Tulsa Shoot out/Chili Bown Nationals 2018

doesn't take very long before someone twists up what he said

It's just ridiculous. This is why I stayed on Rev the way that I did. You shouldn't get to just have stupid reactions and say dumb **** because you perceive things a certain way. Especially when the words are literally there for you to listen to/read. There is no mistaking Larson's desire to win anything.

He has wanted a Driller for a long time. I think he gets it this year. He is on a roll lately and the momentum is huge going into this week. He locked himself in right away and now just needs to get it done Saturday. Obviously has a ton of stiff competition out there and it is always good to see the CA sprint car driver's represent so well.

Keep an eye on Kyle Hirst. His family is huge in sprint cars out here in CA. He is in a midget for the first time ever and he can wheel a car.

Can anyone tell me what the racin boys broadcast is like. I was thinking of paying the 30 to get Saturdays coverage

Can anyone tell me what the racin boys broadcast is like. I was thinking of paying the 30 to get Saturdays coverage

Very good. They start at 5pm central time and it ends usually at 11 or so, they cover every race. Great camera views, and they have a pit reporter that interviews the winner of each race. You will like it.

edit - I was talking about the races this weekend so far, the saturday coverage they are talking about starting at 9am or so possibly, they are running all the way back on saturday to a O Main so that's gonna take awhile.

Very good. They start at 5pm central time and it ends usually at 11 or so, they cover every race. Great camera views, and they have a pit reporter that interviews the winner of each race. You will like it.

edit - I was talking about the races this weekend so far, the saturday coverage they are talking about starting at 9am or so possibly, they are running all the way back on saturday to a O Main so that's gonna take awhile.

Thanks, for that kind of coverage I will gladly pay

Racinboys coverage ends Saturday at 5, so if you want to see the C, B, and A main, all you will get is audio. MAV TV has the finals, starting at 7 pm. Mav is on Direct TV, and most cable packages. I have Mediacom and added the package for 4.99 per month a couple days ago. Lucas oil tv (internet stream) will also have it, but you have to buy the yearly package to get one night.

3 Toyotas are preliminary winners so far. (All Keith Kunz motor sports cars) Kyle Larson, Rico abreu, and Christopher Bell. Chad Boat also won the race of champions in a Toyota. This is going to be an epic A Main.

I barely caught this one,as I was turned around at the time. Guy was okay.
chi_2018-01-11_LB-0463.jpg

Holy mackerel for indoor air quality, or lack thereof. Keith Kunz Motorsports candidate tonight is Spencer Bayston for the win.

Flip count stands at 43 after 3 nights. Record is 61 from 2015 I think. It appears were on a pace to shatter that. (not that thats a good thing)
MAV TVs lineup tomorrow, starts with Chili Bowl 2016 at 1130. Tulsa Shootout 2017 parts 1 and 2 from 2:30 to 4:30, Chili Bowl 2017 at 4:30. Tulsa Shootout 2018 at 7:30 and Chili Bowl 2018 at 8:30. All times ET. If you wanted to start earlier, Knoxville Nationals 2017 is on at 10AM ET. Thats quite a line up!

Big names in the A. Kahne, Stenhouse squeaked in Haudenchild big name WoO driver, Brayston, local boy Pittman. Boat is going to be hard to beat on the pole.

Sheldon Haudenschild is an awesome driver to watch. He’s young and bat **** crazy, but some of the passes he pulls off are unreal

3 Toyotas are preliminary winners so far. (All Keith Kunz motor sports cars) Kyle Larson, Rico abreu, and Christopher Bell. Chad Boat also won the race of champions in a Toyota. This is going to be an epic A Main.
kinda..Larson is driving his dad's car which is an affiliate for this race only..interesting story above. Post 63

Full A-Main results for tonight:

UOF A Feature (25 Laps): 1. 39BC-Justin Grant, [2]; 2. 97K-Spencer Bayston, [6]; 3. 37-Andrew Felker, [11]; 4. 71G-Damion Gardner, [3]; 5. 67Z-Kasey Kahne, [9]; 6. 84X-Chad Boat, [1]; 7. 47X-Tim McCreadie, [17]; 8. 45X-Bricen James, [13]; 9. 73S-Sheldon Haudenschild, [10]; 10. 25-Dave Darland, [15]; 11. 17BC-Ricky Stenhouse Jr, [19]; 12. 28A-Ace McCarthy, [12]; 13. 15H-Sam Hafertepe Jr, [4]; 14. 37M-Matt Mitchell, [21]; 15. 88N-D.J. Netto, [20]; 16. 2X-Brent Beauchamp, [18]; 17. 16R-Davey Ray, [16]; 18. 21-Daryn Pittman, [14]; 19. 23M-David Budres, [24]; 20. 98-Clinton Boyles, [22]; 21. 71K-Tucker Klaasmeyer, [7]; 22. (DNF) 17R-Alex Schutte, [23]; 23. (DNF) 1R-Thomas Meseraull, [5]; 24. (DNF) 55K-Nick Knepper, [8]

That was a stacked group tonight when you look through the results and see some of the guys who missed a transfer spot. Gardner and McCreadie are former winners, Darland back there. That's a pretty good run for Kahne, who has struggled in many previous years.

Last edited:
kinda..Larson is driving his dad's car which is an affiliate for this race only..interesting story above. Post 63

Everything about the Mike Larson car is KKM ,from the parts, fabrication, motor, where it's housed, to who hauls it to the track. Easiest kind of car to own, just pay the bills. :)

Chili Bowl: Alex Bowman returns to his racing roots
The driver-turned-car-owner spent his off-season from NASCAR working on the car in his spare time before returning to the Tulsa Expo Raceway with C.J. Leary behind the wheel.
With the current economic climate and drivers having to pay to compete, Bowman understands what it means to get a break. After Valvoline offered to sponsor Bowman’s entry, the sponsor gave him carte blanche with driver selection. Leary, 21, seemed a logical choice.
Leary won his third heat race on Thursday, finished second to Christopher Bell in his qualifier and was running second to Bell in the A-main preliminary before spinning out and finishing 18th.

When Bowman needed the final touches on his midget, he enlisted the help of the Hendrick Motorsports fab shop. While North Carolina might be the heart of NASCAR country, it’s not a hotbed for building midgets.
“We built the body there and cut a couple of bars out,” Bowman said. “I’m very thankful for all their help. I couldn’t have done it without them. It was nice. I’ve worked on these cars all my life but I’m not a fabricator. I’m a race car driver. I can build one, but it’s not going to be as nice as if a guy who is a fabricator for a living builds one. That help was a big help for me.”
https://www.motorsport.com/midget/news/nascar-alex-bowman-chili-bowl-995210/

Back
Top Bottom