2018 - Daytona 500 - Pre Race Thread

Everyone has to complain about something lol. I have no problem with the side bar. I can see exactly where everyone is.
Side, top, bottom..... wherever..... Let's just get this season going. Then we can get on to complaining about all the real stuff like plate racing is not real racing, tearing down the banking, yellow lines, the rendition of the National Anthem, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Boogity-Boogity, Jeff Gordan's bias announcing towards HMS, Chase not paying his dues, rovals, empty seats, complainers, ticket pricing, television coverage, fuel millage races, meaningless qualifying races, television ratings, Brian not being at the track, Monster's lack of promoting the sport, not running at abandoned tracks, spoilers, splitters, blocking, hot dogs, high ticket prices, high hotel prices, stages, championship formats, lack of sponsorship, booth personalities, 1.5ers, and on and on.

Throw the flag already!

WELP, just opened a valentines card and found a 500 ticket inside.

Happy V-day to me!

Unfortunately I'll be riding solo, so if anyone is going and wants to meet before let me know.

Side, top, bottom..... wherever..... Let's just get this season going. Then we can get on to complaining about all the real stuff like plate racing is not real racing, tearing down the banking, yellow lines, the rendition of the National Anthem, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Boogity-Boogity, Jeff Gordan's bias announcing towards HMS, Chase not paying his dues, rovals, empty seats, complainers, ticket pricing, television coverage, fuel millage races, meaningless qualifying races, television ratings, Brian not being at the track, Monster's lack of promoting the sport, not running at abandoned tracks, spoilers, splitters, blocking, hot dogs, high ticket prices, high hotel prices, stages, championship formats, lack of sponsorship, booth personalities, 1.5ers, and on and on.

Throw the flag already!

How about a new forum game where everytime a poster mentions one of those topics you get a stage win? The 16 posters with the most stage wins gets a spot in the RF Playoffs. Everything will reset to zero you can only score points by bitching about the NASCAR Playoffs.

How about a new forum game where everytime a poster mentions one of those topics you get a stage win? The 16 posters with the most stage wins gets a spot in the RF Playoffs. Everything will reset to zero you can only score points by bitching about the NASCAR Playoffs.
I'd clean up in the post season complaining about the Chase. I'm rather well seasoned at it.

Bearden: Clash shows cause for Speedweeks optimism
“The cars are a handful,” race-winner Keselowski said. “They
are supposed to be. This is professional racing and they are supposed to be hard to drive. This was no exception today.

“This is probably the hardest I have ever had to drive a car at Daytona, but I am not complaining.”

http://kickinthetires.net/index.php/2018/02/11/bearden-clash-shows-cause-for-speedweeks-optimism/
Sunday could get ugly in a hurry. There's no doubt going to be "the big one" if the handling is that big of an issue. Gonna be decently hot out too.

So now they are saying the race is starting at 3:30 eastern instead of 2:30 eastern?
Why the change?

I drive 2 hours to an annual Daytona 500 party, these later starts suck

So now they are saying the race is starting at 3:30 eastern instead of 2:30 eastern?
Why the change?

I drive 2 hours to an annual Daytona 500 party, these later starts suck

I thought it was still 2:30? Source for the change?

DWBTXOZUMAAFU9X.jpg:large

Ticker haters beware.....

I'm a big fan of the new Fox scoring pylon... been asking for that for years. I'd favor a transparent background, but that is a minor quibble. Just my $0.02.

Nascar.com shows 2:30 and the track's website schedule shows 3:00. Just plan on 2:30 to be safe folks lol.

TV Guide says.....

FOX 11am-1pm - NASCAR Raceday
FOX 1pm-2:30pm - NASCAR Pre-race
FOX 2:30pm-6:30pm - Daytona 500

I'm still going with Jayski's reporting of the green flag @ 2:49pm. If I'm wrong, my DVR will figure it out for me.

Ticker haters beware.....

"It allows for 20 cars' positions to be visible simultaneously, in addition to passes as they happen..."

How about actually showing us those passes as they take place??? How about showing us racing instead of statistics? Ya know, moving images? The stuff we buy TVs for?

Dumb asses.

Today's schedule

Thursday, Feb. 15

11:35 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1 (Follow live)
2:25-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series second practice, FS1 (Follow live)
4:35-5:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
7:00 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Can-Am Duel 1 (60 laps, 150 miles), FS1 (Follow live)
9:00 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Can-Am Duel 2 (60 laps, 150 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

Press Pass (Watch live)
3 p.m.: Click n’ Close/Victory Junction
3:30 p.m.: NASCAR on FOX
4 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series: Jill Gregory, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, NASCAR; Matt Lederer, Executive Director, Partnership Marketing, Comcast; the past three Xfinity champions: William Byron, Daniel Suarez and Chris Buescher.
9:30 p.m.: Post-Duels races

WELP, just opened a valentines card and found a 500 ticket inside.

Happy V-day to me!

Unfortunately I'll be riding solo, so if anyone is going and wants to meet before let me know.

Wait what? Haha. Who gave you this valentine?? The lady should join!

Back
Top Bottom