2017-18 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

This is the 6th or7th day where the high won't break 20°. It's getting old real fast.

Well it is sunny here, fat lot of good it's doing! 9°, wind chill of -4°

Looks like we'll finally be back to average temperatures starting Friday. The average for us in January is 43, which is still chilly...but so much better than the teens.

Checking the pipes.

b4260977f37b72a92bf2efa2b5987aba.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Got a winter storm coming tomorrow and as of now the forecast is for 8-14 inches of snow, High winds which could knock out power. Oh joy with temps heading back down to single digits..

23* on the porch this AM with clearing skies.
Found out yesterday that a large swath of my town lost power for 9 hours on Monday. Thank goodness
I wasn't one of them.

To all my friends in the cold, take care of yourselves and your pets. This is a killing cold.

24* here at 6 am. We're not made for this crap.

This is ridiculous. I have winter fashions I need to wear, but I can't because it's too cold.

:mad:

'Bomb cyclone'..... LMAO

Who makes this chit up? I've been on this earth for a while now & I've always been interested in the weather. I think that is the first time that I've ever heard that term used.

I swear they just make stuff up for the hell of it

'Bomb cyclone'..... LMAO

Who makes this chit up? I've been on this earth for a while now & I've always been interested in the weather. I think that is the first time that I've ever heard that term used.

surprised they haven't named this storm as they name hurricanes. They have named big winter storms in recent years

surprised they haven't named this storm as they name hurricanes. They have named big winter storms in recent years

They did. It's called Grayson. Or at least that's what the Weather Channel said.

75 mph winds on Marthas Vineyard, 90 mph winds at the core of this storm. I'm inland about 75 miles have gusts of 45mph, near white out with temp at 16. Seriously tho if you live here, this is normal, it's frickin winter!
Cold weather is incredibly uncomfortable.

In the last 24hrs we have had more rain than Nov and Dec combined. No let up for 2 more days.

Up to a paltry -3. Just changed my headlight in this deal, why did GM make it so you have to remove the air filter housing if you want to change your passenger side headlight?

Up to a paltry -3. Just changed my headlight in this deal, why did GM make it so you have to remove the air filter housing if you want to change your passenger side headlight?
Ford is just as bad.

Back
Top Bottom