Tulsa Shoot out/Chili Bown Nationals 2018

Elbows up Kyle. Would'e rather seen you start 8th instead of the pole
:)

Really good race but those last 10-15 laps were set up to be truly epic between Larson and Bell.

Yeah I wanted Kyle to win driving his dad's car, but Okie boy Bell is just fine if Kyle didn't win in my book. Looking forward to Bell beating Kyle damn Bush next year in Xfinity now that he isn't his boss.

got lucky a young kid streamed it live on YouTube, I invited them all to come to racing forum, who knows we might get some new subscribers

Full results:

UOF A Feature (55 Laps): 1. 71W-Christopher Bell, [2]; 2. 97-Rico Abreu, [3]; 3. 97K-Spencer Bayston, [6]; 4. 63-Tanner Thorson, [17]; 5. 87-Ryan Bernal, [23]; 6. 63D-Brad Sweet, [5]; 7. 39BC-Justin Grant, [4]; 8. 71R-Chase Johnson, [9]; 9. 27K-Kevin Thomas Jr, [11]; 10. 84X-Chad Boat, [24]; 11. 71-Ryan Robinson, [19]; 12. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, [10]; 13. 35TE-Chris Windom, [20]; 14. 67-Logan Seavey, [21]; 15. 17W-Shane Golobic, [7]; 16. 4-Tom Harris, [18]; 17. 49ER-Caleb Armstrong, [14]; 18. 77P-Billy Pauch Jr, [22]; 19. (DNF) 01-Kyle Larson, [1]; 20. (DNF) 37-Andrew Felker, [12]; 21. (DNF) 91T-Tyler Thomas, [8]; 22. (DNF) 24-Tracy Hines, [15]; 23. (DNF) 1-Sammy Swindell, [13]; 24. (DNF) 57BC-Giovanni Scelzi, [16]

There was some wild racing from 4th through about 10th. They were really slugging it out.

Thorson sure came up thru there to get a fourth. Swindell was on the move until he broke. That was a really good race.
I have a full replay, quality isn't that great but definitely watchable
race starts at the one hour and twenty minute mark

Hard charger, Ryan Bernal, 23rd to 5th. Heartbreaker for Kyle and especially Mike!

got lucky a young kid streamed it live on YouTube, I invited them all to come to racing forum, who knows we might get some new subscribers
I have Lucas racing TV. Turned it on just in time for the feature.

According to a lot of talk on Twitter, including by some drivers, Tony Stewart left early on Friday night due to some kind of disagreement about track prep and was not back on Saturday. The track was not good on Friday and was locked down slick during a lot of Saturday's alphabet soup races. Then they took the extra time to rework it before the A-Main, hence the late start, and it was pretty racey. It's hard to fault the track they ended with given the number of guys who came from the back and what would have been an epic race for the win if Larson's engine didn't blow. But the drama with Smoke, as always, is...something.

According to a lot of talk on Twitter, including by some drivers, Tony Stewart left early on Friday night due to some kind of disagreement about track prep and was not back on Saturday. The track was not good on Friday and was locked down slick during a lot of Saturday's alphabet soup races. Then they took the extra time to rework it before the A-Main, hence the late start, and it was pretty racey. It's hard to fault the track they ended with given the number of guys who came from the back and what would have been an epic race for the win if Larson's engine didn't blow. But the drama with Smoke, as always, is...something.
Smoke is an A .....hole

Wait for it. The blown motor was the fault of HMS.

That was some great racing and excellent coverage by MavTV. I just subscribed to MavTV on Wednesday and have been glued to the telly watching many different kinds of racing and motor sports. Congrats to Christopher Bell. He put on a great show and is a deserving champion of the Chili Bowl and Gold Driller Trophy.

Why did that thing blow though? Seriously I wonder if they were trying to push the envelope too far, you don’t usually see blown engines in sprint car racing

My guess is you won't see celebratory donuts on qualifying night, or if anyone does, just a round or two. Save it for Saturday night. $.02

Racer Girl. Her brother made the A feature. Billy Pauch Jr. It has the Larson/Bell spinout @ 5:20

Last edited:
Smoke is an A .....hole

Meeting him in the infield, seeing him interact with everyone there, in his element, and seeing how hard he worked during the week, you couldn't be more wrong. Dude was hands down the hardest working man there from Monday on. Nobody is completely sure what happened, but persistent rumors are that the fallout was due to actions by the youngest of the Hahns. a grandson I believe, that's kind of a hothead and loose cannon.

Racer Girl. Her brother made the A feature. Billy Pauch Jr. It has the Larson/Bell spinout @ 5:20

The Pauch family is super awesome, I was so happy to see Billy make the feature. The fact that he was in the rental, not in the top-notch team car that Bright had, made him making the feature even better.

Thorson was badass on his qualifying night too, having problems in the heat, so he had to start in the back of the D, the back of the C, the back of the B, and work his way to the A, but just couldn't finish high enough that night.

Back
Top Bottom