Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2017 edition

So, yeah, I kind of wrote this off as a "throwaway" weekend anyway, I just didn't expect to get so little lift from Logano. Not that Harvick would've been that much better. Easily my worst finishing position of the season, even if I still haven't (yet) gone below my Daytona 500 total. I throw away many more of these weekends, and even managing a tenth-fifteenth place points finish for the season may be a challenge. Time to take the gloves off again...

Last edited:
The current RF YFL overall standings after Michigan, Race 23 of 36. August 13, 2017.
Screenshot_2017-08-13-19-43-44-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Michigan II, Race 23 of 36. August 13, 2017.

(hopefully no errors, my phone has not been cooperating the last two weeks, and this page is a few splices put together. If any errors are detected, please point them out).
Screenshot_2017-08-13-20-12-05-1.png

So, yeah, I kind of wrote this off as a "throwaway" weekend anyway, I just didn't expect to get so little lift from Logano. Not that Harvick would've been that much better. Easily my worst finishing position of the season, even if I still haven't (yet) gone below my Daytona 500 total. I throw away many more of these weekends, and even managing a tenth-fifteenth place points finish for the season may be a challenge. Time to take the gloves off again...

Congratulations on the win. Great job.

Oh. My. GOD! I WIN! I WIN! IWINIWINIWIN!

Congratulations on the win. Great job.

Thanks, dude. This feels so fantastic. It's like a weight came off my back by getting this done.

So, basically, what happened this weekend is that I took my June roster, dropped the drivers (other than Suarez) who didn't perform and put in ones who did on both the Bench and the Actives, then after evaluating practice decided to bench Logano and put in Truex, keep Jones (who was my C-List starter from the initial set) despite starting the above-mentioned Suarez in June, and of course sit pat on both Elliott and Larson (swapping out the former for Blaney burned me in June).

That last caution terrified me because I knew all my Actives except Larson had old tires despite every single one being in the top five. After the race I was worried someone else got the top three and a better second B-Lister than Elliott (because everyone between him and Jones was on the B-List), until YFR updated the standings and that goose egg in my win column turned into a one.

I am noticing that my bounceback this week is smaller than in prior instances of good finishes after multiple bad ones in a row, probably indicative of how deep into the season we are. But hey, getting back to eleventh in the segment and season is still pretty good.

Now to Bristol, the first of the tracks where I did well in April.

Last edited:
Congrats Nodonyet, really good picks. You are lucky that Yahoo doesn't cucumber points. JK. I had a poor week, but I picked up some ground on Rick for the year, and dropped like a rock in the summer segment.

I thought leaving Kahne in while Kurt and Newman were on the bench would cost me but 1-2 with Kyle Busch and Erik Jones bailed me out.

Congrats TeaBagger41 on the win. I pretty much lost any chance of winning this year, no way to make up that much ground, with the starts I have left. Good luck everyone.

Congrats TeaBagger41 on the win. I pretty much lost any chance of winning this year, no way to make up that much ground, with the starts I have left. Good luck everyone.

Who knows, it is a torrid pace. There are probably many teams with the same dilemma.
And even if the championship becomes unrealistic, go for a top 5 or a top 10. With 50 teams entered this year, a top 10 is still a good job, very respectable.

I've slowly gained over the past three weeks. The "C" will be tricky. I thought I was solid by being able to use either Dillon, Jones or Suarez for the rest if the year, but Dillon hasnt been doing anything as of late. Could be tough to decide who to use.

Who knows, it is a torrid pace. There are probably many teams with the same dilemma.
And even if the championship becomes unrealistic, go for a top 5 or a top 10. With 50 teams entered this year, a top 10 is still a good job, very respectable.
I'm not giving up, but it is disappointing to be that close, then have it all collapse. I should be used to it by now.

Meanwhile in RFYFLville after 24 of 36 or 2/3rds of the season being done, the intensity only increases.

The underground RFYFL fanatasy fantasy leage that actully picks which RFYFL Fantasy team is going to win it all, is going insane. Who to pick?

@UNI Panthers has quitely wittled the lead down to only five points.
Maybe the most understated team of the year.
Then there are the runs @Rick and @Nicodemus have recently had.

No one is safe, a lot of good teams in the top 10 and close to the top 10. Everyone still has good chance, a lot of peaks and valleys in store, based on remaining options.
It will go dowm to the final lap, and just a few points making the difference.

My real downfall was putting in Ty Dillon and benching McDowell, but using Bowyer instead of Bayne didn't help either. If I'd set based only on final practice I would've done better (but still not great, since Dillon out-paced McDowell in both practices). Four steps forward, one step back, like the treadmill at my gym. Time to see what Darlington holds...

The current RF YFL overall standings after Darlington, race 25 of 36. September 3rd, 2017
Screenshot_2017-09-03-23-19-40-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Darlington, Race 25 of 36. September 3rd, 2017.
Screenshot_2017-09-03-23-41-07-1.png

I usually do so badly that when I do something good, it surprises me. Had the second, third and seventh picks. WOOPIE!! Kicked me up in the standings. Two races in a row that moved me upward but why jinx my luck. :rolleyes:

Missing the boat on Hamlin stings, I would've had a top ten finish if I'd played him instead of Harvick. On the other hand, I had Bowyer active at one point but swapped him for Austin Dillon, which replaced a dead last with a top five. Given how poorly I've tended to do when I haven't been getting top fives during the summer segment, I'll take 300+ points and a 17th place finish, especially since I gained back my lost ground from Bristol.

Now to Richmond, and a shot at finishing top ten this segment.

The current RF YFL overall standings after Richmond, race 26 of 36. September 9, 2017

Screenshot_2017-09-10-07-52-42-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Richmond, race 26 of 36. September 9, 2017
Screenshot_2017-09-10-08-13-08-1.png

Sweet Jesus! Just dropped from 26th to 40th in one swell foop. That's what I get for doing so well two weeks in a row. :rolleyes:

I botched my swaps (Newman out, Bowyer in on the B-list; McDowell out, Ragan in on the C-List). Plain and simple. If I'd sat on my original roster I would've been just fine, and probably would've gotten that segment top ten I wanted. Oh well. Playoff time.

Wat to go Molo, nice win. @Roman Nodonyet, it's really funny that I made the the exact same mistake. I'm glad the Summer segment is over, I really took a beating this year. I am in the exact same position I was in at this time last year. 300 points down with 10 races to go. It's win big, or sleep in the street time.

Congratulations to @pjmolo, this has to be one of the most popular wins ever.

Thanks, @Greg.

After I was taken out of commission with an unexpected "grabber" my son made my picks for the Richmond race.

Guess maybe all of those thoughts and prayers coming my way did more than just help in my recovery . . .

The current RF YFL overall is standings after Chicagoland (really actually Joliet Illinoise).Race 27 of 36. September 17th, 2017.
Screenshot_2017-09-17-20-46-54-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Chicagoland, Race 27 of 36. September 17, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-09-17-20-58-45-1.png

This week I made the right swaps and got four top fifteens and a pretty good bonus point total out of it, even if that pit road botch by Rowdy kinda stung. Still, the bonus points I got from him made him a stronger pick than Kenseth (who I swapped to the bench), and all in all it was enough to get me a top ten (and nearly a top five), which starts my playoff segment on the right foot (not to mention I just re-entered the top ten for the season for the first time since Indy).

I'll take the 316. The best part of the week is that I didnt waste an Eric Jones pick as he was my benched C driver.

Back
Top Bottom