WNBA

I thought about doing it like that since I have a YouTube TV subscription, but I seem to remember it costing more than the regular standalone League Pass, and I didn't want them tied together, so I just signed up for the standalone League Pass instead and am using the WNBA app. I haven't had any issues with it so far.
They ultimately went and added the annual subscription rate on YTTV.

No matter how you watch it. :)

Sue Bird names Fever, Caitlin Clark as team she would not want to face in WNBA playoffs​

And she explains why!!

Lets get an update on the imminent arrival of reality Diana Taurasi talked about from Diana Taurasi herself:

456506035_893953455920452_9203426639759229696_n.jpg

Andy, I tried to access the link but it requires you to be a member. Can you copy the taurasi comments and paste them.

“It’s amazing what Caitlin’s been able to do in her short career so far, it’s just been nothing short of remarkable,” Diana Taurasi said. “The one thing that I really love about her is she loves the game. You can tell she’s put the work in. And even throughout her short WNBA career, it’s been a lot of pressure, a lot of things thrown at her, and she keeps showing up and keeps getting better every single game. So her future is super bright.”

Kelsey Plum had this to add:

“She’s tremendous,” Plum said during All-Star Weekend. “I think she’ll end up being one of the greatest players we’ll ever see in this league. The way that she’s handled everything with so much grace and just continues to go out and perform at a high level just speaks to who she is.”

“It’s amazing what Caitlin’s been able to do in her short career so far, it’s just been nothing short of remarkable,” Diana Taurasi said. “The one thing that I really love about her is she loves the game. You can tell she’s put the work in. And even throughout her short WNBA career, it’s been a lot of pressure, a lot of things thrown at her, and she keeps showing up and keeps getting better every single game. So her future is super bright.”

Kelsey Plum had this to add:

“She’s tremendous,” Plum said during All-Star Weekend. “I think she’ll end up being one of the greatest players we’ll ever see in this league. The way that she’s handled everything with so much grace and just continues to go out and perform at a high level just speaks to who she is.”
High praise from Taurasi and Plum. Players now recognize the potential greatness of Caitlin Clark. Sue Bird and others have also had praise for Clark. And remember, she is a rookie. If you don't enjoy watching Caitlin Clark in action, you don't enjoy basketball. :biggrin:

High praise from Taurasi and Plum. Players now recognize the potential greatness of Caitlin Clark. Sue Bird and others have also had praise for Clark. And remember, she is a rookie. If you don't enjoy watching Caitlin Clark in action, you don't enjoy basketball. :biggrin:

Yep, this is only the beginning of Caitlin Clark's reign of terror.

When I signed up for it this year, I reasoned that I wouldn't miss the $35 regardless of whether or not I ultimately ended up following the W. Today, I can't help but wonder why I waited so long to sign up and start watching it. It's great. I can watch every game (ever) that I want to watch, on my time and my terms. I love it.

Of course, the price will surely go up as the popularity of the league increases. Not sure how I would feel about a WNBA League Pass that costs as much as the NBA League Pass does. I'd have to think about that one.
No chance it’ll ever come near what NBA League Pass is but it’ll likely change at some point. I think Amazon Prime Video is becoming the sole distributor for the W League Pass and the “primary” home for NBA League Pass under the new deal. Not entirely sure how that’ll affect rates just yet though.

Fortunately, every Fever game the rest of the season is included in YouTubeTV’s package and then I just catch other teams when they’re on national TV as well. In a lot of ways it’s way better than the current NBA arrangement since there are far fewer games and teams to go around. And I can’t (legally) watch the Magic because they’re still in bed with Bally Sports.

No matter how you watch it. :)

Sue Bird names Fever, Caitlin Clark as team she would not want to face in WNBA playoffs​

And she explains why!!
As long as they stay above the 8 seed (should be very doable tbh) and avoid New York I could see them pulling off a first-round upset. Not that it wouldn’t be tough, but I could certainly see it with the ball they’re playing right now.

It’s honestly pretty wild the “unanimous” MVP will probably come from a 4th- or 5th-placed team.

Napheesa Collier needs to be a bigger factor in the MVP race. And Courtney Williams’s middy is pure.

It’s honestly pretty wild the “unanimous” MVP will probably come from a 4th- or 5th-placed team.

Napheesa Collier needs to be a bigger factor in the MVP race. And Courtney Williams’s middy is pure.
"Loved" for obvious, biased reasons. ^_^

As I've said before, I don't care who wins MVP and ROTY since I have no say in it and it's a purely subjective decision, but ehh, I see why A'ja is often called the best player in the world and have a hard time arguing with that assessment.

I think the Las Vegas Olympic Team is only down there in the standings because they were missing their true PG, Chelsea Gray, for the first several games. They immediately started tearing it up again as soon as she came back. Sure, they've been upset here and there, but I think they and NY are probably the top two teams in the league right now.

Finally found some time to sit down and watch that Fever/Storm game from Sunday. I almost didn't watch it since I knew the Fever won and saw a big gap in the final score. Glad I went ahead and watched it anyway, because the final score didn't tell the whole story. It was a great game.

I really haven't been into the Fever like that since they're the young offensive team as opposed to Chicago's young defensive lineup. Still, every time I think "ehh, I might stop following them," they remind me of why I follow them. They actually did a good job on the defensive end.

Jewell Loyd was lighting them up at first, as she typically does to most teams. They were finally able to adjust and slow her down, and then they just got unbelievably hot in the 4th quarter. Everybody was making threes, especially Lexie Hull, who played the game of her life. I was celebrating just like the Fever bench, LOL.

Man, I love that girl. Always have, if I'm being honest. Every time I watch her, she comes in off the bench and makes an impact defensively, whether it's just getting a hand in somebody's face, forcing a turnover, or sacrificing her body and drawing a charge - whatever it takes to get a stop. Bonus points (literally) if she can spot up and hit a three or two, let alone the six that she hit in that game. I'm so proud of her. Way to go, Lexie! ^_^

lexiehull_450.jpg

As long as they stay above the 8 seed (should be very doable tbh) and avoid New York I could see them pulling off a first-round upset. Not that it wouldn’t be tough, but I could certainly see it with the ball they’re playing right now.
If they were to play based on today's rankings this, I believe, is how they would stack up:

1. Liberty vs 8. Sky
2. Sun vs7. Fever
3. Lynx vs 6. Mercury
4. Storm vs 5. Aces

Of course, we know they will not end up in that ranking order.

The first round of the playoffs is only a 3-game series (and the semis and Finals are a 5-game series). I kinda feel like anything can happen in a 3-game series.

"Loved" for obvious, biased reasons. ^_^

As I've said before, I don't care who wins MVP and ROTY since I have no say in it and it's a purely subjective decision, but ehh, I see why A'ja is often called the best player in the world and have a hard time arguing with that assessment.

I think the Las Vegas Olympic Team is only down there in the standings because they were missing their true PG, Chelsea Gray, for the first several games. They immediately started tearing it up again as soon as she came back. Sure, they've been upset here and there, but I think they and NY are probably the top two teams in the league right now.
I’m not really feeling Vegas yet. Still seems like they’re far away from their potential and they haven’t really performed against top teams yet, including the last two outings at home against the Liberty and Lynx. Although they play the Lynx again tonight, so we’ll see. But I think they’re leaving some on the table right now.

I’m not really feeling Vegas yet. Still seems like they’re far away from their potential and they haven’t really performed against top teams yet, including the last two outings at home against the Liberty and Lynx. Although they play the Lynx again tonight, so we’ll see. But I think they’re leaving some on the table right now.
LOL, I don't know why I just Googled the Lynx. I forgot that I still have to watch that game from the other day. Oh well. I'll watch it and surely enjoy it anyway, just like I enjoyed the heck out of that Fever/Storm game. I was in a good mood for the rest of the day after that. 😁

I haven't been following the Las Vegas Olympic Team, so all I've seen of them is their games against the few teams I'm following. I like some of their individual players (beyond the Olympians, shout-out to Ms. Hustle on the bench, Megan Gustafson ^_^), and Coach Hammon is obviously one of my all-time favorites, but I'm pretty neutral on them as a group. They're prone to those lethargic, sleepy starts that I can't stand, just like the Sun. If/when just one of their four starting Olympians manages to wake up and get hot, which is essentially inevitable, they're right back in the game. Ehh, I'm not into that. 😕

I understand your hesitation, and you may ultimately be right about them, but it's still just the regular season, and they're the two-time defending champs. The way I see it, they're on top until they get knocked out of the playoffs.

Angel Reese gets rebounds but she’s a total liability beyond that.
Only caught the final minute so I can’t comment on much beyond the box score…looks like she did have a couple of blocks as well. But at this point, it’s apparent that her ability to finish around the rim will require a total rework over the long offseason. The game they played against Phoenix last week saw her taking a few midrange jumpers and she actually hit them. It might help if she can learn to play away from the basket more and open up the low post for Cardoso. I feel like with the Chicago offense there’s too much traffic around the basket and she kinda just flings the ball at the rim with no real confidence or intent with so much going on.

Cardoso looks she’s coming around nicely but fights foul trouble consistently. Carrington didn’t shoot the ball well tonight but had a couple of key defensive plays in the final minute, and Marina Mabrey popped off and continues to show why CT acquired her.

Alright…I really don’t know what to say about these. They’re wide open looks and just…

Alright…I really don’t know what to say about these. They’re wide open looks and just…

i only watched the first quarter and Reese was really terrible with her shooting. I am not sure she will improve much. She had 4 years of
College ball half a year of Pro ball and is one of the worst shooters in the league. She is, more or less, a one dimensional player.

Only caught the final minute so I can’t comment on much beyond the box score…looks like she did have a couple of blocks as well. But at this point, it’s apparent that her ability to finish around the rim will require a total rework over the long offseason. The game they played against Phoenix last week saw her taking a few midrange jumpers and she actually hit them. It might help if she can learn to play away from the basket more and open up the low post for Cardoso. I feel like with the Chicago offense there’s too much traffic around the basket and she kinda just flings the ball at the rim with no real confidence or intent with so much going on.

Cardoso looks she’s coming around nicely but fights foul trouble consistently. Carrington didn’t shoot the ball well tonight but had a couple of key defensive plays in the final minute, and Marina Mabrey popped off and continues to show why CT acquired her.
Probably a good idea.. It would free up Cardoza to score and end result would be increased scoring for the Sky. I still believe that Cardoza can be a really good scorer for the Sky, and she can also rebound.

Chicago is still the most unlikeable team in sports, between elements of the media propping Angel Reese up for racial reasons (in a way that is now disrespectful to the great players in the game like A’ja Wilson) and the continued antics of Chennedy Carter.

This is such a blatant cheap shot.

Carter has a ton of talent but she really does not belong in this sport.

I saw a clip from ESPN on X and it was about the league needs to do co-ROTY because Angel Reese has earned it

I mean, seriously? There is no ROTY race anymore.

Chicago is still the most unlikeable team in sports, between elements of the media propping Angel Reese up for racial reasons (in a way that is now disrespectful to the great players in the game like A’ja Wilson) and the continued antics of Chennedy Carter.

This is such a blatant cheap shot.

Carter has a ton of talent but she really does not belong in this sport.

I’m baffled that this wasn’t a flagrant 2 and auto ejection.

i only watched the first quarter and Reese was really terrible with her shooting. I am not sure she will improve much. She had 4 years of
College ball half a year of Pro ball and is one of the worst shooters in the league. She is, more or less, a one dimensional player.
I honestly don’t think anyone tried to develop her shooting in college. She had a certain skill set which could be a lot more effective in college and at that level she could mask her shooting flaws. LSU only needed her to do certain things really well to help them win. Mulkey only had her for two years as well.

I honestly don’t think anyone tried to develop her shooting in college. She had a certain skill set which could be a lot more effective in college and at that level she could mask her shooting flaws. LSU only needed her to do certain things really well to help them win. Mulkey only had her for two years as well.
My thing is, a month off and Angel seemingly did nothing to improve where she needs to.

I really think she wants to be a star more than anything. She tries so hard. All the way to how she acts like a runway model when walking into the stadium.

I’m baffled that this wasn’t a flagrant 2 and auto ejection.
And yet they call a technical on Caitlin Clark for slapping the goal post because she missed a shot and stated that she was disrespectful to basketball.

My thing is, a month off and Angel seemingly did nothing to improve where she needs to.

I really think she wants to be a star more than anything. She tries so hard. All the way to how she acts like a runway model when walking into the stadium.
A month off where the goal was mostly to rest, tbf. She’s been on the same schedule as all the other rookies the past ten months or so.

It’s going to take more than a quick fix anyways. You need a whole offseason to work out those janky mechanics.

A month off where the goal was mostly to rest, tbf. She’s been on the same schedule as all the other rookies the past ten months or so.

It’s going to take more than a quick fix anyways. You need a whole offseason to work out those janky mechanics.

Idk if that can be fixed in a single offseason.

I’ve said it before, she has long arms and legs … and that’s it. She can’t shoot well, she can’t dribble at all (get away with A LOT of travels), and really just looks like a kid playing against pros out there.

Not to mention, if her shooting was more efficient, she probably would not be a walking double double since her rebound count would plummet.

And ESPN is STILL pushing the Co-ROTY stuff.

*Taps sign*

Minnesota continues to impress. Good to see Fagbenle back for Indiana at least. Seemed apparent in the second half that she and Dantas are really going to start eating into those minutes KLS and NaLyssa Smith have occupied most of the season.
Minnesota did indeed impress. Indiana though, didn't play their best basketball Caitlin made several passes that were unbelievable.

Idk if that can be fixed in a single offseason.

I’ve said it before, she has long arms and legs … and that’s it. She can’t shoot well, she can’t dribble at all (get away with A LOT of travels), and really just looks like a kid playing against pros out there.

Not to mention, if her shooting was more efficient, she probably would not be a walking double double since her rebound count would plummet.

And ESPN is STILL pushing the Co-ROTY stuff.
Her offensive game is broken enough that if you just lock her in a gym with a coach she can at least make a lot of progress. It’ll take years of development to get all the way there for sure. But she just needs to make progress towards even being a replacement-level offense since player.

She’s top 5 in DReb%, so even if her offensive boards went down she’d still rack up numbers - just not as inflated as they are now. She does have a level of tenacity you can’t really teach and generally positions herself in the right places to find the ball.

Back
Top Bottom