2018 Darlington Throwbacks

BAW gawd we are already repeating throwback schemes... good going to the 00 team. Way to show how wacky this is getting...

Maybe they’ll do a 2013 era theme For the race next year

Harvick's throw back to 1998 West Championship..not even close IMO

iu

Wow! That looks good! Black and gold was everywhere in the 70's and into the 80's. And today most of them seem dated and a bit garish to me. But that one is pure old school goodness to my eyes.

Umm, that's not a throwback , not even close, geebus.

Some of these this year are really tedious and going through the motions. A few look great. This is somewhere in between, but is a nice little story and angle to take. Credit to FedEx and JGR for allowing more leeway. I love the Chesterfield Trailer & Hitch.

Some of these this year are really tedious and going through the motions. A few look great. This is somewhere in between, but is a nice story and angle to take. Credit to FedEx and JGR for allowing more leeway. I love the Chesterfield Trailer & Hitch.

Denny's go that Daytona 500 car in his living room. Just ask him he'll tell you all about it lmao.

^ Denny Hamlin raced that Chesterfield Trailer & Hitch short track car about 9,500 times, right? Day-um. That sounds like a lot of races, but I guess he spread it out over 5 or 6 years or maybe 7.

Eh. I was hoping my boy would run his original white and red scheme, maybe the silver from the mid 00s.

I love the Matt Kenseth car. If only Roush's cars weren't piles of crap that need thrown in the trash can.

I've been hearing rumors that Austin Dillion will run the iconic Dale Sr. black paint scheme at Darlington.

I've been hearing rumors that Austin Dillion will run the iconic Dale Sr. black paint scheme at Darlington.
If I am not mistaken, RC said that paint scheme would never be ran again, of course things can change and time heals all wounds if you will.

Well, there's always this one that Austin Dillion could run.
Oh sure, there are plenty of schemes that can be ran, but I personally feel its time that the black #3 theme is ran as a throwback, I mean, its creeping up on 20 years since we lost him, I feel its one of the best ways to honor him.

Mark Martin ran an Oscar Mayer car in 04 I believe, why not do that? This year's throwback schemes have mostly been a letdown.
If you look, it was a combo scheme OM and Kraft , the car was white with red and blue, not the OM colors, I think this one looks a ton better over the 2004 one.

So this tweet is kind of confusing , he indicates this is his throwback scheme but this says there is another throw back scheme
There is this unannounced scheme on SHR's website, and its the same "Helping Homes"
fzZheGn.png

If you look, it was a combo scheme OM and Kraft , the car was white with red and blue, not the OM colors, I think this one looks a ton better over the 2004 one.
Sportclips isn't red, white and blue. Starcom isn't gold and white. Many schemes have used colors that aren't the sponsor's.

Sportclips isn't red, white and blue. Starcom isn't gold and white. Many schemes have used colors that aren't the sponsor's.
Sport's clips is running a throw back, so yes, they are using "other colors" that are not their own but their normal scheme mirrors the companies colors, and actually, Starcom's normal paint scheme does in fact match the companies branding of gold and white
https://www.starcomfiber.com/
The 2004 was not full Oscar Myer paint scheme, its was Kraft/Oscar Myer, the 2018 is a full Oscar Myer paint scheme in Oscar Myer's full colors, anyways, you like what you like, and I like what I like, neither is wrong or right and this is kind of getting silly my friend;):D:cheers:

ryan-newman-throwback-paint-scheme-443x250.jpg
31MomPopsrefa-vi.jpg

Newman's Darlington throwback will honor Neil Bonnett's #31 Mom 'N' Pop's/Goodwrench car that he drove in the 1993 DieHard 500

Had Bonnett's gone thru the fencing and into the fans, I would not be here today

Back
Top Bottom