Uh Oh...Cheater cheater pumpkin eater...L1 for the 4 team

I knew they'd (NASCAR) do something to make sure Golden Boy Chase has a shot at the title! :sarcasm:

I don't know whether to bash the 4 team for being so colossally stupid or praise them on the giant onions it took to try something like that.
Stupid. If you want to demonstrate the size of your veggies, do it back in March when you have time to make it up.

okay I'll ask you fine people here.... do I have a right to be pissed that they lost points and may not make the Championship 4 now? I mean they hose the 48 bunch and hose them royally but then they pop the 4. Am I wrong for thinking NASCAR has a huge credibility problem? Someone smarter educate me!

okay I'll ask you fine people here.... do I have a right to be pissed that they lost points and may not make the Championship 4 now? I mean they hose the 48 bunch and hose them royally but then they pop the 4. Am I wrong for thinking NASCAR has a huge credibility problem? Someone smarter educate me!
I cant understand the question, are you mad at NASCAR? If so your anger is misplaced.

This is BIG news. I dont think the 4 was cheating all year but they kind of evened out with everybody else and maybe felt the need to find something again. Just unreal.

I cant understand the question, are you mad at NASCAR? If so your anger is misplaced.
sort of yes I am mad at NASCAR. How come they couldnt find this sooner? What was actually found to be illegal? How come they couldnt find out as soon as the race ended, a few hours later? How can they find what they found on the 4 car so easily but then its a clown show with what happened to the 48?

There's no connection between the two incidents. For starters, you're overlooking the two other cars that were hit with L1s.

sort of yes I am mad at NASCAR. How come they couldnt find this sooner? What was actually found to be illegal? How come they couldnt find out as soon as the race ended, a few hours later? How can they find what they found on the 4 car so easily but then its a clown show with what happened to the 48?

how in the heck do you know there was a problem sooner, by guess or by golly? Some things on the car will pass pre-race inspection, but cars have to be taken apart to find problems, that is why they are sent back and are taken apart in a lab with sophisticated measuring equipment. How do you think they found in addition to Harvick, Blaney's door pieces designed to deflect at speed, or Jone's loose rear panel designed to let air out of the car (probably to build downforce at speed). This sport is highly technical always has been, it isn't a simple sport. Pieces can look perfectly fine, but they aren't, they have to be examined closely. Some can get away with it for quite awhile. It is racing and the cat and mouse game is alive and well.

You cannnot tech every part of the car before and directly after the race, cars would never get on the track, everyone knows the drill, just because its not looked at before the race doesnt mean it wont be after, you can solve this problem easily though, bring your car to the track LEGAL. I cant tell you exactly what they did but they modified one of the most important aerodynamic pieces on that race car that was NOT allowed to be touched.

How do you think they found in addition to Harvick, Blaney's door pieces designed to deflect at speed, or Jone's loose rear panel designed to let air out of the car (probably to build downforce at speed).
Is that what they were caught at? I don't doubt you but I haven't seen anything official posted yet.

Risk vs Reward.

Whatever they did to alter the spoiler was minimal enough to go undetected at the track and possibly even during previous trips to the R and D center but they took the risk for a reason. I am just curious as to the performance gain that made them feel that this risk was worth taking.

HOLY GOLLY WALLY!! NASCAR does an inspection at the R&D facility and the race winner happens to found to be illegal. So now, NASCAR is the guilty party or considered to be playing favorites? To some folks there is a conspiracy theory in everything. Until or unless it is to the other team. :rolleyes:
I've been around this sport longer than most of you have been alive and never professed to be an expert on the mechanical aspect but I can say with absolutely certainty, NASCAR did play favorites until recently. However, I firmly believe they are doing their absolute best to keep a level playing field for everyone, including back markers and front runners. I say kudos to NASCAR for finding the non-conforming cars and hope they keep looking for the cheaters. This is big league and no longer the playground of "Big Bill" France and NASCAR has too much to lose by playing favorites.

Nascar could fix this with drones connected to GPS-up'd satiliites. The drone would simply read the spoilers see-yaw at the apex and the straights, then electronically readjust spoiler heights as needed.
They could even pervert the yaw as a penalty.

I didn't know the spoiler was a manufactured part from an outside supplier. I knew the splitter was

upload_2018-11-7_12-21-21.png

Nascar could fix this with drones connected to GPS-up'd satiliites. The drone would simply read the spoilersee-yaw at the apex and the straights, then electronically readjust spoiler heights as needed.
They could even pervert the yaw as a penalty.

Sorry we accidentally pointed your spoiler in the opposite direction and it pulled the front wheels off the ground, Jimmie. Could have sworn you leveled it out like a pro-stock car pre-race...

If everyone is called wrong on something, then there's more to it than blatant cheating. And the purpose of R&D is to figure out how to even the competition out some.

I don't understand the question or the connection between the two circumstances. The #48, already eliminated from the 'playoffs', should have started last week's race in 23rd, and instead was wrongly sent to the back and started about 10 spots lower. An unacceptable error, which they've been pretty open about.

NASCAR's willingness to penalize the #4 team for a major infraction such as this in the midst of their championship battle bolsters NASCAR's credibility for me. How could it not? Can there be any question that the immediate lack of appeal is a tacit admission of guilt and that the infraction is legitimate and real?

Some apparently want NASCAR to look the other way, which is absurd and would be cause to question their credibility.

Decisions that affect the Championship outcome shouldn't come down days after the race.

Imagine if this happens at Homestead.

what the heck? That doesn't make a bit of sense. Nailing three of them to the wall almost assures the fact that the teams will be changing their minds about trying anything freaky for Phoenix. They caught SHR, Penske, and Gibbs cheating. I would say Nascar sent a message. In case anybody forgot, they call Nascar the sanctioning body. (those L1's are sanctions)

Decisions that affect the Championship outcome shouldn't come down days after the race.

Doesnt matter if they found it on Monday or Wednesday, its still wrong and people need to know for transparency.

Have you noticed the final 4 every year is the class of the field(minus the 42) at Homestead?

Every car is gonna be dirty, NASCAR can't afford to penalize any of them I don't think.

Have you noticed the final 4 every year is the class of the field(minus the 42) at Homestead?

Every car is gonna be dirty, NASCAR can't afford to penalize any of them I don't think.
Wouldnt have anything to with them being the fastest all year right? nah.

Wouldnt have anything to with them being the fastest all year right? nah.

Obviously they're fast anyways. :rolleyes:

Almost every season finale, the top four in the championship are the top 4 in the race by large margins. Some years it's more pronounced than others but there have been a few where it looks like the championship contenders are racing in a different class all together.

The "big 3" have already had their Homestead cars ready to go for weeks and weeks. You know those ones are particularly tweaked.

Almost every season finale, the top four in the championship are the top 4 in the race by large margins. Some years it's more pronounced than others but there have been a few where it looks like the championship contenders are racing in a different class all together.

The "big 3" have already had their Homestead cars ready to go for weeks and weeks. You know those ones are particularly tweaked.
One of the big 3 won't be in the title race. Now it'll probably be Logano, Truex, Busch and Elliott.

I'll probably watch ice hockey or some **** that day.

You do know they are teched before they leave for Homestead by NASCAR right?

You do know they are teched before they leave for Homestead by NASCAR right?

Yeah I'm aware. What I'm saying is I feel like NASCAR is a bit more lenient on the finalists in the final weekend. Obviously this is just a theory.

One of the big 3 won't be in the title race. Now it'll probably be Logano, Truex, Busch and Elliott.

I'll probably watch ice hockey or some sh!t that day.

I think it's going to be a damned good race man.

depending on which final four teams pays the most at homestead, they get the largest ignore. 2 thou for trick splitter, 5 thou for trick truck arms etc. :confused::cool:

Yeah I'm aware. What I'm saying is I feel like NASCAR is a bit more lenient on the finalists in the final weekend. Obviously this is just a theory.

I think it's going to be a damned good race man.
Maybe for a minor infraction but anything significant not so much, thats why they go to the proctologist before they leave Charlotte.

Back
Top Bottom