TV Shows

American Housewife on ABC

I love this show. Katy Mixon is soooo funny. It might be more for women but if you get a chance, men, try it.

Watched the first episode of The OA on Netflix last night. Truly strange, truly mysterious, truly can't wait to see where it goes. Not gonna binge watch though ;-)

Watched the first episode of The OA on Netflix last night. Truly strange, truly mysterious, truly can't wait to see where it goes. Not gonna binge watch though ;-)
I don't think you can binge watch...Isn't everything drip fed these days?

I don't think you can binge watch...Isn't everything drip fed these days?
Netflix always releases the entire season of any given show. Stranger Things came out, and I watched the entire first season (8 episodes) in one sitting.

Just finished watching mini-series "The Honorable Woman" on Netflix. One of the best mini-series I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Netflix always releases the entire season of any given show. Stranger Things came out, and I watched the entire first season (8 episodes) in one sitting.
hmmm.....Not anymore. Well at least not Netflix NZ. I binge watched Stranger Things last year too but this year watching Designated Survivor we only get one show a week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here's an example.
We are watching The Shooter.

7b34fe32ba39ab747f11ae3f8afce9cb.jpg

hmmm.....Not anymore. Well at least not Netflix NZ. I binge watched Stranger Things last year too but this year watching Designated Survivor we only get one show a week.

Huh, interesting. I know that whole season is available of this show, Fuller House, Gilmore Girls (neither of which have I or would I watch)

Any of you seen Westworld yet?

HBO new Game of Thrones right there.

Takes their material from the 1973 movie of the same name and expands it and tweaks it. Sir Anthony Hopkins does an asbsolute awesome job as Robert Ford.

4df13c28531847.55c486d786152.jpg

Watch. It's hillarious.

Whether by design or intended. LOL

Supergirl needs to fly on over to TNT or FX.

Every week, the only female superhero on TV has to be rescued by everyone else in the show. There are so many subplots that completely take away from any given storyline. The Alex/Maggie romance is so forced.

I've been watching Supergirl with my daughter. She loves the show.

It's ok, I think it's kinda corny but I'll watch it.

I don't mind "corny" or cheesy, honestly. It's a bright spot in an era where any action show or movie has to be dark and gritty.

The CW ruined this show with the Guardian subplot and the forced Alex/Maggie romance.

I don't mind "corny" or cheesy, honestly. It's a bright spot in an era where any action show or movie has to be dark and gritty.

The CW ruined this show with the Guardian subplot and the forced Alex/Maggie romance.

They all want to be the batman trilogy which is dumb since there will never be a superhero anything that reaches that level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all want to be the batman trilogy which is dumb since there will never be a superhero anything that reaches that level

Bryan Singer reinvented superhero movies with X-Men back in 2000. The characters are more "real", the costumes are "real" and serve more than one purpose and the movies are somewhat darker and grittier.

That really doesn't work for every superhero though. Hollywood has now tried twice to "reinvent" Superman using Singer's modern formula and failed. Bryan Singer tried to reinvent Superman and failed and Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan tried to reinvent Superman and failed.

Probably why I like Supergirl on CW. They didn't reinvent her character. They didn't make her dark and gritty. They put a cute girl in the somewhat traditional outfit and gave her the cutesy yet badass personality. Not to mention, Melissa Benoist is gorgeous:wub:. And then, somehow, The CW managed to miracle the best on-screen adaption of Superman with Tyler Hoechlin since Christopher Reeve in the 1978 Superman movie.

Plus, I like how they always subtly nod to the original Superman movies and the Smallville and Lois and Clark shows.

I don't know how this show got so bad though. It's as if The CW only bought the show because it was a ratings behemoth at CBS and decided to use the show to experiment.

Stoked for the start of season 4 and bummed at the same time that this will be its last season. One of the most underrated and epic shows on the telly for the last 3 years.

The Hunted is on tonight. I missed the 1st show.

This idea fascinates me. How hard would it be to stay off the grid for 28 days and not be found?

Has anyone checked out Goliath on Amazon? Great show, but only 8 episodes.

Or how about Man in the High Castle. Another great show, two seasons, eight episodes each.

Holy crap, tonight's episode of Supergirl is on point.
I watched the very first episode of that when it originally aired, and I was like "ehh" and got distracted with other shows. I finally sat down and watched episode 2 on a whim this past Saturday, and before I knew it, I was nearly halfway through the first season. Melissa Benoist is so adorable.

@Reck, I just saw that the second season of Humans has finally started. I'll definitely be watching that.

I watched the very first episode of that when it originally aired, and I was like "ehh" and got distracted with other shows. I finally sat down and watched episode 2 on a whim this past Saturday, and before I knew it, I was nearly halfway through the first season. Melissa Benoist is so adorable.

@Reck, I just saw that the second season of Humans has finally started. I'll definitely be watching that.

I was expecting the show to be really bad, so I actually enjoyed the first episode.

Second season got bad for a while there because it was about everyone but Supergirl, but apparently it's because they worked Melissa to exhaustion during the crossover series. Show's been pretty great since the winter premiere.

I was expecting the show to be really bad, so I actually enjoyed the first episode.

Second season got bad for a while there because it was about everyone but Supergirl, but apparently it's because they worked Melissa to exhaustion during the crossover series. Show's been pretty great since the winter premiere.
Nice. I'll catch up eventually. :)

Nice. I'll catch up eventually. :)

I also love how they have Helen Slater (Supergirl in the 1984 movie), Dean Cain (Superman in Lois & Clark), Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman in the old CBS series), Laura Vandervoort (Kara in Smallville) and now Teri Hatcher (Lois in Lois & Clark) all making appearance in the series. Plus the countless references to the original Superman films.

The second season is better than the first. Show should've been on CW from the start, although I doubt anyone would've watched it if it hadn't premiered on CBS.

I watch a ton of tv, I watch all 4 of the CW super hero shows. I have to say CW shows seem to have a similar format. My one issue with Supergirl right now that I have, is there a main villain this season? From my best guess it is the Luther family but I haven't seen this weeks episode yet.

Back
Top Bottom