Walking Dead

OK, What did you think of last nights episode?

I saw somewhere a few details about the upcoming WD spin off which will be on in the 2015 season. Supposedly to take place in a different locale, not down South, with a completely different type of characters. As a pre queal it will go into detail as to how this happened.

Pretty uneventful episode. It appears they are trying to show a sensitive side of the governor. I still do not trust him at all.

Finally watched Sunday's show. Interesting side-plot with the Gov, not sure how to react though. Does he have a heart? Does he? Can he be trusted at all by these new people he has latched onto?

Finally watched Sunday's show. Interesting side-plot with the Gov, not sure how to react though. Does he have a heart? Does he? Can he be trusted at all by these new people he has latched onto?
I wouldn't trust him at all. IMO, he's vengeful and power hungry.

Damn. Anyone still wondering if the Governor is a more gentle, changed man? Things between Rick and the Governor are going to come to a head in the mid-season finale. The Governor needs to die.

Damn. Anyone still wondering if the Governor is a more gentle, changed man? Things between Rick and the Governor are going to come to a head in the mid-season finale. The Governor needs to die.
You ain't kidding. But ya know, I'm thinking, if I'm Rick, "here ya go, you can have this place." The jail is no longer a safe place for anyone.

Two episodes wasted IMHO to set the governor up as a 'good' guy. He wandered for how long before he found his new family? In that time what's been going on at the prison? Did Glen and others get "cured".
This next episode is the mid season finale. I'm expecting a cliffhanger. I think the gov attacks the prison and remember he's now got a tank.

I don't think they were wasted, nor do I think they were trying to set him up as a good guy. I think they were just more character develpmoent, and gave us at least some insight to how his mind worked.

Tanks, generally do not get good fuel mileage. Is there a local surplus of diesel that we don't know about?
I know how the Governor's mind works. He's a scandalous, power-hungry, vengeful SOB. I also don't think the episodes were wasted. The season finale will be awesome. I can't wait. This show has a way of feeding me the unexpected and keeping me interested.

Surplus of diesel? Good question. Which brings up where have they been getting gas?? Also how far away do you think Herchell's farm, the prison and Woodbury are from each other?

**** THE GOVERNOR.

Literally have never hated a television character more. And why with all the mob mentality? No one asked why, and everyone on the outside on the fence had no reason to open fire. Period.

Damm. Didn't see that coming.
Feb 9th can't get here soon enough.
"Hershel" and "Maggie" were on the Talking Dead, Maggie was getting choked up over Hershel's demise.

**** THE GOVERNOR.

Literally have never hated a television character more. And why with all the mob mentality? No one asked why, and everyone on the outside on the fence had no reason to open fire. Period.

fear. the governor was real good at putting fear into his subjects. Not just fear in him, but fear in surviving. He convinced them that the people in the prison were real bad and they were the good guys. They wanted the prison to survive. They were all pawns in his chess match.

**** THE GOVERNOR.

fear. the governor was real good at putting fear into his subjects. Not just fear in him, but fear in surviving. He convinced them that the people in the prison were real bad and they were the good guys. They wanted the prison to survive. They were all pawns in his chess match.

Yup, pretty much that.

Man, what a roller coaster at the end. Herschell, the most gentle and among the most lover characters, along with the Gov, the most hated. Both killed.

So much to mull over until it returns next Feb.
Where's Judith, Daryl, Tyrese,and Bob?
The bad ass little girls?
Glen and Maggie are seperated
Lilly and who else is left from the rest from the RV camp?

Michone should have taken out the gov's other eye and left him for the walkers...just sayin'
Rick and Carl walked away and left how many vehicles, and weapons, behind?

Love this show all I can say and Feb is way too long to wait.

For a long time now I've heard from friends that I should watch this show. Much like a show about vampires, I've never had a desire to watch a show about zombies. Then came Netflix. I recently subscribed to that service and when browsing the titles I came across The Walking Dead. I figured since everyone was talking about it I'd give it a shot never thinking that I'd get hooked on the show. Boy was I wrong. I couldn't quit watching it. Not only was I hooked on the series I also found out that I have a limit on my internet access. 200GB. I never hit that threshold before but The Walking Dead got me there. Even though I watched all of the episodes that Netflix had available I couldn’t come into this thread because I wasn’t up-to-date. Fortunately I had set my Dish Hopper to record anything and everything Walking Dead. Last night I finally caught up to the rest of the world watching the mid-season finale. I cannot wait for the next episode.

For a long time now I've heard from friends that I should watch this show. Much like a show about vampires, I've never had a desire to watch a show about zombies. Then came Netflix. I recently subscribed to that service and when browsing the titles I came across The Walking Dead. I figured since everyone was talking about it I'd give it a shot never thinking that I'd get hooked on the show. Boy was I wrong. I couldn't quit watching it. Not only was I hooked on the series I also found out that I have a limit on my internet access. 200GB. I never hit that threshold before but The Walking Dead got me there. Even though I watched all of the episodes that Netflix had available I couldn’t come into this thread because I wasn’t up-to-date. Fortunately I had set my Dish Hopper to record anything and everything Walking Dead. Last night I finally caught up to the rest of the world watching the mid-season finale. I cannot wait for the next episode.

I was like you , even though I like Vampire stuff , I was never into the zombie stuff. Then came this show and I was hooked after the first episode. Some of the shows are so intense it is unreal, you can picture yourself in the same situation and trying to figure out what to do, at least I do anyway. Great acting and thes tory line is awesome, never ceases to surprise me either.

I have been saying through this whole thread that if you like the show then you should give the comics a shot.

http://m.target.com/p/the-walking-dead-compendium-1-paperback/-/A-11752609

Just FYI:
On New Year's Eve day, Dec. 31, at 9AM/8c, AMC will air a two-day marathon of The Walking Dead. Beginning with the pilot, episodes will air back-to-back in chronological order until 5AM/4c on Jan. 2, 2014.

This isn't the first time they've run a marathon but it's a great way to spend a day/night !

Just FYI:
On New Year's Eve day, Dec. 31, at 9AM/8c, AMC will air a two-day marathon of The Walking Dead. Beginning with the pilot, episodes will air back-to-back in chronological order until 5AM/4c on Jan. 2, 2014.

This isn't the first time they've run a marathon but it's a great way to spend a day/night !
Is that the entire run of the series? I'll have to DVR that. Thanks for the heads up. Getting up to go to my DVR now.

Yes from season 1, episode 1 to the last show.
My son has DVR'd every show and somehow cut out the commercials when transferring to DVR/CD whatever.

Yes from season 1, episode 1 to the last show.
My son has DVR'd every show and somehow cut out the commercials when transferring to DVR/CD whatever.
Niiice!

Per your information I've got the DVR set up and ready to roll. Thanks again.

Just FYI:

Bump for those that may be interested in recording these. My DVR's set. :cool:

Some Walking Dead news about the upcoming season.

Link

171cafaf-c802-49c6-9cb3-b22dfa1e33e6_The-Walking-Dead-S4B-Key-Art.jpeg

So..... I recorded the marathon of WD shows over the holiday. I asked my wife, son & daughter to sit down and watch the first episode with me. Needless to say, there are now two more fans of the show. My wife on the other hand, not so much.

Do you know your walkers?
Go to the AMC Walking Dead web site and take the quiz.
btw It has been said that unless you see a character die on screen they may or may not be dead.
Did we see the Gub'nor actually die?

Gov toast? More than likely . But one of my son's friend knows someone who has something to do with the show and that comment came from him. Yes one of those your barbers second cousins wifes brother grade school teachers father....
He does nor reveal what will happen but has explained what did happen, and why, in past episodes.

So my TV blew up today, had to get a new one. 50" inches of glorious HD Zombie action tonight baby. :partytime
Nice! :beerbang:
I am still in the process of turning one of my spare rooms into a den. Today I ordered a queen sleeper sofa (for out of town guests) and I bought a 51" Samsung plasma (not a fan of LED.)

I though the Michonne piece, and he partial breakdown, was pretty great too, along with her relief when she found Rick and Carl. And I liked Carl's little failed attempt at growing up. He was being a little ass, looked like he was pretty much gonna let Rick die. "I can do it on my own, I don't need you." Uh, Carl, no you can't, and yes you do.

Great show, especially the Michonne piece. Did not know her original "pets" were friends from before.
Carl thought he was BMOC and quickly found out he wasn't. Those 3 will make a good group.

The Talking Dead show that follows, the animated movie prop head of Hershel was freaky!! Want more pudding? :smile:

Back
Top Bottom