WNBA

Who else but Marina Mabrey… @Mr. Gregory ’s favorite messy bun sticks the dagger in Indiana’s season with 45 seconds left. Can never afford to leave her that open.
I peeked at the score, was pleased to see that the Fever apparently adjusted and made a game out of it, and then cheated and tuned in right at that moment. Literally, the second the game popped up on YouTube TV, Marina was spotting up and shooting that 3. I was like

tenor.gif

:lol2:

Fever fans should be proud IMO. Great season for them after being stuck in the doldrums in the recent past. They have some things to work on in the off-season like plenty of other teams, but they're a plucky young squad that is well ahead of schedule. Patience. Their future is bright.

I'll continue to watch and enjoy the playoffs, but if this thread dies, which would be pretty sad...it's been contentious at times, due in large part to the natural misunderstandings that come with talking to people online, but it's been fun, gentlemen. :cheers:

I look for the Fever to sign Willma Laimbeer next year as the starting thug. She will suplex the competition seven ways to Sunday and they will win many championships.
Aww yeeuh, best believe somebody goin' to Suplex City next season fo' sho'.

wwe-wrestling.gif

Looks like a flagrant foul to me, a reckless closeout. The defensive player has to allow the shooter to land safely. I've seen it called as a flagrant all throughout the regular season, including in favor of Clark once or twice.

The rules were recently changed to make it a flagrant foul because regardless of intent, it's obviously dangerous. You can literally break someone's ankle(s)/leg(s) doing that.

Nope, not yet. There will be some good games in the playoffs. I watched the Liberty clinch the first round and really like their team, all of them.
I've certainly got nothing bad to say about the SuperLiberty. This may be common knowledge to others, but I just read this lengthy but good ESPN piece from 2023 about how the squad came together.

I've certainly got nothing bad to say about the SuperLiberty. This may be common knowledge to others, but I just read this lengthy but good ESPN piece from 2023 about how the squad came together.

Amazing how the team was put together. Ownership and management of the team is to be envied. As I stated previously, I like every player on the team. I am amazed that they were able to get Jones from the Sun. The Liberty has one heck of a good team. I like them.

And now time to watch this thread die … until Caitlin Clark returns to the court next spring that is.
For you, I'll keep enjoying the playoffs.

Also, if that was Diana Taurasi's last game. It's been amazing watching her play for two decades in the WNBA. Just an amazing talent in the WNBA and overseas.

Probably the greatest pure scorer that the league has had. She wasn't coined the White Mamba for nothing.

Amazing how the team was put together. Ownership and management of the team is to be envied. As I stated previously, I like every player on the team. I am amazed that they were able to get Jones from the Sun. The Liberty has one heck of a good team. I like them.
Yeah, that was actually an interesting three team trade between New York, Dallas, and Connecticut. New York gave up something - Natasha Howard, Rebecca Allen, the rights to Crystal Dangerfield, and the draft pick that eventually became Haley Jones (who I like) - to get something - JJ and Kayla Thornton, both of whom I also like. This was how Ty Harris ended up in Connecticut.

This may be too little too late.

They’ve allowed this crap against Caitlin Clark AND Angel Reese all year and their refs practically encourage it. All while there has been constant condemnation of Caitlin Clark fans whenever Dijonai Carrington, who has stoked these flames more than anybody in the WNBA, demanded it.

It didn’t do any good when Engelbert gave that horrible interview on CNBC earlier this month when she kinda framed white/black as “rivalry”.

I kept Lynx/Mercury on in the background after the Indiana game last night. Like I said down the stretch run, I didn’t want to get Minnesota and they showed why again last night. Phee Collier is something special. Tied the single-game playoff record with 42 points last night and set the two-game playoff record with 80 points across both games in the series.

I peeked at the score, was pleased to see that the Fever apparently adjusted and made a game out of it, and then cheated and tuned in right at that moment. Literally, the second the game popped up on YouTube TV, Marina was spotting up and shooting that 3. I was like

tenor.gif
She’s dangerous…CC was pressed when she saw her wide open and had to close out.

She’s dangerous…CC was pressed when she saw her wide open and had to close out.

OG boo-boo! Let's go! ❤️

marinaintrigued.jpg

She obviously had way too much time on that one, but she's got a quick trigger, man.

Like I've said before, sports are fleeting. I don't know if Connecticut will win it all this year or how long the other key players plan to stick around in the future, so I'm just gonna enjoy Marina with this group while I can. I just think that she's in a great situation and is living her best basketball life right now. I'm so happy for her. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom