Fired Up Friday Question(s)

#1 Nope, too much competition, better equipment this year. It takes more than just a great driver to win nowadays.

#2 I'd have to say titles, then wins.

#3 Carl Edwards for sure, haven't heard a peep from him even though he's got two wins.

Does Marcos Ambrose win on Sunday at Watkins Glen or not?
Even though he probably has the best chance overall, I still think the odds are not in his favor. Like everyone else has said, the competition is just too good. If he was a Jimmy Johnson, winning on all sorts of tracks AND he was also a master road racer, then maybe I'd say yes.

Numbers are an integral part of sports. In Baseball the homerun record is cherished, in football it’s the single season rushing record. What is the most important number in ‪NASCAR‬?
Drivers age.

What Sprint Cup driver has put together a solid but "under the radar" season so far in 2014?

I guess I'd have to agree with everyone else. Carl Edwards, in spite of RFR, is doing a decent job this year.

1. No, the car isn't competitive. I figure Ambrose will make a good showing but won't have enough car in the end.

2. # of titles followed by # of wins.

3. Newman - top 10 and they don't cover him on TV.

1. All eyes will be on Ambrose, more pressure than ever. I don't think he will win, but I think he will get a top 5 finish.
2.. Always will be talking about the King when it comes to wins and championships
3. Ambrose. Never hear a word, but he has cleaned up his driving this year and finishing races. He is in the 17th spot and threatening to point his way into the chase without a win. Doing more with less then the rest of them ahead of him IMO.

1) Well after what happened last year, Ambrose is comming into Sundays event super hungry & looking for some redemption. Especially with his team car already having been to victorylane & the possibility that this season is his final run in that car.
2) IMHO, Championships are by far the most important stat in NASCAR. Lots of drivers have won 30, 40, & 50 or so races but only 4 have won 4 or more Winston Cups & as of this writing, only 2 have 7.
3) I am not a fan of Carl, but you gotta admit he has been steady this season & the media hasn't really talked much about him other than where he's touching down next season.

1. I hope Ambrose wins.
2. Wins not titles IMO
3. Menard, with the last 2 races maybe derailing his season.

yes
not countin daytona ?......am a larson fan...but.....dillon

1) no

2) before chase i thought titles..Johnson changed that.......now top 5 & 10's

3) i say Newman.........but he's usually just in chase or just out of it really.

1) Does Marcos Ambrose win on Sunday at Watkins Glen or not?
Odds are against him, so I say no.

2) Numbers are an integral part of sports. In Baseball the homerun record is cherished, in football it’s the single season rushing record. What is the most important number in ‪NASCAR‬?
WINS. However, I would probably say championships if there were no playoff system.

3) What Sprint Cup driver has put together a solid but "under the radar" season so far in 2014?
Ryan Newman. He's 5th in points!!!, yet I rarely ever hear anyone mention him on TV.

No
Wins
Ryan Newman

Question #1 - If HMS wins the championship this year, which driver wins the title for them?

Question #2 - Will Jeff Gordon get 100 wins during his career?

Question #3 - What would make a more entertaining Bristol night race - having it in the Chase or out?

I'm going with Jeff Gordon. He's finally gotten over his 'I don't care attitude' and will bring the hardware home. I'll be rooting for Jr. though.

Jeff will get his 100th win before he retires.

In the Chase. How could that not make it a more exciting race?

Question #1 - If HMS wins the championship this year, which driver wins the title for them?

Question #3 - What would make a more entertaining Bristol night race - having it in the Chase or out?
1. Jeff Gordon please

2. If he stays in his current form, yes.

3. I'd say make it the cut off race before the chase (how richmond is now) & itll be the most exciting.

I'm going with Jeff Gordon. He's finally gotten over his 'I don't care attitude' and will bring the hardware home. I'll be rooting for Jr. though.

Agree on all counts.

1. Smoke
2. 0
3. No

1. Gordon
2. No
3. In the chase!

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. No
3. out. Leave it alone in late August.

This. ^^^^^

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Close, but no
3. I like ChexOrWrex's idea of having it the last race before the chase starts, then move Richmond into the chase.

1) Gotta go with Jimmie
2) He's too close to not want that triple digit, figure 3 or 4 more seasons
3) Bristol would be better in the Chase, get rid of Loudon...

1....does harvick count ?
2.....nope...retires before that.....wifey..kids...back.
3....in ...replace dover...#3 race
w/ bruton's dome......replace phoenix...#9 race
8 cars down ta 4 in that race would be awesome !

1. Gordon. Top form right now and I really think the package suits his driving the best.

2. yes but not much more then that.

3. Chase race/

Question #1 - Do you or do you not want to see contact coming to the checkered flag?

Question #2 - Do you think someone will “win and get in” at RIR tomorrow night? If so, who?

Question #3 - A year after “Spin Gate", has the sport moved on?

1) I'd love to see a couple win and get in drivers banging doors to the finish line. That would be great for the sport.

2) I don't think we're going to see a new winner. It'll be a driver already qualified for the Chase that takes the hardware.

3) The sport has moved on but most fans haven't.

Question #1 - Do you or do you not want to see contact coming to the checkered flag?

Question #2 - Do you think someone will “win and get in” at RIR tomorrow night? If so, who?

1. Checkers or wreckers.

2. No

3. If anything its gotten worse with the chase system & opens the door for more team cheating strategies.

1- Yep.
2- Nope
3- Nascar will move on regardless.

1- keep it clean to the flag

2 - no

3 - I agree w/dpk the sport has moved on and some fans haven't

If it happens, it happens. I hope that the drivers will push themselves to win every race, not just this one. If somebody pushes too hard and makes contact, fine with me.

From what I've seen, it doesn't seem too likely.

For the most part, yes. Things change so often now, that seems like years and years ago.

I'd like to see Larson take out Clint Bowyer coming out of turn #4 for the win or insert just about any names in there.

1. Some beating and banging is OK, I just don't wanna see anybody get flat-out dumped.

2. Probably not, but Bowyer and Larson have the best shot.

3. Some people are still hung up on it, but I think most people are over it.

1. Door to door beating and banging...none of this cheap shot,chrome horn BS.

2. Bowyer and Kenseth stand just as good as chance as anyone of winning.

3. The fans may not have moved on but the fans are what make Nascar.

1. Love door on door banging. If it was for the win so much the better and even better than that if its two win less drivers.
2.Yes. Going with my heart here-Patrick
3. Fans need something to argue about, sometimes wonder if anyone moves on from anything. lol.

If someone without a win who is in second on the last lap doesn't do everything they have to do to win tomorrow and that includes dumping the leader to win, they should be fired. Not that I like dumping a guy for the win but the chase is that important to the teams.

1. Checkers or wreckers.

2. No

3. If anything its gotten worse with the chase system & opens the door for more team cheating strategies.

^^^^this

Although it would be nice to think that the sport has moved on, the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

So far there hasn't appeared to be any collusion among teammates where one guy "pulls up" in order to let another guy get a win.

But we've still got Richmond, and three more elimination races during the Chase, where there's certainly the potential for some funny stuff to happen.

Back
Top Bottom