World of Outlaws 2019

What a race up front, I love the racing at the Grove. I thought Sheldon was going to get Schatz, but he couldn't make it work.

The fact that they were able to replace both wings and the front axle on Shane Stewart's car and get him ready to race again after his first lap flip was wild.

The fact that they were able to replace both wings and the front axle on Shane Stewart's car and get him ready to race again after his first lap flip was wild.
In 2 minutes? :). Did not see anything but brief looks as I was at Knoxville last night, but that front end change took a long long time.

Edited. Just watched the replay. Understand that chad trout came in so that helped.

Last edited:
Last night's highlights. Sheldon was coming fast, I think he may have something for Schatz and Sweet tonight. It's 55 laps coming up tonight.

Sure enough, Sheldon put an absolute ass whupping on the field tonight, with all 55 laps (and every heat, dash, and B-feature) going caution free. He lapped up to fifth place and won by 10 seconds, which just doesn't happen in this series anymore. Crazy domination for tonight.

Last night's highlights in which Sheldon Haudenschild dominated like few do anymore.

Tonight, this was not an official WoO race, but the start of Knoxville Nationals week with the Capitani Classic. 77 cars in attendance and many WoO regulars and other 410 standouts. David Gravel won after a long and wild battle with Brian Brown. Enjoy this one:

Speaking of the Nationals, I am not looking forward to having gotten used to watching every WoO race for $30 a month and now facing the choice of whether to spend $115 to watch all four nights this week or $50 for Saturday.

I've been in Knoxville for 9 days now. The Dunkin crew that preps the track is nothing short of incredible . Day in day out they get it perfect. We were able to walk the 2 blocks to our camper and watch Friday and Saturdays ironman. Getting the best of both worlds here. Heading to Osky tonight and tomorrow. Then the Nationals. Spend the money gnome. I think you'll regret it if you don't. It's cheaper than being here.

It was an unusual Night 1 at Knoxville. Narrow, heavy track conditions made passing very difficult in the heats. Given the format in which the top 8 cars are inverted in each heat, this led to some surprise outcomes and many fast cars being buried and having to come through the B-Main. Schatz had to advance through the B and finished 11th in the A. Kyle Larson didn't make the A at all, and has a difficult choice to make regarding whether to try to come back Friday to qualify for the main event Saturday.

Trey Starks, a WA driver who is not a big name, won the A-Main tonight. Aaron Reutzel scores the most points overall between time trials, heat, and feature.

I've never been that big on the Nationals format. If the track has multiple grooves, it mostly works out. On a night like tonight, for such a big event, it's a bit of a head scratcher.

Tomorrow's track conditions will likely be much better and less flukey.

Logan Schuchart probably had the most surprising poor performance. He has been super fast and close to the front in most of the big WoO events of the year. Tonight he didn't even qualify particularly well, then wasn't able to make headway in the heats or B-feature. He is absolutely buried in points. Could be a big mover on Friday.

If the timing works out for Kyle, he will be back for Friday. (See Denny Hamlins tweet on Jeff Glucks thread) Paul Silva has always put a decent car on the track at Knoxville, dating back to the Shane Stewart days. He was completely baffled tonight at how bad they were.

Starks did a beautiful job of it, held a pretty wheel as DW says. He could run top or bottom. It looked like he was a bit faster in the low line. Dobmaier ,McSpadden and Haudenschild were running the top.

Much wider and racier track last night. There was an interview with the Knoxville track prep guy on the Open Red podcast in which he explained why the Wednesday night track is usually heavy and closer to one-lane. They can only rework and re-water the track so much during the weekend, and so they have to start heavy on Wednesday to keep it in better shape for Saturday's finale. That's an unfortunate reality, because it isn't exactly fair to the guys who race on Wednesday. On a wider track, the invert format is both fair enough and exciting.

Fantastic time at Knoxville over the last 2 weeks. Good race tonight, with logan coming quietly from 22nd to 2nd. Congrats to David on the win, awesome week for TK. Can't wait till next year.

Fantastic time at Knoxville over the last 2 weeks. Good race tonight, with logan coming quietly from 22nd to 2nd. Congrats to David on the win, awesome week for TK. Can't wait till next year.

TK is soooooo good. Logan ansd that team have quietly put together a pretty good 2 year run as well.

Schuchart's run was hugely impressive given the relative lack of cautions. The first night of the Nationals was iffy in terms of track and racing quality, but the last three nights were excellent, and Saturday's main was a very good race with tons of movers through the field. It was a much deserved win for Gravel and the Jason Johnson Racing bunch. Gordon's involvement gave the whole thing a lift and wider exposure.

They left the car in place on the fence for the rest of the race to avoid a longer delay. Two longer red flags, but a torrid fast race otherwise. Schatz is gaining a lot of steam lately and is very tough on his home turf in ND. He ran and won the late model race there last night too.

Unfortunately they are rained out and canceled tonight.

yeah, on one hand it seemed funny/bizarre with that sprinter on top of the pole, but seconds and inches and that driver could have been killed. Having unprotected pilings like that is going to get somebody killed sooner or later. That rear catch fence needs a serious work over IMO.

Back
Top Bottom