been running since 2016 or so.

Top Bottom