2017-18 Fall/Winter Weather Thread

Up to a paltry -3. Just changed my headlight in this deal, why did GM make it so you have to remove the air filter housing if you want to change your passenger side headlight?
you won't like the drivers side either unless your wrist is double jointed

heard it snowed in flordia...lol...that must make the snowbirds angry

Holding right at zero.

ad506adee4ab94131ea9353231fa898f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know one thing, this extreme cold is burning, no pun intended, through by supply of wood pellets. Looks like we may need to buy another ton. :(

I know one thing, this extreme cold is burning, no pun intended, through by supply of wood pellets. Looks like we may need to buy another ton. :(
I only supplement my heat with the pellet stoves. I am only using one of the two stoves right now. They don't have an actual temperature gauge on them. I can set them @ a level from 1 to 9. I have them set @ level 1. At that level each stove would use about 3/4 bag a day. I think that I am down to about 7 bags left. I'll be buying another ton next week. Price is generally about $200/ton. I can get some that are cheaper but the BTU seems to be less as well.

I have a Quadra Fire stove which has a remote thermostat just like a regular furnace. Normally set at 70° and the heat travels upstairs and keeps us at a comfy 68°
As cold as it is we've bumped the 'stat to 74° and we're very comfortable but burning just over a bag a day with the stove burning 24 hours a day right now..
My son is the heating engineer :) and he has brands he won't buy and brands he seeks out. Think GreenTeam is a brand he likes. There is a vast difference in pellet quality!

Up to a paltry -3. Just changed my headlight in this deal, why did GM make it so you have to remove the air filter housing if you want to change your passenger side headlight?

Better than pulling off a wheel lol

11° with wind chill of -7°. Overnight low of -5°. -5°? I gotta double check on that

Well I got up yesterday and checked the temperature and there wasn't one! Zero

A little later it was minus 2

Today it got

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Sorry, jumped the gun
Today it got over 20 for the first time in quite a while. It is supposed to be like 55 on Thursday I heard. I guarantee I will see morons in shorts if it does.

55 is wonderful after the deep freeze most of the nation has been in..........
Absolutely. My buddy posted that it hasn't been in the 20's here in like 2 and a half months. I hadn't realized that

Just hit the 32+ degree mark for the first time since December 24th. Still snowing though. :mad: Probably 3-4 more inches since daybreak.

I's been raining here all night and supposed to the rest of the day. Really nasty outside. It's 51 now with a high today of 63.

We've got a mega Winter storm on tap for tonight and tomorrow morning. I think they're calling for .2 inches of snow! We're suppose to get a bit more moisture in the form of rain, but it isn't going to get cold enough in time for us to get much snow.

10 am Sunny and 60 degrees
2:30 pm 20mph winds and 43 degrees?????????? WTF??????????

65* at noon --- 51* at 3 PM ---- wind trying to tear the roof off the house.

Edit --- 12 minutes later -- temp has dropped to 48*. Damn.

Last edited:
That's going to hit us tomorrow. Lots of wind, rain and a severe temperature drop.

Yesterday, we hit the mid 60's. Enough heat to quickly melt the 6 inches of snow that was still on the ground. That was followed by rain late in the afternoon. It continues to rain here. Over the past 24 hours we're at just over 2 inches of rain. Damn good thing it wasn't cold enough to snow..... Well, that's all about to change today. By 5pm they are predicting the temps to drop to the point where the rain will be changing over to sleet/freezing rain. Then on to snow. By tomorrow evening we are to have a fresh coating of 8+ inches. That doesn't sound good for our fragile power grid round these parts. Heading out at noon today to purchase more gas for the generators. :mad:

58 and pouring rain right now. Supposed to have 15 inch of snow on the ground by noon tomorrow......

I really don’t know why I still live here.

62 degrees and still raining at 7am local time. The high today is now at 62 and dropping to 24 tonight with 25 to 35 mph winds.

I decided to take the early run to town for shopping this morning due to the pending weather. Things are changing fast. More flooding than I had realized. The ground remains frozen. The water can't soak in. All of the snow melting and over 2 inches of rain are taking its toll. Roads that I drove in on this morning were closed an hour later when I headed back home. I picked up ten more gallons of gas for the generator and a half dozen bags of wood pellets for heat if need be. Bring it!

Here we go for another ride.....

With the cold front rolling through the temp dropped 20 degrees in the past hour and a half. The rain is soon to turn over to sleet and then all snow after it blankets the region with a layer of ice. :eek:

Untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom