What do you think of the NextGen Car?

Im excited for this new car, and looking forward to seeing how it does throughout the season and we get thru a variety of the tracks. I agree, the biggest issues is getting stuck over a flat tire.

I wish it was easy to make the change, bolt on last years tires and wheels. I don't see much happening soon if at all. Damn fun races to watch this year so far IMO. Looking forward to the 1.5 at Vegas. :punkrocke
Would require smaller brake package and the casting of ???? wheels? Unless they made an adapter that emulates the 5 bolt flange to use the old wheels. Which would also likely require the fender openings be changed?

Rollers on the rub blocks. Only thing that's fairly simple and quick that doesn't require a major overhaul of the new car.

How about if a car gets a flat tire ( without crash damage) and is unable to roll, service team changes tire then car is allowed to pit then goes to tail end longest line but remains on lead lap?

Would require smaller brake package and the casting of ???? wheels? Unless they made an adapter that emulates the 5 bolt flange to use the old wheels. Which would also likely require the fender openings be changed?

Rollers on the rub blocks. Only thing that's fairly simple and quick that doesn't require a major overhaul of the new car.
All this assumes, what we used to call the "spindle", will fit in a 15" wheel and a smaller rotor & caliper exists to work with the spindle. This would actually be the cheapest/quickest way to fix it. Just go back to the old wheels. Bolt adapters in wheels for single nut. Done and dusted.

See...that was easy! <but I bet it's NOT that simple>

How about don't cut your tires. Seems like a fair trade off for being able to make so much contact without doing so compared to before tbh. This series is supposed to be the hardest one with the best drivers after all.:XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL:

How about don't cut your tires. Seems like a fair trade off for being able to make so much contact without doing so compared to before tbh. This series is supposed to be the hardest one with the best drivers after all.:XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL:

OK, did you watch the last race? What was Reddick supposed to do different? Sometimes the tires just let go

OK, did you watch the last race? What was Reddick supposed to do different? Sometimes the tires just let go
Did I not watch it? :D Yes sometimes tires let go. Sometimes engines do too. It's racing.

smh

I give it a 7 so far with lots of potential. The flat tire thing has been beaten to death so I don't need to go down that road, but I like the rub block idea of setting min heights because IMO getting the cars off the ground produces a lot better racing. The car is far more durable than the previous generation. Am more than a little concerned with how easy the 21 went over at Daytona, part of me wonders how much testing was done to see how the air flows through and around these cars since they added the duct in the windshield and slits in the back window.

I'm just afraid of what will happen when the big teams gather enough data to science out these cars.

Yep. Should we give him his spot back?

Not crazy about the looks of them but the racing seems to be significantly improved, which is what is really important.
I think they look great except for the greenhouse/C pillar. It doesn't resemble the real cars at all.

I like @Spotter22 's idea about a flat requiring a tow means end of longest line, but then cautions will need to be extended while said car does 2 or 3 lucky dog laps to catch up. I really don't see a fair way to help said car other than to shrug and say "that's racin'."

I like @Spotter22 's idea about a flat requiring a tow means end of longest line, but then cautions will need to be extended while said car does 2 or 3 lucky dog laps to catch up. I really don't see a fair way to help said car other than to shrug and say "that's racin'."
I think they can adjust scoring now so it wont require the car to make up the laps.

I might be wrong but aren't we still letting the lucky dog pass the leaders instead of just putting them at the tail to keep scoring accurate?
Yes but they get to pit after. I'm talking about a car sitting for a couple of laps while service team changes the flat on track then that car going to the pits and the scoring being adjusted.

Yes. It was your idea of giving a car credit for laps it didn't run.
I said idea could be tweaked and we are spit balling right now. This is an unusual circumstance and I was trying to balance laps made up and too many caution flag laps being run.

I said idea could be tweaked and we are spit balling right now. This is an unusual circumstance and I was trying to balance laps made up and too many caution flag laps being run.
Just make the rub blocks rollers so the car has a chance to move with flats. Seems simple enough.

Do Australian Supercars stop the race for every flat tire? I don't think so. What's different?

Back
Top Bottom