Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2017 edition

Congratulations @Rick the current leader
Rick has averaged 323 points over the last nine races, and 329 points over the last 6 races.

How the hell that guy can be that good every week and still pass the post race inspection is beyond me . . . :rolleyes:

How the hell that guy can be that good every week and still pass the post race inspection is beyond me . . . :rolleyes:

Rick has been awesome! I'm (GreenGoldCheckered) trying to hang with some of these guys and it's been a challenge.

Almost clawed my way into the top 40.

Congrats to Klemmabyna on this week's win. Thanks Rick for the help, but you have to slow down a bit more to help me. :)
You will have another shot before this is over lol
About time for a trip into the wall. :D
Summer isn't even over yet and your already nominating me for the RFYFL Wall of Fame.:wub:
Not entirely true. My 42 lost me 10 points post qualifying.:mad:
Maybe he's using Logano's rear suspension and Larsons rear duct work and side fin. :idunno:
Thing is "you can't see me, my time is now."
Rick has been awesome! I'm (GreenGoldCheckered) trying to hang with some of these guys and it's been a challenge.
I'm sittin 86'th in the YFR world and still only half a race ahead. This RF league is the real deal.
Never been the Karma type, new Daddy @Rick has been a roll since his son was born.

"Everythings great." It's been an awesome summer. Having my son is amazing and yea the race we watched at the hospital was when my YFL upswing began. My Goodyears have been holding air and lately "nobody can pass me." Up to now this has easily been my strongest run. "All we do is win." If Goodyear can keep making tires that hold air and we have a power shift there's a chance "we're goin to Homestead."

The current RF YFL overall standings after Indianapolis, Race 20 of 36. July 23, 2017
Screenshot_2017-07-24-04-50-24-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Indianapolis race 20 of 36. July 23, 2017
Screenshot_2017-07-24-05-15-08-1.png

When Truex took Rowdy into the wall with him, I thought my roster was toast. Luckily, the race became so wild from there that it seems everyone's rosters were turned inside out, and by the end it turned out I'd not only picked the actual race winner anyway (THANK YOU, KASEY, FOR BREAKING YOUR DROUGHT ON A WEEK WHERE I PICKED YOU!), but my other B-lister was Newman, the next highest finishing member of that group. And despite them both crashing out, I still got enough race points off McDowell and enough bonus points off Rowdy to boost my overall score into what turned out to be my best total and first top five finish since Pocono.

And of course, now we come back to Pocono, where I once again aim high.

Mainly, because of this thread, I don't like Monday's! I've got to come up with a new strategy. Maybe one where I actually pick a team of drivers that don't have to be interviewed from the Infield Care Center on a weekly basis. Or, maybe one where the wining driver isn't sitting on my bench that week.

In the meantime, for your listening pleasure, the Boomtown Rats - I don't like Monday's.

Forgot to mention that this did wonders for me in the points, both segment (+13) and season (+5).

How to solidify a 29th place in the standings:

WK GRP # Driver FIN PTS Drivers Worst
1 A 20 Matt Kenseth 40 12 X
18 A 2 Brad Keselowski 39 14 X
20 B 24 Chase Elliott 39 14 X
13 B 17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 39 24 X
6 B 1 Jamie McMurray 38 16 X
7 B 5 Kasey Kahne 38 16 X
14 B 1 Jamie McMurray 37 18
10 B 3 Austin Dillon 36 20 X
8 A 18 Kyle Busch 35 22
17 A 78 Martin Truex Jr. 34 24
20 A 78 Martin Truex Jr. 33 36
1 B 14 Clint Bowyer 32 28 X
18 B 41 Kurt Busch 30 32
20 B 14 Clint Bowyer 30 32
17 B 42 Kyle Larson 29 34
1 B 1 Jamie McMurray 28 46
16 B 42 Kyle Larson 26 60

How to solidify a 29th place in the standings:

WK GRP # Driver FIN PTS Drivers Worst
1 A 20 Matt Kenseth 40 12 X
18 A 2 Brad Keselowski 39 14 X
20 B 24 Chase Elliott 39 14 X
13 B 17 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 39 24 X
6 B 1 Jamie McMurray 38 16 X
7 B 5 Kasey Kahne 38 16 X
14 B 1 Jamie McMurray 37 18
10 B 3 Austin Dillon 36 20 X
8 A 18 Kyle Busch 35 22
17 A 78 Martin Truex Jr. 34 24
20 A 78 Martin Truex Jr. 33 36
1 B 14 Clint Bowyer 32 28 X
18 B 41 Kurt Busch 30 32
20 B 14 Clint Bowyer 30 32
17 B 42 Kyle Larson 29 34
1 B 1 Jamie McMurray 28 46
16 B 42 Kyle Larson 26 60
You wanna see how to solidify a 40th place in the standings....
sarcastic.gif

congrats to the co-winners. Those are good scores considering what the race was like. I only had one driver that finished, and didn't make it to 200 points. It's been a rough summer. I hope my picks will start finishing races. Thanks for waiting for me Rick, but I'm not sure if it will help me.

congrats to the co-winners. Those are good scores considering what the race was like. I only had one driver that finished, and didn't make it to 200 points. It's been a rough summer. I hope my picks will start finishing races. Thanks for waiting for me Rick, but I'm not sure if it will help me.
A tough day for sure

This week I get to take a blind shot at picking my roster. I couldn't be any worse than I've have been lately. I'll be on the road to Sonoma, for the NHRA races, before qualifying even starts. Have to get up extra early for the F2, and F1 races, before we leave. Good luck everyone, I'll have a little extra fun while I'm there, for all of you.

This week I get to take a blind shot at picking my roster. I couldn't be any worse than I've have been lately.

You had the same dud driver I did, one top ten that I had, and two other top tens that were better than my other top tens. Take that as you will.

I'll be on the road to Sonoma, for the NHRA races, before qualifying even starts. Have to get up extra early for the F2, and F1 races, before we leave.

Hope you've been having fun, dude.

Good luck everyone, I'll have a little extra fun while I'm there, for all of you.

Just not too much extra, make sure you get back in one piece... ;)

The current RF YFL overall standings after the Long Pond race (aka Pocono). Race 21 of 36, July 30th, 2017
Screenshot_2017-07-30-19-28-41-1.png

Note to self: Stop trying to aim high with Ryan Blaney. He's too unpredictable. But then again, my original plan was to use Larson today (until he said he was struggling in race setup), and he turned out even worse, under similarly unpredictable circumstances to those that took down Blaney.

Either way, finishing tied for 20th with one dud driver seems about right for these big tracks, where (other than Indy), it seems like you have to have four top tens minimum in order to contend. I did only drop two spots in both the segment and the season, and this is still a noticeably better score than the other races since Michigan-1.

On to Watkins Glen.

Congratulations Nicho, you are great again. I know Rick had a rough one yesterday, and I had the best day I've had during the summer segment. I'm a little closer, but nothing to worry about ...yet. Had a great time yesterday, no crashes, or oil downs. I think the best racing was some of the sportsman classes, very close finishes. The amazing thing about the nitro cars is, you can feel the sound of the engines, all through your body, and that was before we got into the stands. Fantastic weather, and had a nice barbecue after it was over. I had enough fun for everyone, and still had some left over. I had an interesting conversation with another spectator, but I will post it in the appropriate thread. Congrats again Nicho.

Congratulations Nicho with the win, and a league winning 3 wins for the season.

A tough few weeks for @Rick but still same for the last 11 races, he still is averaging over 306 points per race.
@UNI Panthers is having a great season too, and only trails by 48 points.

There are a lot of teams that still have a legitimate shot, and whoever wins the thing will be worthy. They are going to have to beat a lot of good teams to make it happen.

Looks like I'm not alone in trying to get used to this short window between the end of qualifying and the start of the race.

Some of the reference sites appear to be getting a whole lot of activity right about now as players select their starters.

The Current RF YFL overall standings after Watkins Glen, Race 22 of 36. August 5, 2017
Screenshot_2017-08-06-19-40-31-1.png

This is so bizarre. I barely bothered to set my field last week...I think I remembered with enough time to swap my drivers. And I managed to win. This week I completely forgot to do anything, and luckily Truex won again, and so did I. I'm not going to push my luck forgetting it another week.

Congrats Nicho, you've been great again for two weeks in a row. You're starting to peak at the right time. Rick keeps getting farther ahead, a little at a time. As long as he doesn't stumble like I did, he will be hard to catch.

This is so bizarre. I barely bothered to set my field last week...I think I remembered with enough time to swap my drivers. And I managed to win. This week I completely forgot to do anything, and luckily Truex won again, and so did I. I'm not going to push my luck forgetting it another week.

Congratulations Nichodemus great job
I have had a difficult time putting together the weekly performance results. Not sure what is going on with my phone. I will post them sometime later today, ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom