Xfinity RACE thread --- Homestead

Regarding Sadler: I was never a fan of his. I didn't hate him, but just didn't care one way or another. This year I was rooting for him since it seems like he finishes second every year and I thought it would be nice for him to finally get a championship. The way he acted after the race made me wish I never rooted for him.

I am glad that Byron won the Xfinity championship after the fluky way that he lost the Truck championship last season.
It's also cool to get on here and find out that Cole Custer got his first Xfinity win. Hell yeah! :D

As far as Elliott Sadler goes, I can't say that I agree with his stance. I understand why he is upset, but Ryan Preece was racing for a championship, too.
The playoff format claims another victim. :rolleyes:

Sadler blew more than one chance to get around Byron. I counted at least three at different times in the race. Problem was he wouldn't have been able to hold it. Byron beat him down. I think the tantrum had a lot of that to do with it. He was beat and he knew it.

I can’t stand Sadler, but he’s a 3 time winner in Cup and competitive for the Xfinity title every year. Sport needs guys like that in the lower series.

I was at Cali when Sadler won the PopSecret Cup race (2004?.) It was pretty cool.
He isn’t Cup material. I hope he continues to have a ride in Xfin because he does add to the mix. I didn’t see the race or the post-race commentary but I think he has a place in the Xfin Series.

I can’t stand Sadler, but he’s a 3 time winner in Cup and competitive for the Xfinity title every year. Sport needs guys like that in the lower series.

Guys that keep losing to development drivers and then cry about it?

Sadler needs to act his age and be grateful he still has a ride in the lower series.

I think the 88 up there posted that Sadler would have won regular season points by over a hundred, I bet he was aware of that

Hopefully tomorrow's race has us talking as much as this race did. An exciting race with drama at the end. That's how a championship race should be!

I was at Cali when Sadler won the PopSecret Cup race (2004?.) It was pretty cool.
He isn’t Cup material. I hope he continues to have a ride in Xfin because he does add to the mix. I didn’t see the race or the post-race commentary but I think he has a place in the Xfin Series.

I think Sadler could still be pretty decent in cup if he got a good ride but if Kenseth and Kurt are without rides now noway he gets back in now.

I would LIKE to think that Sadler just didn't understand the situation with the 18, but I don't know. I had to leave the TV fairly soon after the race, so all I saw was his initial outburst. As much as I want to support Sadler as one "my guys", even if there was no car owner title on the line, Preece was STILL a lead lap car fighting for a finishing position, and that's all the justification he needed to race both the 9 and the 1 hard. As long as he didn't pull any crap (which in my opinion he didn't) I have no issue with how he raced the point leaders. Sadler has to remember that Preece is a part time guy fighting for a full time job. For him, every position counts and how well he stacks up against the championship contenders nay help determine his racing future.

What a dingleberry.

The wacky format sorta invites this entitled mentality among the final four, but it's still absolutely pathetic.These types don' t realize that if Preece as a capable competitor chooses to roll over and gift Sadler a position, that is actual interference in the championship race. Racing cleanly for position is not.

If only the "100% rule" were an actual enforceable rule, this "He didn't have to race us that hard!" crap would be off the table. He can't pull over for you, dip$hit.

Last edited:
Sadler has always been a dunce, so happy to see him let one slip away yet again. Byron was awesome and deserved to win the championship, congrats to him. Cole Custer dominating was awesome too. This has been such a great race weekend for me so far.

So far in both races the champion hasn't won the race, so much for the cheated up theory.

Don't think this was ever claimed about the lower series. @Allenbaba alluded to it last year and it confirmed some suspicions. That's been bandied about elsewhere, but none of it was in reference to Xfinity or Trucks.

:XXROFL:yeah right, they gave Jimmie a cheated up car. Wait I'll go get my tin foil. Larson just laid down on the last restart. Joey took out Carl to make it look good.

:XXROFL:yeah right, they gave Jimmie a cheated up car. Wait I'll go get my tin foil. Larson just laid down on the last restart. Joey took out Carl to make it look good.

It's a theory I'm happy to go along with.

Notice how there weren't any phony cautions in either the Truck or Xfinity races toward the end?

You will see plenty of them tomorrow. Including one for the final dash to the finish.

NASCAR 100% meddles.

It's a theory I'm happy to go along with.

Notice how there weren't any phony cautions in either the Truck or Xfinity races toward the end?

You will see plenty of them tomorrow. Including one for the final dash to the finish.

NASCAR 100% meddles.
For once i agree with you, this entire Final 4 crap will all be one big stage.

I like Sadler and his fried bologna sandwiches. That 18 messed up what would have been a great finish. Sadler needs to learn how to successfully spin a car in front of him without hurting his equipment. The 18 should have got the hell outa the way and let them 2 go at it. He was a half a lap or more down anyway.

I like Sadler and his fried bologna sandwiches. That 18 messed up what would have been a great finish. Sadler needs to learn how to successfully spin a car in front of him without hurting his equipment. The 18 should have got the hell outa the way and let them 2 go at it. He was a half a lap or more down anyway.
You being sarcastic, because if you aren't this is a really ridiculous post.

Right or wrong, I enjoyed every bit of the last 30 laps of that race.
Very entertaining with a lot of story lines playing out on many levels.
I think when Sadler has cooled down and studies the replay , he will
conclude he could have handled that pass a little differently.

I hope Jr./K. Miller become Cup owners in the future. They sure are a good Xfinity team.

The 18 was in front of Sadler and was racing for an owners championship

You being sarcastic, because if you aren't this is a really ridiculous post.
I'm not being sarcastic, if you dont like what I wrote ignore it. If this same scenario happened today with lets say the 22 holding up the 78 and 18 in the closing laps, you'd change your tune in a second.

Sadler seems to have forgotten that there was a normal race going on. I'm no fan of Preacher Jibbs but Preece was racing for position as he has every right to. One place at the pay window probably means more to a guy in Preece's shoes given his funding status. Sadler got out run .He has nothing to cry about.

Back
Top Bottom