What Do you Think of the New Package?

Kansas numbers

EHW0ph1WoAE12mn.png:large

Package is hurting the short tracks
not really IMO with all short tracks. It seems to with Martinsville for some. The Bristol short track ranks 2nd and 6th on our RF pole here and #1 on Gluck's larger sampling. Part of it is they don't want the expense of sciencing out another car with a smaller spoiler. Who knows, maybe next year, I will be surprised if they don't change anything for 2020

not really IMO with all short tracks. It seems to with Martinsville for some. The Bristol short track ranks 2nd and 6th on our RF pole here and #1 on Gluck's larger sampling. Part of it is they don't want the expense of sciencing out another car with a smaller spoiler. Who knows, maybe next year, I will be surprised if they don't change anything for 2020

I suspect you're right, maybe next year. Bristol was good as usual, I wouldn't credit the package for that. For all the spending that happens, I figure ironing out some these issues would be a main priority before rolling it out onto the track. I'll be surprised if nothing gets done about it next year too.

I suspect you're right, maybe next year. Bristol was good as usual, I wouldn't credit the package for that. For all the spending that happens, I figure ironing out some these issues would be a main priority before rolling it out onto the track. I'll be surprised if nothing gets done about it next year too.

If I had to guess, the hood ducts they used in the All Star race that helps add downforce when they are right behind each other will be added. The way it is set up, teams have the right to veto changes that are less then one year lead time when Nascar makes a change. That is the reason for the taller spoiler on short tracks, teams didn't want to have to spend the extra money to science out that extra package not some overlooked blunder. BTW that has been posted before and ol Matt is full of **** or wasn't watching Truex and Elliott battle for half of the race for the lead at Watkins Glenn or he missed Kryle and Bubba and all of the rest of the action that made that road race entertaining and I guess the Roval doesn't count in his world either. IMO the stages at road courses are much more of a problem taking most of the strategy out of the race.

Last edited:
I started cracking up when they broke out the side by side telemetry they've been trying to hide all year. "Yeeeeeeeeeeee" wide open droning the premisis.

Sorry to drop in with a negative comment but I got really frustrated by the crap Burton was talking about when Denny Hamlin ruined his day by driving through the infield. All Burton could say was that Texas Motor Speedway and all other speedways need to put millions of dollars into their facilities to install astroturf so Denny Hamlin wouldn't destroy his car.

I have much better and cheaper idea, Nascar can change the rules of the car ride height. Take the shovel off the front of the car and raise the nose of the car off the ground so it won't dig in when the car runs through the grass. Poof no astroturf needed or millions of dollars blown to install something that isn't needed.

Remember this is how they are challenging the greatest stock car drivers on the planet.
But passing statistics!!!

Nascar needs to fix this. Sadly, I think they care too. Some fans clearly take the bait.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The open wheel invasion was 10 years too early. Now that these things are closed ****pit Indycars minus 30 mph I think those guys could've done well.

I'm not a fan. Kills me to watch them just roll around at Texas wide open. Half the fun at 1.5 mile tracks was seeing which drivers could push it to the edge driving deep into the corners.
You would see guys braking at Texas/Atlanta, 25 laps into a run.

Now, with worn tires, the 10th place car MAY lift a little. All the skill is in the hands. No feet. No hand and feet coordination at the speedways. It's sad. Texas seemed like a plate race at a mile and a half.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

But was 10 times better than 2019

Yeah but the general public hated it. Throughout most of the season this season had much much better race ratings than last season. Low downforce is badass but yikes it was not entertaining on anything over a mile.

I think down the stretch Toyota being that much better led to some meh racing. There were a few races where other teams simply could not compete with what they have built

Back
Top Bottom