2016/17 Fall Winter Weather Thread

50 yesterday, 55 for today. Snow is GONE!!! Mid 30's returning this weekend

Last weekend it was freezing or below. The last 2 days have been very warm --- 75* or higher, and humid.
Mother Nature is having hot flashes.
And, this weekend some of the rain that has pounded California is supposed to come here. We do need it.
The rain has been a nice change.

It's not often that we are in an ice storm warning. Thankfully it's only about a mile drive to work and all of it's on the main roads in town so a lot of salt should hopefully be laid down. If it's too bad, I may not even risk it and just walk to work.

Well today wasn't too bad

11383f40d0da5391af625dc100a6793f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Crazy rain today. Haven't seen rain like this in almost a decade.
Power outages, flipped over cars, street flooding, dead trees and debris in the roadway.
More rain Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and then dry for a bit.
Whew!

Highs in the high 70s lows in the low 60s for a couple of weeks now. The gardenias and azaleas have bloomed already in January. There goes the early spring flower show. :mad:

Had some bad storms all around us. Tornadoes and such. Lucky we didn't get one but suppose to be bad again tonight around 2am and into tomorrow afternoon.

Winds are HOWLING here in the Hill Country. Not cold, thank goodness --- and no storms.

Blaze and Johali, keep an eye on the sky. Hope all the crap passed by with no problems.

Winds are HOWLING here in the Hill Country. Not cold, thank goodness --- and no storms.

Blaze and Johali, keep an eye on the sky. Hope all the crap passed by with no problems.
The last of it just passed through here. It was pretty bad but everyone and everything is A ok.

Snow. Could you describe it for me? :)
Go down to the central plateau or the southern Alps of your little island and find out. Also Canterbury and Otago. :D

(I looked it up.)

Go down to the central plateau or the southern Alps of your little island and find out. Also Canterbury and Otago. :D

(I looked it up.)
True that. I could fly down there but I ain't gonna. :p

Actually I'm doing a cruise of NZ startin on Feb 13th out of Sydney , Australia coming back to and circumnavigating New Zealand.
Lookin forward to it especially since my Mom will be aboard with us.

A girl I work with was down around Hamilton roughly 80 miles south today at blue springs.
A pretty magic spot. She sent me a pic.

IMG_20170131_231429_980.jpg

Probably going to have back to back winters with no pond hockey up here in Ohio. Kind of a shame as I'll admit it's probably my favorite to actually play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom