Uh Oh...Cheater cheater pumpkin eater...L1 for the 4 team

Part I don't like and the "part" I don't like is that Nascar won't show anybody the offending pieces on any of their cars. Fans need to see what they are talking about.
Harvicks 2018 championship will be sort of like Lance Armstrong's Tour de France wins. It is a good good day
Very true. Makes you wonder if both the Kansas and Dover cars had something going on but we didn't get to find out.

The 4 car is in a class of its own, the bully is NOT that damned good

I doubt it. I think that’s why the Championship 4 are always so much faster than the rest of the field at Homestead, because they know they can do pretty much whatever they want as long as it’s not glaringly obvious. It’d be a huge black eye on the sport if NASCAR were ever to rescind a championship based on a penalty after all of the hullabaloo that goes on with the winner immediately after that race.
So far they've assessed the Homestead penalties against them at the Daytona 500.

yeah very dumb but this brings up the question what happens if whoever wins the title at homestead if this happens then. Would they take the championship away from him ?

It doesn’t work that way. All the playoff 8 teams are sending their homestead cars to the R&D center this week. They do a full tech and inspection before they even show up to homestead.

I hope HMS didn't use guinea pigs cause I'm still searching for the other 3 on the finishing order.

"Why?" would be my question. Risk was not nearly worth the reward and they've been the best team the entire year.

Ugh. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on tickets.

My question is, how long have they been doing it and getting away with it ? The obvious speed advantage of the 4 car is no accident.

Dude, SHR as a company has been the fastest cars on the track all season.

Last three races trying to push the literal limits past what's in the rules. They got caught with their pants down, lets see how Harvick and company react.

Harvick has been the best drivers in the field for the past damn near five years, the bully is THAT good with great engineering and a great CC.

I knew they'd (NASCAR) do something to make sure Golden Boy Chase has a shot at the title! :sarcasm:

I don't know whether to bash the 4 team for being so colossally stupid or praise them on the giant onions it took to try something like that.
Stupid unless they had a trick spoiler the whole year that somehow didn't get caught until race #34.
All season. Also noticed the 4 team paint schemes suddenly changed to feature more black in rear of the car :cool:
lol. I pointed this out in the race thread. How did NASCAR see that come through after what happened earlier in the year and say "yeah, nothing sketchy here!"?

Stupid unless they had a trick spoiler the whole year that somehow didn't get caught until race #34.
That's the theory that I'm going with. It's been there all year, just now somehow got caught.

Almirola, Boywer, and Ku. Busch have all passed tech with their respected wins. Its insane if there is a "trick" that was found and has been the key to their insane speed. The front of that 4 car was planted like crazy all weekend.

"Why?" would be my question. Risk was not nearly worth the reward and they've been the best team the entire year.

Ugh. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on tickets.
Brutal man. I still very much like his chances to make it though so maybe you'll still get to go. The killer to me is losing Childers for Homestead, that's a place where you need a guy like him.

That's the theory that I'm going with. It's been there all year, just now somehow got caught.

They have been bragging about how the Jones boy since eliminated has been finishing high. The finally inspected him and bingo. That doesn't have the tinfoil attached to it. Harvick's car gets inspected almost every week.

Brutal man. I still very much like his chances to make it though so maybe you'll still get to go. The killer to me is losing Childers for Homestead, that's a place where you need a guy like him.
How do they police that? Like they can't text/facetime/call him during practices or even during race for input...

Well we're gonna win at Phoenix anyways so :p

Dude, SHR as a company has been the fastest cars on the track all season.

Last three races trying to push the literal limits past what's in the rules. They got caught with their pants down, lets see how Harvick and company react.

Harvick has been the best drivers in the field for the past damn near five years, the bully is THAT good with great engineering and a great CC.

Then why does the bully cheat ? "great engineering" is not cheating, it is something you do within the rules of the sanctioning body.

Well we're gonna win at Phoenix anyways so :p
yeah barring a catastrophe, it ain't going to happen Harvick not going to the final 4. Listening to the Gerbils is going to be the hardest part this weekend.
Then why does the bully cheat ? "great engineering" is not cheating, it is something you do within the rules of the sanctioning body.
why did Gibbs cheat? Why did Penske cheat. How about to get a higher finish, make more money in the manufacturer race. Why were they docked all of the points(money) after they were caught?

I doubt it. I think that’s why the Championship 4 are always so much faster than the rest of the field at Homestead, because they know they can do pretty much whatever they want as long as it’s not glaringly obvious. It’d be a huge black eye on the sport if NASCAR were ever to rescind a championship based on a penalty after all of the hullabaloo that goes on with the winner immediately after that race.
The final 4 are Teched at the RD center before they leave for Homestead and Transported by NASCAR if I remember correctly.

Everyone in the field has caught with their hand in the cookie jar at one point, I'm not mad for Childers and his team for pushing. Not the best timing, but there is a reason why SHR has dominated. Teams push every weekend, but rules are rules and there is punishment when you go over the limit.

If Yap Yap Harvick has to wreck half the field on a restart at Phoenix to advance, we know he will do that. He did it before.

This is a golden opportunity for Kurt and Chase. I hope one or both can capitalize on it. Here are the new points standings...

Logano = Locked in.
Kyle Busch +28
Truex +25
Harvick +3
=================
Kurt Busch -3
Chase Elliott -17
Aric Almirola -35
Clint Bowyer -51

MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP IMPLICATIONS
They are already harping about it. Oh.. this weekend I am not looking forward to hearing it over and over. I wonder if Harvick should be dressed in the shroud of shame, and a full sized picture of Childers with big red letters CHEATER should be displayed prominently in the 4's pits

an infraction that carries major championship implications in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

Everyone in the field has caught with their hand in the cookie jar at one point, I'm not mad for Childers and his team for pushing. Not the best timing, but there is a reason why SHR has dominated. Teams push every weekend, but rules are rules and there is punishment when you go over the limit.

I am mad that an illegal car won Texas, a fact that nobody can dispute.

Kyle Bush apparently won a championship with a legal car.

This season is no different from the '15 season, Toyota off the damn rip was kicking ass with the decreased downforce package that season.

What makes it any different from Ford kicking ass this season?:idunno:

Always a problem when your favorite driver isn't winning every weekend. Love it.

Remember Kevin getting a L1 after failing Tech at Vegas? He won the next race, guess where it was? He will have to slap his spolier this time instead of the back window.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Like the small community of race teams won't find out about it?

Why can’t we just go back to adjustable spoilers so the team can tune a little bit?
I know some of you think this sport is all about the driver but there are many of us that are just intrigued by the lost art of the adjustments to the machine .

Why can’t we just go back to adjustable spoilers so the team can tune a little bit?
I know some of you think this sport is all about the driver but there are many of us that are just intrigued by the lost art of the adjustments to the machine .
I thought the same thing, it was a tuning device, can't see why it can't be

If you gave them a tolerance to adjust the spolier they would break it.

This season is no different from the '15 season, Toyota off the damn rip was kicking ass with the decreased downforce package that season.

What makes it any different from Ford kicking ass this season?:idunno:

Always a problem when your favorite driver isn't winning every weekend. Love it.

Ummmm ....... the 4 car is obviously cheating

Why do they need a tolerance. They took away the ride height rule? no problems there unless they make the front of the car too short and they have had a couple of those penalties, but not many.

I think they have been cheating all year.
Look how much better than everyone else they have been, all season.
Glad they finally got caught.
Now I hope they do not advance.

The 4 car wins because they're good. The whole SHR organization from top to bottom is good. Everyone pushes the limits and gets caught now and then.

I think they have been cheating all year.
Look how much better than everyone else they have been, all season.
Glad they finally got caught.
Now I hope they do not advance.

LMAO.

I'm done here, SHR has been strong all season. Hell, Ford in general has been incredible. Once again, NASCAR fans being hypocritical because the same team has been winning a ton all season as a company.

I'm done here with this convo.

Back
Top Bottom