William Byron is the best driver in NASCAR

Kyle Larson is the best driver in the Cup Series and it's not even close.

Byron's way up there, definitely in the top-10, if not top-5. But thinking Byron is better than Larson and Elliott is comical. Bell is way up there too, but right now, the Hendrick cars and engines are far and away superior to the rest of the field.

Richard Petty has been telling people for 50 years that he would rather be lucky than good. I don't EVER consider putting yourself in position to win when the leaders decide to take each other out "lucky". Lucky is just sour grapes B.S. pure and simple.
Yea I never got the “oh he’s lucky for winning for this reason…” the record book says it’s a win. I’m sure the driver who wins doesn’t care how it happened.

Richard Petty has been telling people for 50 years that he would rather be lucky than good. I don't EVER consider putting yourself in position to win when the leaders decide to take each other out "lucky". Lucky is just sour grapes B.S. pure and simple.
I think Kyle Larson is fat and away the most talented driver.

But I think William Byron will be the most successful. He doesn’t do stupid ****. He puts himself in positions and capitalizes, and doesn’t put himself in position to lose races like Larson so frequently does.

Byron is good but not some otherworldly talent. He’s a smart young racer aligned with the right team and owner. He’ll win a championship.

He’s what we all wish Ryan Blaney would be.

Byron is good but not some otherworldly talent. He’s a smart young racer aligned with the right team and owner. He’ll win a championship.

I never look for Blaney to stick his neck out to win one. The car would have to be perfect and all the breaks would have to go his way. Byron busts his ass every race. He might not have the best talent, but you get 100% out of what he's got.

William Byron is one of the most talented drivers in the sport, but not on the same level as the elites.

As much as the sim racing community thinks his success shows that iRacers are better than real racers, William Byron has a metric ****ton of natural talent that's allowed him to be an instant frontrunner in every discipline of racing he's ever been in. If he was an "average" talent, he never would've made it out of Legend Cars. This kid didn't begin racing for real until about a decade ago, and is constantly stealing wins away from "the greatest driver in the world" and other drivers who have been racing for 25+ years.

William Byron is one of the most talented drivers in the sport, but not on the same level as the elites.

As much as the sim racing community thinks his success shows that iRacers are better than real racers, William Byron has a metric ****ton of natural talent that's allowed him to be an instant frontrunner in every discipline of racing he's ever been in. If he was an "average" talent, he never would've made it out of Legend Cars. This kid didn't begin racing for real until about a decade ago, and is constantly stealing wins away from "the greatest driver in the world" and other drivers who have been racing for 25+ years.
iRacing teaches you to be patient. They have stricter rules on contact and crashing than the actual cup series does. William is a patient driver with a ton of talent. While he might not lead a crap ton of laps he’s probably bringing the car home in one piece.

Sometimes you got to be in position to win. All the great have "lucked" into wins here and there. Kid is good for sure. Not sure I'd say the best, but he's really great.

Great driver with great equipment. He’s definitely been fortunate with cautions several times this year but in modern NASCAR you often just have to put yourself in position.

It’s too bad the guy just seems so vanilla. He’s probably one of the few guys who could have a breakout season like this and not move the needle at all.

I didn’t say Byron was an average talent. He’s clearly very good. And smart. And puts himself in position to get lucky and capitalizes when he does. He’s just not a Kyle Larson, Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch type guy who could win driving a John Deere tractor.

I could see him being a Joey Logano. Cunning, aggressive and lethal when the money is on the line. Wins more than he should in less than dominant cars.

I didn’t say Byron was an average talent. He’s clearly very good. And smart. And puts himself in position to get lucky and capitalizes when he does. He’s just not a Kyle Larson, Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch type guy who could win driving a John Deere tractor.

I could see him being a Joey Logano. Cunning, aggressive and lethal when the money is on the line. Wins more than he should in less than dominant cars.
That's basically what he was driving at CGR, and let's be honest, Larson won a few times but wasn't lighting the world on fire. Probably be around 7, 8 wins, maybe 9 and no championship right now if not for the move to HMS. Crazy to think him saying the N word might be thing he ever did for his career. That's not to say Larson isn't talented, because he is, but let's not act like he'd be doing what he's doing if he didn't have the car to help him show it.

Great driver with great equipment. He’s definitely been fortunate with cautions several times this year but in modern NASCAR you often just have to put yourself in position.

It’s too bad the guy just seems so vanilla. He’s probably one of the few guys who could have a breakout season like this and not move the needle at all.
He’s the epitome of clean cut, frosty haired Hendrick driver who wins and puts everyone sleep while doing it.

Yet. Who can say at this point, Byron has a long way to go until he quits. All three of those drivers cut their teeth on a steering wheel. Byron is coming from behind on that point.

Obviously he won’t get close to the success of Jimmie but he reminds me a lot of him. Very good and smart driver, quiet guy, doesn’t get into a lot of bs. Just does his thing

I never look for Blaney to stick his neck out to win one. The car would have to be perfect and all the breaks would have to go his way. Byron busts his ass every race. He might not have the best talent, but you get 100% out of what he's got.
Queue the Rocky music theme song. LMAO. Sappy.

Crazy to think him saying the N word might be thing he ever did for his career.
That is the dumbest ass thing I have ever seen posted here....and I read every one of @StandOnIt posts. Jesus Christ.

Name calling? You are better than that.....naw.....you're not. Have a great week.

Chastain wrecked Hamlin what two or three times last year at least. Are you having a memory problem, or are you so ate up with the Hendrick bunch you have lost your mind?

Chastain wrecked Hamlin what two or three times last year at least. Are you having a memory problem, or are you so ate up with the Hendrick bunch you have lost your mind?
Are you ****** defending Hamlin now? Really? Whose lost whose mind?

That is the dumbest ass thing I have ever seen posted here....and I read every one of @StandOnIt posts. Jesus Christ.
Yeah the context of it isn’t great I’ll admit lol. But I meant it in this way. Him being a complete idiot and saying it, which again completely dumb of him, got him released. Which then he ended up at HMS, where he had one hell of a season and won the championship. So him being a dumbass basically landed him the best ride he ever had.

Pretty telling though that The Felon can sit there and say that Ross can't win a championship making enemies. I think he is calling his shot, and if one of The Chain Gang goes after him at a critical point in the Championship, NASCAR should sting them for manipulating a race outcome....but they won't because The Chain Gang.

Pretty telling though that The Felon can sit there and say that Ross can't win a championship making enemies. I think he is calling his shot, and if one of The Chain Gang goes after him at a critical point in the Championship, NASCAR should sting them for manipulating a race outcome....but they won't because The Chain Gang.
:XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom