• Start date
ArkinsawDurtFan said:
I'm thinking Monett went like this:

Terry Phillips
Jack Sullivan
Bill Frye
Joey Mack
Justin Wells

It got crazy near the end but I think that's how they finished. I hated to see the Floyd/Essary crash as I had them both in my picks.
It was get race to see TP strat 17th and win. :cheers: I ask Wendale what tpye of chassis that was it was a Masterbilt.

ok i made it, so we going to say on this fourm now??
vega where was vaughn at this weekend? i thought he was taking his car & motorcycle & going racing first then stugas second. he got behind to many points now i dont think he is into it at all. :cool:

Whew!

I finally made it!!!! :partytime

UPDATE!!!!! 8/8/05

I only have 3 rooms left for this trip. If you are wanting to go with us, now is the time to get in touch with me. I have to confirm the number of rooms that we will be using by 5pm TODAY!

$85 for adults
$25 for kids 11 and under

includes your transportation, 1 night hotel and general admission tickets to the qualifying heats on august 19th and general admission tickets to the feature on august 20th.

Knoxville Late Model Nationals Package Information

ok, i have some updates regarding the Late Model Nationals at the Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, IA...

Friday, September 30, 2005
7:00am Depart Springfield
4:00pm Check in Hotel (Comfort Inn - Oskaloosa, IA - 30 miles from track
6:00pm Approximate arrival to Knoxville Raceway for Qualifying Heats
11:00pm Approximate arrival back to Hotel

Saturday, October 1, 2005
8:00am Free Breakfast at Hotel (fruit, donuts, waffles, biscuits and gravy)
10:00am Going to Des Moines area (shopping, lunch, etc...)
6:00pm Approximate arrival to Knoxville Raceway for Feature Race
11:00pm Approximate arrival back to Hotel

Sunday, October 2, 2005
7:00am Free Breakfast at Hotel (fruit, donuts, waffles, biscuits and gravy)
4:00pm Approximate arrival back to Springfield, MO

Package includes:
Motorcoach Transportation, 2 nights at the Comfort Inn and general admission for the qualifying heats on Friday, September 30th and general admission for the Feature race on Saturday, October 1st.

Prices:
$277.00 Single, based on 1 person in room.
$199.00 per person, based on 2 people sharing a room.
$174.00 per person, based on 3 people sharing a room.
$161.00 per person, based on 4 people sharing a room.

Conditions:
$50 per person deposit due by September 5, 2005. Final payment is due by September 23, 2005. If I do not have at least 30 people signed up to go on this trip by September 5, 2005 I will have to cancel. So, please do not wait.

I will have a flyer for this race finished by the end of this week. If you want me to mail you one, private message me with your address and I will send one to you.

Thanks, Brian

Oh, here it is!

It was great meeting all the fellow (possibly former) 4mers last night!

Monett served up another great show. I thought Frye was going to pull it off.

Terry's on a roll!

118 Fan said:
Oh, here it is!

It was great meeting all the fellow (possibly former) 4mers last night!

Monett served up another great show. I thought Frye was going to pull it off.

Terry's on a roll!
Yeah it was great meeting you, yep races at Monett were real good last night you are right Terry's on a roll he put on a good show starting deep in the field... I think Frye was making a statement last night in that race good to see him come back from that flat.....

Well, if he was making a statement, I heard it loud and clear!

That was a heck of a run.

Hated to see The Flyin' Farmer taken out of the mix.

118 Fan said:
Well, if he was making a statement, I heard it loud and clear!

That was a heck of a run.

Hated to see The Flyin' Farmer taken out of the mix.
I agree Kenny had something for them...

good job Sozo and Arkieman I knew you could keep that cloud away :) Hope everyone enjoyed Monett. Our guy broke a fan blade and wiped out alot of stuff. first time he ever broke one. Really thought Ken was going to make it a MARS win. or at least 2nd.

i sat next to Linda B. on the backstretch. She told me about that freakish fan blade thing. never heard of that happening before.

Really enjoyed Monett last night. Lots of cautions, but it was helping Terry and Bill head for the front. I'm just about sick of seeing Wendell being plagued with this bad luck stuff :bleh: ; but Jane and I were jumping up and down when Terry pulled it off at the end :whoopee: .

I'll give a quick summary of the action for those who didn't make it last night..........ya'll feel free to add anything I may have missed.

Wallace started on the pole and was pretty strong leading early with Floyd, Ken Essary, Jack Sullivan, Bill Frye racing in the top five area. Phillips had to race his way into the event via the B-main, and started towards the rear of the field.
Frye suffered a flat tire in the early going sending him to the rear. On a restart somewhere around lap 15-20 Sullivan was able to get on the outside of Wallace and make the pass for the lead. Wallace would then drop a few more places and eventually come to a stop in turn 4 with damage to the right rear of the car and a flat tire.............not really sure where the damage came from? but that was pretty much it for Wendell last night.

Sullivan lead through a multitude of cautions while Floyd and K. Essary raced hard for second on every restart. Phillips, Frye and Wells (started towards the rear also) were all making good progress through the field between caution flags. Phillips was very fast, but was continually saddled by being on the inside of EVERY restart..........the outside line seemed to be the preferred groove on restarts.
The field finally knocked off a few laps heading for lap 25 as Frye and Phillips moved into the top five ahead of strong running Mack and Rushin. The caution flew once again..... and after some confusion Frye and Phillips were once again lined up behind Mack and Rushin. Terry and Bill both had lengthy discussions with officials during the caution..........I would guess concerning the running order? Jane and I both believed a green flag lap had been completed after the 75 and 66 moved past the fellas currently lined up in front of them (Jane was not happy). And once again Phillips got the inside restart.
4 more laps of green flag racing saw Sullivan continuing to lead with Essary and Floyd making some contact racing for 2nd. Frye raced into 4th and Phillips 5th when the caution flew again for I believe Rushin stopped in turn 4. Essary and Floyd would both go pitside for tire changes and repairs.

On the restart it was Sullivan, Frye, Phillips, Mack......not sure who was 5-8 then but Wells was around there somewhere. Phillips finally got the preferred outside starting position and it couldn't have happened at a better time for him, as he was second row outside looking at the leader. I think just about everyone in the grandstand knew what was going to happen next.

The green flag flew and the 75 rocketed up alongside of Sullivan in turn 4 fighting for the lead, and eventually getting it after a good side-by-side battle with Jack. It was over after that. Frye tried to put some moves on for 2nd but couldn't get it, and Wells moved into the top 5 in the last 8 lap run. Very entertaining watching Bill and Terry work the traffic.

At one time early in the race Phillips was nearly taken out as Jordan Jones made a kamikaze dive-bomb move past several cars going into turn 3 and then spun in front of all of those cars (directly in front of the 75), but Phillips expertly dodged the spinner and proceeded to the front.

Great race by Terry. Congratulations once again! :punkrocke

hey these smilie things are fun!

Got to meet Rob, Frank, cbork, and sozojr. Cliff was with them and was glad to see him again. You all are a bunch of really nice fellas and it was great finally getting to meet you all together.

Wow what a score by Cross21 for the Little Rock Mars event! it looks like he's on quite a roll!

I see my chances at a Mars Cup slowly starting to fade as I scored a pitiful 115 at Monett last night..........just can't get a break on the Mars stuff at all :confused: . But, VT aside, I just really love watching those guys mix it up on the track..............last night was why we pay the money to watch these guys race.

Way to go last night with your picks Cliff! :beerbang:

Was thinking of heading up to Lake Ozark next weekend but I may have to work. Jane and I WILL be at the topless race on the 20th.......maybe we'll see some of you there. I noticed that our room in Mt. View is at the same hotel where the folks on the bus are staying so maybe we'll get to meet some of those racefans.

see ya'll around

Dan

I forgot to mention McCormick and Vaught! they both ran well last night and were fighting around the top 5 all night with Mack and Rushin.

opp88 said:
Any body know what car Looney drove last night thanks

im not really sure, i almost went over and asked his mom, but didnt think she looked liked she was in a good mood. but i do know that it said something about Frye Racing or Frye Motorsports or something like that.

#75Phillipsfan said:
im not really sure, i almost went over and asked his mom, but didnt think she looked liked she was in a good mood. but i do know that it said something about Frye Racing or Frye Motorsports or something like that.

Ok its Tony Jackson old car.He sold it to Jordan Holloway I say the let Looney drive it last night he drove early this year and did pretty good in it thanks

lm60fan said:
good job Sozo and Arkieman I knew you could keep that cloud away :) .

Thanks for the idea, we finally found "something" all that hot air was good for! Hope you got all thoise programs sold.

Good to meet up with you 118 fan, I've got a good Terry Sr. story for you later on. When you told me about him wanting Jr. to "not let it all hang out" it came to mind. Let's just say your dad was right in what he said. LOL

Good to meet Jane's.....uh....other half!LOL Wish you guys would have got there earlier so it wouldn't have been so loud. Working around the machinery at the shop, my hearing isn't up to par. And to see the trophy you "two" are playing for (I'm sure she picks the "good" nights ;) ) Oh, Dan, you put 10 points on me last night at Monett, My picking has been worse than yours the last few races on average. Yep Cross21 put it to us for the Little Rock race, he's wanting that Cup worse than we are I guess? I went ahead and sent your thanks to my wife! For her if it calls for "cheese", it calls for Velveta!

Boy am I glad that Cbork has a sense of humor! That kid is big enough to hurt somebody! Better watch who I pick on from now on, they might not take it the way he does! If Roy D. Mercer ever calls ya Bork and ask "Just how bigga boy are you?" Just tell him "I don't think you really want to know!"

Then I FINALLY got to meet the world famous Mean Gene Morton (ShowMeDirt)! I missed your bomber heat race a few weeks ago as I was talking with Ron. You'll have to do that again sometime so I can catch it. ;)

Cliff, I had to see if you got out of Monett alive last night with that Floyd shirt on before I could give you that score! I "know" you can go make a 100 point swing in a race like you did last night, I did it in the opposite direction! :beerbang: As for the Floyd/Essary chrash, that was just a racing deal.......BUT it happened at Monett so you know who the fans thought was at fault. Ken had an old fashion run going last night! Wish he could have been there at the end.

I got to make part of the "Sozo World Tour" with Sozo up to Monett last night! It seems this guy is THE social event of I-30 Speedway! They were bringing them out of the wood work to meet this guy down there, and those that didn't get to meet him are begging for him to make an encore apperance! They already got him booked for Columbus, MS later on this year! We're lucky to have such a "celeberty" among us on here! :headbang:

Didn't get to thank Ron for the use of his pic table last night. Ron, if you EVER find your way over here........THANKS!!!!!!

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Thanks for the idea, we finally found "something" all that hot air was good for! Hope you got all thoise programs sold.

Good to meet up with you 118 fan, I've got a good Terry Sr. story for you later on. When you told me about him wanting Jr. to "not let it all hang out" it came to mind. Let's just say your dad was right in what he said. LOL

Good to meet Jane's.....uh....other half!LOL Wish you guys would have got there earlier so it wouldn't have been so loud. Working around the machinery at the shop, my hearing isn't up to par. And to see the trophy you "two" are playing for (I'm sure she picks the "good" nights ;) ) Oh, Dan, you put 10 points on me last night at Monett, My picking has been worse than yours the last few races on average. Yep Cross21 put it to us for the Little Rock race, he's wanting that Cup worse than we are I guess? I went ahead and sent your thanks to my wife! For her if it calls for "cheese", it calls for Velveta!

Boy am I glad that Cbork has a sense of humor! That kid is big enough to hurt somebody! Better watch who I pick on from now on, they might not take it the way he does! If Roy D. Mercer ever calls ya Bork and ask "Just how bigga boy are you?" Just tell him "I don't think you really want to know!"

Then I FINALLY got to meet the world famous Mean Gene Morton (ShowMeDirt)! I missed your bomber heat race a few weeks ago as I was talking with Ron. You'll have to do that again sometime so I can catch it. ;)

Cliff, I had to see if you got out of Monett alive last night with that Floyd shirt on before I could give you that score! I "know" you can go make a 100 point swing in a race like you did last night, I did it in the opposite direction! :beerbang: As for the Floyd/Essary chrash, that was just a racing deal.......BUT it happened at Monett so you know who the fans thought was at fault. Ken had an old fashion run going last night! Wish he could have been there at the end.

I got to make part of the "Sozo World Tour" with Sozo up to Monett last night! It seems this guy is THE social event of I-30 Speedway! They were bringing them out of the wood work to meet this guy down there, and those that didn't get to meet him are begging for him to make an encore apperance! They already got him booked for Columbus, MS later on this year! We're lucky to have such a "celeberty" among us on here! :headbang:

Didn't get to thank Ron for the use of his pic table last night. Ron, if you EVER find your way over here........THANKS!!!!!!

i cant believe all you guys were over there. i was in the pits the entire night. :(

#75Phillipsfan said:
i cant believe all you guys were over there. i was in the pits the entire night. :(
Yeah, Sozo asked if youi were gonna be there and I told him I thought you were going to the pits. Maybe we can get togetehr at the Topless. Dan and Sozo are headed over and I hope I am. And I think Bork said he was on the bus I'm not for sure? I know 118 fan is for sure. GRT44c will sit htis one out but WILL be at the 4 States race I'm pretty sure. If all else fails, we can get together at the Willard race.

We'll be on a mission this year! Weaver WILL be found!!!!!!!!! If there'e a Weaver in town, we'll hunt "IT" down!!!!!! Bork, the more I got to thinking about it, the more I think you're right. She's some little lady who weaves all the time! We'll stake out every crochet shop from Marshville to St. Robrets in search of some little old lady with 2 nephews, all wearing woven racing shirts! When someone finds her she WILL be drug to the meeting of the mimes for public viewing! Area chrocheters, BEWARE!!!!!! :AHHHH:

Cliff, I'm pretty sure after last night you tied me in the MARS standings. Those ahead of us better look out. I know you've got your eye on giving the Cup a new home in Marshville!

Had a good time meeting all you guys last night. Dan you were right Terry had it hooked up. I've seen him do that move at least five times this year and last for the win. Good luck fighting for second this week as I'm gonna kick some major booty on the WDRL tour this week. Jimmy Mars for the win tonight thank you very much!!!! :partytime thats what I'm gonna be doing later after my 220 score tonight.... You know this always bites me in the a$$ probably only get a 50 tonight :rolleyes:

I heard Looney bought that car for himself.No facts just what I heard.

ArkinsawDurtFan said:

Yeah I kind of wish I hadn't wore that Floyd shirt, thought once of turning it inside out LOL..But you are right it was just a racing deal and the flyin farmer was showing them that he still has it...Man I wish he would have won that race thought...That place would have went nuts.....I don't think Ron will make it over with 4m back up, he pretty dedicated there..I'll still do both if we stay here also...

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Cliff, I'm pretty sure after last night you tied me in the MARS standings. Those ahead of us better look out. I know you've got your eye on giving the Cup a new home in Marshville!
That sure would be great..Looks to be quite a battle ahead though...

Show Me Dirt,
Can you e-mail me the picture you have in your avatar or post it in the Yahoo group photos?
It's a good memory that I don't have a copy of.
Thanks,
[email protected]

NVSSEI said:
Show Me Dirt,
Can you e-mail me the picture you have in your avatar or post it in the Yahoo group photos?
It's a good memory that I don't have a copy of.
Thanks,
[email protected]

I was gonna ask the same thing. That is one cool picture!

I will send it to you in the morning its on my comp at work. :dirtbike:

ArkinsawDurtFan said:

Is that Marshville or Marshfield? I think it's Marshfield, I don't know what I was thinking? You better hope you DON'T win it, I may not know where to send it to! :wacko:

ShowMeDirt said:
I will send it to you in the morning its on my comp at work. :dirtbike:

Bruce, please put that one on the group site for me too if you will. That will probably take Ken's place as my background picture. Thanks again.

GRT44c said:
I don't think Ron will make it over with 4m back up, he pretty dedicated there.....

Oh, I think I know how we can get him over here! Everybody join me and then we can post a link on 4M for him to come check us out. Once he see's these cool smilies he'll check in from time to time.

This is for you Ron! :moon: You have just been cyber mooned!!!! LOL

Who's next?

Racefest and MARS Cup points

After 4 races of Racefest the points are tightening up a bit.

1. Sozo-535
2. Jet66-525
3. Nvssei-520
4. Cbork23-480
5. Dennis1964-475
5. Budweiser-475
7. Opp88-460
7. Sozo, Jr.-460
9. RikusAngel-430
10. Riku-415
11. GRT44c-415
12. Fetllmn-405
13. 75Phillipsfan-385
14. Pictureman-360
14. Bgarrison-360
16. Chrisdirtracer65802-335
17. SuperD-155
18. Longmiestr-0

After this weekend the Chase for the MARS Cup look like this.

1. Cross21-2275
2. Lunkerman-2145
3. Jet66-2100
4. Fetllmn-2095
4. GRT44c-2095
6. Cbork23-2085
7. Riku-2055
8. Opp88-2010
9. Oddrah242000-2005
10. Budweiser-1945
11. Sozo-1930
12. RikusAngel-1920
13. Dennis1964-1855
14. Pictureman-1800
15. Chrisdirtracer65802-1755
16. Sozo, Jr.-1750
17. Nvssei-1740
18. LM60Fan-1705
19. 75Phillipsfan-1625
20. Michelle74465-1575

WDRL @ Superior

Top 5 for the WDRL race tonight

Birky
Follmer
Fegers
Denny Eckrich
Doar

Well Mars broke after 39 laps but Birky did win and he was #1 on my other set here's the top five sooo.... :partytime
could have been huge had Fegers and Eckrich flip flopped
Birky
Follmer (not in pick set)
Fegers
Denny Eckrich
Doar

got 145

Got 135 so I'm still losing ground so.....:bazooka: :partytime

Dang it, just can't reach him. LOL

You guys are hilarious.

Good golly...........did everyone see Cross21's score at Monett!?

This thing is over. What the heck? I've been picking alot of races this year and I've yet to see someone get so HOT! as that. I'd just like to salvage 2nd in this one. Son of a gun. :idunno:

Wish I could get Cross over to the UMP LM or Lucas Oil NARA Series! :swords: Where is Cross anyhow.................I need a taste of his "magic wand" to wave in front of my computer so maybe I can win the WoO from opp and Jet.

And Cliff and I thought his 160 sunday night was awesome. wow

Dan

Back
Top Bottom