Fired Up Friday Question(s)

I think Danica has a better chance to win Cup championship then New Hampshire races going under the lights, since the county wont allow the track to have lights, per what I have read and my understanding, so its more a mute point to be talking about it.

Now Martinsville under lights, YES PLEASE

I think Danica has a better chance to win Cup championship then New Hampshire races going under the lights, since the county wont allow the track to have lights, per what I have read and my understanding, so its more a mute point to be talking about it.

Now Martinsville under lights, YES PLEASE
Dream on. MUSCO lighting has been seen @Loudon by my operatives. Canterbury High School's library has been named the Smith library. New infrastructure was completed last year to handle "expansion".
Danica runs solid top 30's.

Dream on. MUSCO lighting has been seen @Loudon by my operatives. Canterbury High School's library has been named the Smith library. New infrastructure was completed last year to handle "expansion".
Danica runs solid top 30's.
Well, you took that the wrong way, I am not dreaming that Danica will when the Championship.

Like I said, its my understanding that no one up there wants night racing, now, money does change peoples mind, but I also understand that Burton Smith and the local police chief are not on good terms, and its was reported that he refuses to provide any LEO for the track if there was a night race, and its also my understanding that no other LEA can provide services for the track.

Now all of this I read on the internet, and we all know how that is......................

Well, you took that the wrong way, I am not dreaming that Danica will when the Championship.

Like I said, its my understanding that no one up there wants night racing, now, money does change peoples mind, but I also understand that Burton Smith and the local police chief are not on good terms, and its was reported that he refuses to provide any LEO for the track if there was a night race, and its also my understanding that no other LEA can provide services for the track.

Now all of this I read on the internet, and we all know how that is......................
Mind posting a link to any of these articles? Or did they suddenly disappear?

Who, besides me, has been to Loudon lately?
Look around, lights are coming....
NH State Police are there,as well as Laconia, Tilton, Canterbury, Franklin and Manchester Police. Secret Service, Rooster Cogburn, Harry Callahan and Boba Fett have all been involved in law enforcement /@ NHMS.

I don't see the big deal with putting lights at Loudon. If anyone has ever been to the track, it isn't really in town or close to anything. I don't see what would be disturbed by lights being there.

As for the temperatures, I don't see New England race fans caring that much. The local short track runs on Friday night and there isn't a bubble of warm air around Northern New England short tracks.

Question #1

On Wednesday Tony Stewart said “I’d love for the Truck Series to not be the only NASCAR series that comes here. If this continues to go as well as we hope it does, there is no reason the other two divisions couldn't possibly come in the future.” Over or under on having two of NASCAR’s top-3 National Series running on dirt at Eldora Speedway in the future?

Question #2

NASCAR has raced at the IMS for 20 years - what is your biggest memory of the Brickyard 400?

Question #3

There have been 11 winners so far in the Sprint Cup Series and there are 7 races left - how many drivers get into the Chase by wins and how many get in by points?

I say under. As good as it has turned out so far, only the Truck Series will continue to run on dirt @ Eldora.

Unfortunately the tire debacle.

13 by wins, 3 by points.

1. Under

2. I used to be a Dale Jarrett fan when he was driving, so probably his wins in '96 and '99.

3. 13 winners, 3 on points

#1: I would love to see more dirt racing....maybe Robbie Gordon would make a come back? Especially love to see cup regulars on dirt. How about making the race in the chase?

#2: Not a huge Gordon fan, but can't argue with Booger's win.
#3: 9 on wins and 7 on ponts.

Car no 10 will be one of them! Gotta believe!

1. don't think that is going to happen, too much will take the novelty away.
2. 2011 Menard's first and only win in 274 starts
3. one more winner, 12 and four

1. I don't see it happening.

2. Seeing Jarrett kiss the bricks, I think he was the first one to do it and now the Indycar teams do it.

3. 12, I figure Kenseth is the only one who can win one but someone might sneak one in (any given Sunday...)

trucks only @ eldora.

being there....when they fired engines....got green flag .....1st brickyard !
entire huge crowd was electric !
even made dega / daytona crowds seem small time when compared.

gotta stick w/ my 16 winners ......non on points . ha!

Question #1

Which driver still being winless in 2014 is the bigger surprise? Matt Kenseth or Tony Stewart.

Question #2

How many more winners do we get in the regular season's final 6 races to add to the current 11?

Question #3

Was the penalty given to the #11 team too harsh?

I've got to go with Kenseth. After last season's tally of 7 wins, he's the biggest surprise of those two to me.

6 races to go, maybe 1 more winner.

I think the penalty was just fine. Heck, it's what they had spelled out at the beginning of the season with their new penalty chart. So many seem to want him disqualified from the Chase. I think that would be extreme.

Question #1

Which driver still being winless in 2014 is the bigger surprise? Matt Kenseth or Tony Stewart.

Question #2

How many more winners do we get in the regular season's final 6 races to add to the current 11?

Question #3

1. Kenseth
2. 3
3. No.

Matt Kenseth is surprising - Stewart is disappointing.

Zero

Aside from hurting their momentum going into the chase I don't really see it as being harsh given the points system.

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3

1. Matt Kenseth
2. Two
3. Not even close

1) Smoke

2) 5 Smoke takes two

3) What penalty? No pain, no strain sounds like vacation time.

1. Kenseth
2. Two
3. No

1. Kenseth. 7 wins last year and none this year has been a surprise. I wasn't really expecting Tony to do much this year.

2. Seems like they ask this every Friday, but I'll stick with my previous answer of 2.

3. Nope.

1. Kenseth last year was the surprise, he has a few win less years. Stewart, if he doesn't win, will be his first win less year ever. And that will bring out the press and the most buzz because that's a big deal. But Stewart will eat a couple of the new ones for breakfast and that will shut them up at least when he can get a hold of them.
2. 1
3. nah, hopefully if they find a P4 or 5 in the chase they take them out of it. Be kinda cool if the last 5 races before the chase they ratchet up the penalties, take away half a win or the whole win depending on the infraction(s).

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3

1. Kenseth, especially after last year. Tony is still nursing a leg.
2. 0
3. No. Not harsh enough. Doesnt effect his championship run.

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3

Question #1 - Kenseth is more surprising without a win simply because of two factors, Tony broke his leg last year and he wasn't having a great year last year anyway. Going into this year, you expected Kenseth to win.

Question #2 - One. Kenseth

Question #3 - No.

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3

Kenseth

Two more.

No.

Question #1

Does Marcos Ambrose win on Sunday at Watkins Glen or not?

Question #2

Numbers are an integral part of sports. In Baseball the homerun record is cherished, in football it’s the single season rushing record. What is the most important number in ‪NASCAR‬?

Question #3:

What Sprint Cup driver has put together a solid but "under the radar" season so far in 2014?​

Marcos has a lot of pressure on him this week to get this win. I don't think it's going to happen.

By far the number of titles is the most important number in NASCAR. Most everyone seems to rate the drivers off of that number alone.

I'm going to say Carl Edwards. Sitting on two wins heading into the Chase. Nobody's really taking about him. A threat to win it all.

dpkimmel2001 said:
Question #1 Does Marcos Ambrose win on Sunday at Watkins Glen or not? Question #2 Numbers are an integral part of sports. In Baseball the homerun record is cherished, in football it’s the single season rushing record. What is the most important number in ‪NASCAR‬? Question #3: What Sprint Cup driver has put together a solid but "under the radar" season so far in 2014?

No

Titles

Bowyer or Newman

Question #1

Question #2

Numbers are an integral part of sports. In Baseball the homerun record is cherished, in football it’s the single season rushing record. What is the most important number in ‪NASCAR‬?

Question #3:

What Sprint Cup driver has put together a solid but "under the radar" season so far in 2014?​
1. Hard to say, he's always a serious threat.
2. 200 Petty wins.
3. Austin Dillion with everyone keeping eyes on Kyle Larson

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3:

#1 - Yes
#2 - Cup championships
#3 - Paul Menard

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3:

1. No.
2. titles.
3.Carl Edwards. He is 8th and the only way anyone talks about him seems to be in reference who is driving for in 2015

1. No.
2. titles.
3.Carl Edwards. He is 8th and the only way anyone talks about him seems to be in reference who is driving for in 2015
Yep. Those are my thoughts on Carl. I hate the cliche 'You have to lose one to win one' but if anyone were poised to do that, it'd be him.

Back
Top Bottom