WNBA

That was the worst half of basketball they’ve played in at least two months. Pretty fortunate to only be down 9 in that case. Hopefully they can get going in the second. There’s certainly plenty of room for it; no one has been effective thus far for Indy.

That was the worst half of basketball they’ve played in at least two months. Pretty fortunate to only be down 9 in that case. Hopefully they can get going in the second. There’s certainly plenty of room for it; no one has been effective thus far for Indy.

That Las Vegas defense is super physical.

I don't like to blame the refs, but they've been pretty one-sided in this so far. A few calls that shouldn't have been made against Indiana and several that should have against Vegas. But you still gotta play through that.

Hopefully the refs will settle down and call this game more evenly now that A'ja Wilson has her record.

It sucks that they're gonna call a penalty on Lexie Hull any chance they get, because they need her on the court and definitely don't need Wallace out there.
Wheeler did fine offensively when she was out there, but I think they figure Wallace is a much better option to try to replicate Hull’s defense. Unfortunately the ball ended up in her hands on a couple of possessions and they were a complete waste of time.

Wheeler did fine offensively when she was out there, but I think they figure Wallace is a much better option to try to replicate Hull’s defense. Unfortunately the ball ended up in her hands on a couple of possessions and they were a complete waste of time.

On another note, what happened with Kate Martin? I thought Las Vegas was praising how well she played and how much she added defensively, only for her to not play anymore.

I wonder if she's just there now to give coaching some insight into Clark.

On another note, what happened with Kate Martin? I thought Las Vegas was praising how well she played and how much she added defensively, only for her to not play anymore.

I wonder if she's just there now to give coaching some insight into Clark.
I recall she got injured shortly before the Olympic break. Doesn’t seem like she’s gotten many minutes since, so probably a combination of not being as effective while nursing it and then Hammon shortening up her rotations in preparation for the playoffs.

I recall she got injured shortly before the Olympic break. Doesn’t seem like she’s gotten many minutes since, so probably a combination of not being as effective while nursing it and then Hammon shortening up her rotations in preparation for the playoffs.

I'd like to see Indiana pick her up if she ultimately gets cut.

Kelsey Mitchell has to be the offseason priority though.

I find it weird that A'ja Wilson complained about the physicality of the league and how everyone's getting beaten up on the court when this Las Vegas team is the most physical in the W.

I didn’t have too much of an issue with the officiating until this possession…Vegas got two they shouldn’t have.

This oughta be overturned.

I didn’t have too much of an issue with the officiating until this possession…Vegas got two they shouldn’t have.

This oughta be overturned.
Vegas got a handful of ticky tacky calls in their favor before all that anytime Indiana had momentum.

Those last two fouls called on Indiana changed the game though.

Nice follow from NLS to bring it within 7 at the end of the 3rd. Hull should be good to play the rest of the game but now Boston is sitting on 5 fouls. Will be tough to manage that down the stretch. Think Dantas might need to come in and clutch up here.

This might be a challenge for the Fever to pull this out.
Gonna be good. As usual. Cool to see Darius Rucker in the house.

Indiana's doing a nice job not giving up and playing through it in spite of the circumstances, but this game looks like it's gonna be decided by that series of controversial calls in the last 10 minutes.

I don't know what the W needs to do, but they gotta get better officiating teams next year.

Funniest part of this game has been Becky Hammon getting a technical foul after going ballistic over Christie Sides getting a chance to challenge the call ... the game changing call that got upheld when it should not have.

Considering

- Hull in foul trouble in the first half
- Boston in foul trouble in the 4th
- Clark having one of her absolute worst shooting nights of the season
- Unquestionably bad officiating
- The team and crowd coming out uninspired in the first half

keeping it competitive with a top 4 team deep into the second half can be seen as a positive. Unfortunately, this loss means the 4 and 5 seeds are off the table, but you need to regroup now and consolidate the 6 seed over Phoenix. The last thing you want to do is sleepwalk into the playoffs and end up meeting Minnesota.

That said, A'ja Wilson is the best player in the WNBA by a southern mile. She is the WNBA's Michael Jordan. She's the best player in the game in every single aspect.

As good as Caitlin Clark is and will be, it'll probably be a few more years before she's challenging for MVP.

Back
Top Bottom