WNBA

As for all the chatter about Angel Reese and her offense, I have always seen her as primarily a dirty work/hustle/defensive player, not an offensive player. That's why I gravitated towards her immediately when I first watched a Sky game, because I'm the weird fan who has always loved players like that. Kamilla Cardoso is the offensive threat between the two of them, at least as of right now, and again, I've always felt that way.

When I was following the Sky, those two were being lobbed/beamed the ball while they were basically underneath the basket and surrounded by a pack of opposing bodies and flailing arms. It is not easy to score inside like that, let alone as an undersized (in Angel's case) rookie big with plenty of room for growth. Last I saw, Kamilla was slowly getting better at it.

Angel will be fine.

Honestly, the biggest problem for Angel right now is hype and expectations.

Way too many people (especially in Bristol, CT) are trying to talk her up as being on the same level or even better than Caitlin Clark and that’s just fool comedy at this point.

The Indiana Fever are legitimate contenders and A LOT (not all but a lot) of that is because of Caitlin Clark.

If the Fever keep this up and Las Vegas continues to struggle, Caitlin Clark could be in the MVP discussion.

“ROTY battle” my ass.

Honestly, the biggest problem for Angel right now is hype and expectations.

Way too many people (especially in Bristol, CT) are trying to talk her up as being on the same level or even better than Caitlin Clark and that’s just fool comedy at this point.

The Indiana Fever are legitimate contenders and A LOT (not all but a lot) of that is because of Caitlin Clark.
Who anyone thinks is better between the two of them is a completely subjective argument that I could not care less about. They play completely different positions and roles on their teams. You can disagree with people who think Reese is better all day long, but their opinions are exactly that - opinions, no more correct or incorrect than yours.

Who anyone thinks is better is a completely subjective argument. You can disagree with those people all day long, but their opinions are exactly that - opinions, no more correct or incorrect than yours.
😂😂😂😂

Except, my opinion that Caitlin Clark is the best rookie in the WNBA is absolutely correct.

Anyone else’s opinion that Angel Reese is the best rookie in the WNBA is fool talk.

😂😂😂😂

Except, my opinion that Caitlin Clark is the best rookie in the WNBA is absolutely correct.

Anyone else’s opinion that Angel Reese is the best rookie in the WNBA is fool talk.
You can have that subjective argument with those people on Twitter, in The Media, and/or anywhere else all day, my man. Again, I could not care less about it. I have my favorites and my reasons to watch the W but have never been tribal with sports and don't need to justify my opinions or reasons for watching it or liking certain players or teams to others. That's all you.

Give Kelsey Mitchell the supermax. She’s arguably the best pure scorer in the league right now.

Horrendous officiating down the stretch, my god. Even with reviews they got two big calls wrong, although Indiana would’ve won anyways.

One game shy of .500 now just seems so crazy. These ladies grew up and grew together in a hurry. I’d argue they’re maybe the third-best team in the league at the moment.

As for all the chatter about Angel Reese and her offense, I have always seen her as primarily a dirty work/hustle/defensive player, not an offensive player. That's why I gravitated towards her immediately when I first watched a Sky game, because I'm the weird fan who has always loved players like that. Kamilla Cardoso is the offensive threat between the two of them, at least as of right now, and again, I've always felt that way.

When I was following the Sky, those two were being lobbed/beamed the ball while they were basically underneath the basket and surrounded by a pack of opposing bodies and flailing arms. It is not easy to score inside like that, let alone as an undersized (in Angel's case) rookie big with plenty of room for growth. Last I saw, Kamilla was slowly getting better at it.

Angel will be fine.
My thing is…don’t take that volume of shots if you’re not efficient. It would be one thing if she consolidated her role for now and focused on what she’s best at until the offseason. But you don’t need to be the highest volume shooter on the team if you can’t get buckets. Work on playing inside-out and finding shooters if the defense is collapsing on you as soon as you get the ball. Or work on finding open looks in the midrange. Just don’t be a black hole on the offensive side of the ball. I know that Chicago offense has plenty of limitations, but you just need to find other ways to make things work until you can develop your game around the rim.

If the Fever keep this up and Las Vegas continues to struggle, Caitlin Clark could be in the MVP discussion.

“ROTY battle” my ass.
She’ll be in the top 5 in MVP voting, I’m pretty sure of it. I think Vegas continuing to flail opens up the door for Collier to win it outright, if anyone other than A’ja is going to get it.

My thing is…don’t take that volume of shots if you’re not efficient. It would be one thing if she consolidated her role for now and focused on what she’s best at until the offseason. But you don’t need to be the highest volume shooter on the team if you can’t get buckets. Work on playing inside-out and finding shooters if the defense is collapsing on you as soon as you get the ball. Or work on finding open looks in the midrange. Just don’t be a black hole on the offensive side of the ball. I know that Chicago offense has plenty of limitations, but you just need to find other ways to make things work until you can develop your game around the rim.
Maaaaaan, listen, even as a defense-first fan, there's a reason why I stopped following Chicago. As we've both said, offensively, they're a hot mess. There's just no other way for me to describe it. They just complied with a trade request from their one remaining consistent outside shooting threat and one of their primary facilitators, Marina, and are now soul-searching. They now have one player who can shoot consistently from anywhere outside the paint, who also has an annoying knack for committing flagrant fouls. They're pretty much down to her and Chaos Barbie in the paint. I used to love them and am only half-joking, but yeah, dude, the Sky ain't it right now.

denzelitsugly.jpg

Maaaaaan, listen, even as a defense-first fan, there's a reason why I stopped following Chicago. As we've both said, offensively, they're a hot mess. There's just no other way for me to describe it. They just complied with a trade request from their one remaining consistent outside shooting threat and one of their primary facilitators, Marina, and are now soul-searching. They now have one player who can shoot consistently from anywhere outside the paint, who also has an annoying knack for committing flagrant fouls. They're pretty much down to her and Chaos Barbie in the paint. I used to love them and am only half-joking, but yeah, dude, the Sky ain't it right now.

View attachment 80094
I was going so negative (and I hate doing that) that I forgot all about poor Rachel Banham. I like her, and she can obviously shoot and be a floor general, but she's not gonna give you 30+ minutes a game on a regular basis. I also like the little I've seen from Moriah Jefferson, but she's more of a true PG (my favorite kind of PG, to be clear) and is just coming back from an injury after not having played for a while.

Like I said, the Sky are a young, soul-searching team now. This season is obviously a wash for them. They've got a lot of work to do and aren't done making moves.

“ROTY battle” my ass.
WNBA 2024 Most Valuable Player Ladder - Week 12

#5 - Alyssa Thomas | Forward | Connecticut Sun

#4 - Breanna Stewart | Forward | New York Liberty​

#3 - Caitlin Clark | Guard | Indiana Fever​

#2 - Napheesa Collier | Forward | Minnesota Lynx​

#1 - A'ja Wilson | Forward | Las Vegas Aces​

Give Kelsey Mitchell the supermax. She’s arguably the best pure scorer in the league right now.

Horrendous officiating down the stretch, my god. Even with reviews they got two big calls wrong, although Indiana would’ve won anyways.

One game shy of .500 now just seems so crazy. These ladies grew up and grew together in a hurry. I’d argue they’re maybe the third-best team in the league at the moment.

Give Kelsey Mitchell ownership of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway if that's what it takes.

Lexie Hull needs to remain in the Starting Five rotation here on out. She's been cooking ever since the Olympic Break. 🔥

WNBA 2024 Most Valuable Player Ladder - Week 12

#5 - Alyssa Thomas | Forward | Connecticut Sun

#4 - Breanna Stewart | Forward | New York Liberty​

#3 - Caitlin Clark | Guard | Indiana Fever​

#2 - Napheesa Collier | Forward | Minnesota Lynx​

#1 - A'ja Wilson | Forward | Las Vegas Aces​

My vote is a tie for #1 between Collier and Stewart. My vote for the next 2 positions is a tie between Wilson and Clark.

Wilson is one hell of a player but many of her points this year come in games where her teammates are not as involved. I may very slightly lean a little for Collier over Stewart. but very little if any. Same as I lean a little for Wilson over Clark at this point, but again, very little.

*sigh* What did she do to you or your favorite now? I haven't seen the game yet.
Running that mouth.

Goes to Caitlin’s house and taunts the fans only to get cooked by Caitlin a second later. Then goes on X to whine about Fever fans.

The only legit gripe she had was when a documented MAGA racist replied to her crap with a racist meme.

And she will probably spend a week saying all of us are racist and demanding apologies from Caitlin.

She trying so hard to be Angel Reese. Except Angel actually has class.

This is part of what I’m talking about. They cleared out the whole right side of the floor for her to go to work, and she walks right into traffic and just flings up a prayer over her head. Meanwhile they have the literal biggest player on the floor hovering on the perimeter doing nothing.

View attachment 80094
They are screwed, but there’s no reason they shouldn’t at least be trying to get better and make the playoffs to get playoff experience. They’re not really a team that can tank because Dallas has the rights to their R1 pick via a pick swap anyways.

This is part of what I’m talking about. They cleared out the whole right side of the floor for her to go to work, and she walks right into traffic and just flings up a prayer over her head. Meanwhile they have the literal biggest player on the floor hovering on the perimeter doing nothing.

One of the funniest aspects watching her play is how other teams are baiting Chicago to pass to Angel Reese. That's the very definition of a liability.

That's my girl, dude. Chaos Barbie in full effect. :XXROFL:

They are screwed, but there’s no reason they shouldn’t at least be trying to get better and make the playoffs to get playoff experience. They’re not really a team that can tank because Dallas has the rights to their R1 pick via a pick swap anyways.
Oh, I'm sure they're busting their butts, but there's obviously no quick fix for them. It's just gonna take time. They ain't it right now and ain't gonna be it for a while unless more moves are made.

it-is-what-it-is-odafin-tutuola.gif

And ESPN’s “advanced analytics” still has Angel Reese as the top rookie today because she leads in **** like “RAPTOR wins”. This is why we never should’ve stopped stuffing nerds in lockers.

I want to be a fly on the wall in Bristol when Caitlin Clark, AND ONLY CAITLIN CLARK, wins Rookie of the Year.

Check out the videos.
Caitlin Clark Goes Viral For Torching DiJonai Carrington In Fever's Win Over Sun

Check out the videos.
Caitlin Clark Goes Viral For Torching DiJonai Carrington In Fever's Win Over Sun

Dijonai taunted the crowd and immediately got burned. Instead of putting some aloe on that burn, she had to get on X and ****mouth Caitlin Clark and Indiana Fever fans.

You taunt a home crowd, you better back that **** up on the scoreboard.

Back
Top Bottom