2018 Spring/Summer Weather Thread

I may have a heart attack over my next light bill.

I watch my Canadian neighbors house during the summer and a week ago he called and asked me to check it because, according to him, "my hydro is getting really high." Since I'm originally from New Jersey and then North Carolina, was temporarily stumped until I realized he meant his electric. As it turned out, his hydro was high due an dehumidifier running constantly. Hydro = electricity in Canadian speak I guess. How about Danicafan?

I watch my Canadian neighbors house during the summer and a week ago he called and asked me to check it because, according to him, "my hydro is getting really high." Since I'm originally from New Jersey and then North Carolina, was temporarily stumped until I realized he meant his electric. As it turned out, his hydro was high due an dehumidifier running constantly. Hydro = electricity in Canadian speak I guess. How about Danicafan?
Absolutely true.

Trimmed my triple palm tree this morning when it started to rain.
Temp is 79 with 88% humidity.
Gas just went to $2.85 per gallon.

Was amazed to see Ellicott City, MD, with raging flood waters yesterday and this morning, nothing. How sad for those people. Their second 1000 year flood in two years. Guess that makes them good until the year 4018.

High of 76 forecast which is nice but though the humidity at 80+% isn't so nice ....

This is the hurricane thread. Did they have one up there that I missed. :confused:

63, high later is forecast to be 65 . What's the difference between partly cloudy and mostly sunny??? That's what it is. Anyway 60% humidity so a tad sticky.

63 today and 55 tonight....with frequent rain.
rain.gif

I think there was a hurricane in the Hill Country last night. Hit about 1:30 AM --- rain came down like Niagara Falls, and at times it came sideways. 2 inches in 45 minutes. Winds had to have been 50-60 mph at one time. Was huddled under the covers, praying the roof stayed on. It did. :)
Had another round of storm about 4:30 AM -- not quite as severe.
Just checked the rain gauge -- 3 inches so far and light rain still coming down.
Needed rain, but geez. Come on, Mother Nature, get a grip.

This rain is forecast to last all day with a high of just 55. Dreary

It's 59 right now, high of 70 forecast. But the humidity is 87%. Tad uncomfortable

It's been storming here every day for the past few weeks. Not just our usual daily afternoon thunderstorms but really heavy downpours anytime of the day or night. Highs around 90 lows in the mid 70s.

Looks like multiple rain chances next week. While we do need the rain, I have my eye on those much welcomed cooler temps that will be accompanied with the rain.

82 and sunny, 40% humidity, light wind. Wonderful! Tomorrow's forecast is for more of the same!

Forecast calls for a high of 85 today and high humidity. Ten day forecast says temps in the high 70's to mid 80's with high humidity. Only a 10% chance of rain on just two days in that ten day forecast.

It's crazy, I lived in the town I went to high school in for roughly 16 years and thankfully they never had a tornado go through town. I moved away in 2008. In July of 2016, they had an EF2 go through town that did quite a bit of damage. Then just last night, they had another tornado go all the way through town, started of the West side and ended on the East side. This tornado was rated an EF3 and did significant damage to the high school. This tornado was odd as it started in the SW corner of town an traveled to the Northeast ending in the NE corner. Eight people were injured but so far no deaths have been reported. It's a good reminder that even if you aren't consider in the threat area, you should still stay aware. The county wasn't even in a thunderstorm watch at the time.

Back
Top Bottom