Xfinity 2017 Thread

He knows Road America it looks like
Katech Powers Ernie Francis Jr. to Another Trans Am Victory

upload_2017-8-24_11-17-37.jpeg

Ernie Francis Jr. posted a dominating – if unexpected – flag-to-flag victory in the First Energy 100 Trans Am Series race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Saturday and he depended on Katech Performance to get the job done.
Francis didn’t just win the race in his Breathless Racing/Buoniconti Fund/Beta Tools Ford Mustang. He set a race lap record (1 minute, 22.236 seconds) during the event. The former record had stood for five years.

http://www.thespeedjournal.com/news-trans-am-katech-powers-ernie-francis-jr-to-another-victory.php

always interesting when new blood shows up IMO, and road racing in Nascar always brings in some new ones to watch. Love or hate road races almost every year in one series or another it happens. 19 year old in a not so great team, but a good driver with a little luck can make up quite a bit of difference. He won't have an exotic cup built motor, but the rest of the car is pretty equal on a road course.

He knows Road America it looks like
Katech Powers Ernie Francis Jr. to Another Trans Am Victory

View attachment 28959

Ernie Francis Jr. posted a dominating – if unexpected – flag-to-flag victory in the First Energy 100 Trans Am Series race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Saturday and he depended on Katech Performance to get the job done.
Francis didn’t just win the race in his Breathless Racing/Buoniconti Fund/Beta Tools Ford Mustang. He set a race lap record (1 minute, 22.236 seconds) during the event. The former record had stood for five years.

http://www.thespeedjournal.com/news-trans-am-katech-powers-ernie-francis-jr-to-another-victory.php

That Mustang is bad ride, watched a few races this year and the kid is dominant.

Yeah I get those two tracks twisted up. At any rate, being a Trans Am champion the last three years, has an average finishing position of 1.2 so far and in 2016, 1.2 and in 2015 his first year, was 3.1. That is pretty impressive.

The flange-fit body will be introduced for races at Richmond, Dover and Phoenix this year in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. They are going to mess up the teams that want to run the steel body at these three races to give the flange fit body the advantage. Interesting race at Richmond coming up it looks like.

The problem with their experiment is that the dimples were too big. Smaller size dimples would be more efficient.
They gauged them in relation to the size difference between a golf ball and a car. That's one of my favorite Mythbuster episodes. :D

Not 2017 but none the less.....

NASCAR sets 2018 XFINITY Dash 4 Cash schedule; Talladega debuts

NASCAR announced Friday the four tracks that will compose the Dash 4 Cash incentive program in the 2018 NASCAR XFINITY Series, a springtime quartet that includes a first-time appearance by Talladega Superspeedway.

The four Dash 4 Cash races will be run consecutively on the overall series schedule, starting at Bristol Motor Speedway on April 14. From there, the bonus program rolls on to Richmond Raceway (April 20) and Talladega (April 28) before concluding at Dover International Speedway on May 5.

“We’re excited for the return of the very popular NASCAR XFINITY Series Dash 4 Cash program, which will take place at four unique race tracks in 2018,” said Jim Cassidy, NASCAR Senior Vice President of Racing Operations. “Each track demands different techniques and strategies, which will ultimately benefit the fans. It will again put a premium on the immense talent in the series, as the spotlight continues to shine on our rising stars during this four consecutive race stretch.”

Rules and formats for the four-race Dash 4 Cash program will be announced at a later date. The program offered up $100,000 paydays for eligible XFINITY Series regulars during Dash 4 Cash weekends last season.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...hedule-2018-bristol-richmond-talladega-dover/

Johnsonville 180
Sun, Aug 27 - 3:00p ET (NBC)
Road America - Plymouth, WI

Top 10 Final Practice

1 #20 James Davison 6 108.691 134.076 Leader
2 #42 Justin Marks 11 108.614 134.171 0.095
3 #22 Austin Cindric 6 108.402 134.433 0.357
4 #0 Cole Custer 9 108.235 134.640 0.564
5 #48 Brennan Poole 10 107.887 135.075 0.999
6 #16 Ryan Reed 9 107.771 135.220 1.144
7 #7 Justin Allgaier 8 107.703 135.306 1.230
8 #21 Daniel Hemric 8 107.519 135.537 1.461
9 #98 Casey Mears 10 107.490 135.573 1.497
10 #2 Ben Kennedy 11 107.480 135.586 1.510

James Davison, (call him Cole Trickle) driving with mellow yellow colors on his car from Australia fastest in the second practice.
Note: almost 100% chance of rain for the race tomorrow, Goodyear has plenty of rain tires

SUNDAY, August 27
11:45 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, CNBC (Follow live)
3 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Johnsonville 180 (45 laps, 182.16 miles), NBC (Follow live)

Today's notes:

Incessant caterwauling about Kyle Busch racing in Xfinity series to be replaced with intense whining about why the Cup Series doesn't use rain tires.

Today's notes:

Incessant caterwauling about Kyle Busch racing in Xfinity series to be replaced with intense whining about why the Cup Series doesn't use rain tires.

Caution laps and the length of them. That's going to be the gripe of the day. The messiah is the furthest thing from anyone's mind today.

I'm hoping for dry weather...wet can be interesting for a bit but too often it seems to turn into a ****show.

Marks, Gaughan, Francis Jr, Davison, maybe Cendric, I think he has had some wet experience. Probably will qualify well.

Pretty weak that they cancelled quali's.

Far-fetched prediction:

Cindric wins today and goes full-time in Xfinity next year, even though Chase Briscoe is the one who should get the call, if anybody.

Far-fetched prediction:

Cindric wins today and goes full-time in Xfinity next year, even though Chase Briscoe is the one who should get the call, if anybody.

You're making me sick to my stomach.

I hope it rains and rains and rains some more today, I don't remember seeing a rain race in NASCAR ever, I know I'm forgetting something

Far-fetched prediction:

I agree, I wish they'd bring the 12 full time to XNS too and just have Cindric and Briscoe both for EVERY single race, but DT has never been fond of not having of cuppers at least part time

I agree, I wish they'd bring the 12 full time to XNS too and just have Cindric and Briscoe both for EVERY single race, but DT has never been fond of not having of cuppers at least part time

Cindric needs another year in trucks with more oval experience. To see Cindric and Briscoe be full-time in the 12 and 22 would be cool, but with new Honda DPi program I wonder if Cindric would be the young shoe for that team. That would be cool to see.

Working hard to figure out why drivers in the lower series are even on one of the most challenging tracks in the world when: 1) Road course experience is limited, and 2) They won't ever see this track in Cup. Silly. MRN's call was awful, and it was a complete ****show IMO. That is not what I want to watch. Serious question: Was that good racing'?

Back
Top Bottom