Xfinity Series Thread 2018

Max Tullman to make his Xfinity debut, family is starting it own team, Doug Richert will be crew chief

I've seen this guy, but his results in ARCA are not too encouraging. Good luck to him and Doug is a long standing, very consistent CC though. I hope this goes better than his last couple of seasons with BK Racing.

I've seen this guy, but his results in ARCA are not too encouraging. Good luck to him and Doug is a long standing, very consistent CC though. I hope this goes better than his last couple of seasons with BK Racing.
He ran well at the plate races, he is a sports car racer so he is still learning the ovals. I hope he isnt moving up too fast he only has a couple truck starts

USCellular_Rasmussen.png

IOWA
Friday, July 27

5:05-5:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
6:35-7:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
Saturday, July 28
3:05 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App
5:20 p.m.: Race: NASCAR Xfinity Series U.S. Cellular 250 presented by The Rasmussen Group (250 laps, 218.75 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App

upload_2018-7-24_8-22-29.png

In the coming weeks the XFINITY series hits:
Iowa
Watkins Glen
Mid Ohio
Bristol
Road America
& Darlington (day race)
This section of the schedule is AMAZING 3 stand-alones plus major differences and challenges on each track and the potential for a whacky rain tire race or short track slug fest... culminating in a hot slick Darlington surface baking in the sun. If there's ever time to watch the series it's NOW. Strap in the summer is just heating up. We're positioned to see some wild finishes.

Tommy Joe may not be the best driver, but his insightful thoughts and viewpoints from the other side of the fence is refreshing to hear.

Tommy Joe may not be the best driver, but his insightful thoughts and viewpoints from the other side of the fence is refreshing to hear.
That is one opinion of Tommy Joe Martins, and you are entitled to it. I subscribe to another opinion... that he is completely out of his league in Xfinity, and constantly whining about that.

I think the usual suspects will be in the mix, Bell and Hemric, Sadler and Allgaier are usually at the top of the finishing order, with Custer close and wild cards Nemechek and Tifft. Reddick and Lee are hit an miss and then there is the new guy in the 23 Roderick. Going to be a good race Qualifying at 3:00 p.m. NBCSN

Zippo200.jpg

Friday, August 3

12:35-1:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
2:05-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
Saturday, August 4
11:35 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
3 p.m.: Race: NASCAR Xfinity Series Zippo 200 (82 laps, 200.9 miles), NBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

That isn't the greatest car, but no doubt she is going to give it a good ride and will be fun to watch. I'm hoping for a top ten in qualifying to get a good start at it.

That isn't the greatest car, but no doubt she is going to give it a good ride and will be fun to watch. I'm hoping for a top ten in qualifying to get a good start at it.
That won't happen. I remember her being a moving chicane in the DTM in 2010 and in IndyCar in 2012. I'd say she spins 5 times at Mid-Ohio and three times at Road America.
If I was an owner and I needed to hire a female road course ringer, I'd take Sabine Schmitz:).

That won't happen. I remember her being a moving chicane in the DTM in 2010 and in IndyCar in 2012. I'd say she spins 5 times at Mid-Ohio and three times at Road America.
If I was an owner and I needed to hire a female road course ringer, I'd take Sabine Schmitz:).

She was not that bad in Indycar she was stuck with an underpowered Lotus. We seen Tagliani almost win a race in Xfinity Series, so a top 10 isn't being unreasonable.

Showing Mike Skeen at the top of the leaderboard. This wringer isn't going to give any respect to the regulars, he is real good, but aggressive will be an understatement IMO.

The NBC sports app was improved, I didn't loose the feed once for either practice. Might be different come race time. Lots of complaints about that app, hope they fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom