Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume the DA has to go through a pretty lengthy file. Most of us here wouldn't file charges because we've learned how sprint cars work and been exposed to a lot of information. My first instinct before learning ANYTHING was to file charges. The DA has likely not been following it so he has a lot to learn.

That's why I have to ask my law questions on here. This place is full of experts. :D

I used to be damn good at the law. But I haven't had time for Barnaby Jones, Ironsides, Perry Mason, or even the simple Divorce Court shows for well over 25 years.

Some of the younger whipper snapper TV accredited law students here will have to explain matters.
But this doesn't disbar me from making up some law as needed, to quote if I think it will make for a good post.

I used to be damn good at the law. But I haven't had time for Barnaby Jones, Ironsides, Perry Mason, or even the simple Divorce Court shows for well over 25 years.

Some of younger whipper snapper TV accredited law students here will have to explain matters.
But this doesn't disbar me from making up some law as needed, to quote if I think it will make for a good post.

Pretend lawyers just like the real ones don't have any shame either, and likes to quotes themselves.

This whole mess has really taken the shine out of this racing season for me. Smoke is the only driver that I follow in terms of the Chase for the Championship or what ever they call it now. Pro football was a great filler for me after the last race as their season went right thru the first week of February with little to know racing withdraw. Now I find myself gravitating over to it more and more because of this incident but even they are having legal issues and investigation going on.

What might happen to Tony Stewart when District Attorney’s review of Kevin Ward Jr. case is completed?

This undoubtedly will be one of the longest weeks in Tony Stewart‘s life.

Later this week, a New York state district attorney’s office is expected to announce its findings in the investigation of last month’s tragedy that involved Stewart and also claimed the life of young racer Kevin Ward Jr.

Stewart could be absolved of any criminal blame in the case, he could be indicted directly by the district attorney’s office, or the D.A. could forward the case to the grand jury to determine if Stewart should stand trial or not in Ward’s death.

Read the full story here that explains the process.

@bobpockrass: Tony Stewart case will be taken to a grand jury "in near future" according to Ontario County DA office.

The video of him hitting the gas and then slamming into Ward is about all one needs

Which video is that? Do you really think some dude holding a $400 camcorder on the front stretch picked up a clear recording of Tony's engine from 400ft away?

NOt good. I think part of this is because of the ignorant media that does not follow nascar.

If the news is stressful to anyone, and creates the not sure what to post crisis without sounding stupid traumas , have no fear.

Here is quick tutorial on to sound legal literate or at least like you have seen a few
Law and Order episodes in your time.
Cause an Internet poster has got to have a little more than a Starsky and Hutch educations, to be explaining the any hows and what nots, that is fixing to happen.

One misconception that fans and the media seem to have is that the case would have to go to the grand jury if Stewart is to face potential charges.

That’s not the case, Borkan noted. The D.A.’s office could bring charges against Stewart itself.

“If the district attorney made the determination that they felt there was enough to prosecute and convict, they could do what’s called a direct indictment,” Borkan said. “They do not have to go to the grand jury. You see that very often; not all cases do go to the grand jury.”

But even if the D.A.’s office chooses not to hand down a direct indictment, the case could still be sent to the grand jury to weigh whether Stewart was culpable in the accident that claimed Ward’s life.

That's from what I had posted yesterday in #2221 which makes me wonder if the DA is trying to stretch this on further in hopes of someone finding him to be at fault. Why didn't he just bring him up on charges if he felt he had the evidence. Sounds like the DA may just be looking for publicity to me.

One misconception that fans and the media seem to have is that the case would have to go to the grand jury if Stewart is to face potential charges.

That’s not the case, Borkan noted. The D.A.’s office could bring charges against Stewart itself.

“If the district attorney made the determination that they felt there was enough to prosecute and convict, they could do what’s called a direct indictment,” Borkan said. “They do not have to go to the grand jury. You see that very often; not all cases do go to the grand jury.”

But even if the D.A.’s office chooses not to hand down a direct indictment, the case could still be sent to the grand jury to weigh whether Stewart was culpable in the accident that claimed Ward’s life.

That's from what I had posted yesterday in #2221 which makes me wonder if the DA is trying to stretch this on further in hopes of someone finding him to be at fault. Why didn't he just bring him up on charges if he felt he had the evidence. Sounds like the DA may just be looking for publicity to me.

sounds like the DA is doing some CYA

OK * runs Andy over *

YOUKICKEDMEWHENIWASDOWN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom