2016/17 Fall Winter Weather Thread

I see there is a possibility of winter weather in the Carolina's this weekend.Wife is complaining about her 2014 Honda Pilot not having AWD.I knew if we bought one with AWD she would not hesitate to drive on roads regardless of conditions,that's scary.I guess grocery stores will be racking up sales Friday.

I see there is a possibility of winter weather in the Carolina's this weekend.Wife is complaining about her 2014 Honda Pilot not having AWD.I knew if we bought one with AWD she would not hesitate to drive on roads regardless of conditions,that's scary.I guess grocery stores will be racking up sales Friday.
It is kinda funny but mostly sad that people with AWD or 4x4's think they are invincible. A false sense of security. We've got two 4x4's but we know very well the limitations. I don't know of a place that I can't go or any snow that can keep me from getting there but you've still gotta drive smart.

Been raining all day here. Cool and cloudy tomorrow and then more rain Saturday into next week. It's about time.

Sitting @ -2.7 this morning with a fresh 2" of snow. That's -19.2 for my friends north of the boarder.

While that was a minimal accumulation of snow yesterday afternoon/evening, it caught unprepared motorist and PennDOT by surprise. Wrecks and lane closures all over the area late yesterday afternoon. It was almost like everyone was learning how to drive again in snowy conditions.

Supposed to be 28 here tonight with a chance of snow and or sleet and 22 tomorrow night.

I'm in the 8-12' range of snow forecast for the east coast storm. Couldn't be worse timing. Was planning on leaving first thing in the morning, now I'm leaving tonight to beat the storm. Glad I'm missing it, but kinda bummed too. Would have made for some great pictures.

I'm in the 8-12' range of snow forecast for the east coast storm. Couldn't be worse timing. Was planning on leaving first thing in the morning, now I'm leaving tonight to beat the storm. Glad I'm missing it, but kinda bummed too. Would have made for some great pictures.
Yikes!
We're gonna get some more glorious rain tomorrow and more next week. I have to work tomorrow but I don't mind the rain, we really need every bit we can get.
I'm good as long as it doesn't snow :)

23° now. Got 4 inches of snow yesterday and another 4-8 inches is forecast for today. :(

aw krap, it's started snowing again and at this rate it looks like it'll be 8 inches plus.

The rain has really been welcomed here. Rained steady all last night and into today. I worked today in the rain but I didn't mind.
Supposed to get another inch+ on Monday and some more Wednesday.
Not a big deal for most parts of the US but cool for Los Angeles. They say it's a rain period seen only every ten years.
Maybe we get out of the drought for a bit :)

This was a coastal storm, officially we got 10.7 inches, the coast, 20 miles to my south got a foot+, north of me less,
A blizzard is defined here as steady 30 mph wings lasting 3 hours. Missed it by this much><
Some little idjits like this stuff.
1228_zps754wazqw.png

Looks like snow might be out of the forecast, but now we currently in store for a potential ice storm. I'd rather have the snow...

Beautiful weather here. Highs mid 70s, lows high 50s and clear.

Last weekend it was freezing or below. The last 2 days have been very warm --- 75* or higher, and humid.
Mother Nature is having hot flashes.
And, this weekend some of the rain that has pounded California is supposed to come here. We do need it.

Back
Top Bottom