2018 Watkins Glen -- Go Bowling At The Glen - Pre-Race Thread

iam taking larson at 28/1.if they stop just before the breaks,if they stay out till the break iam going to kick the hell out of my tv .
I'm with you as far as the first break goes. There might be something to be said for maybe waiting for the second break. It depends on whether or not he's leading, how many are left on the lead lap, and who's outside the top 5 ('cause they're definitely coming early).

I think watkins glen is one of those wild card races. Maybe a first time winner this weekend? Suarez finished 2nd last week, along with Bowman 3rd. They're both close to grabbing that first elusive win

THE RACE: Go Bowling At The Glen

TRACK
: Watkins Glen International Raceway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #22 of 36

Date: Sunday, August 5th, 2018 Watkins Glen NY

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:45 pm/et
=======================================

Saturday, August 4
10:00 AM, MENCS Watkins Glen practice, NBCSN
11:30 AM, NXS Watkins Glen qualifying, NBCSN
1:00 PM, MENCS Watkins Glen final practice, NBCSN
2:30 PM, NXS Watkins Glen race, NBC
6:30 PM, MENCS Watkins Glen qualifying, NBCSN

Sunday, August 5
2:30 PM, MENCS Watkins Glen race, NBC
6:00 PM, NASCAR Victory Lap, NBCSN

There is some on track Xfinity practice Friday on the NBC Sports app that I failed to post.

Friday, August 3
12:35-1:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
2:05-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)

Nascar takes one of their most popular events with some of the best weather and camping and shortens the schedule to "enhanced". They already are Boneheads before anything happens.

Nascar takes one of their most popular events with some of the best weather and camping and shortens the schedule to "enhanced". They already are Boneheads before anything happens.
I hope it rains Sunday

The weather could just have easily been crap. No way to predict that months in advance.

Mind you, I dislike the 'enhanced' schedule, but the weather isn't part of that.

justin‏ @Fatback_12 15m15 minutes ago
Well got the @Blaney PPG Ford Fusion all loaded and ready to do some road course racing @WGI this weekend !!!! #comeonnn

Djmv-a7W0AAyDHo.jpg

I wonder if starting at the rear in this road race is more of a problem than being at the rear at Pocono. We are probably going to find out

Absolutely its a problem. I think everyone will be on their best behavior.

I wonder if starting at the rear in this road race is more of a problem than being at the rear at Pocono. We are probably going to find out

I didn't think this inspection and quali stuff could get more stupid...but it just did. Doing this so the officials don't have to work late? WTF?

Everyone else didn't spin :idunno:

I greatly look forward to Larson winning the pole and not being a factor, and one of the big 3 winning
larson is my guy.but man did they look bad the last two times.good luck to them,maybe just do what the 78 does.

That's because the leader did it for them! First one in gets screwed. That race was bull****, and it still pisses me off.

It's not Kyle's fault, Toyota's just aren't meant to drive in oil like Fords

There is some on track Xfinity practice Friday on the NBC Sports app that I failed to post.

Friday, August 3
12:35-1:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
2:05-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
is this free or ??thanks

Another fine piece of racing. notice the announcing..can you imagine with Burton and Allen?

AJ ALLMENDINGER DID EVERYTHING HE HAD TO DO TO WIN THAT RACE BECAUSE HE KNEW IT HAD BIG PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS. HE KNEW IF HE DIDN'T WIN HE PROBABLY WASN'T GOING TO GET IN SO HE TRIED HIS HARDEST TO WIN AND GOT IT DONE. THIS CREATES A MAJOR SHAKEUP AT THE CUT LINE SINCE HE WAS OUTSIDE THE TOP 16. MORE GUYS ARE GOING TO BE IN A MUST WIN SITUATION.
-Hypothetical Jeff Burton

I guarantee you wouldn't be able to hear the engines over the screaming of this latest bunch, Allen would be screaming AND A.J. ALMENDINGER, WHO HAS BATTLED ADVERSITY HIS WHOLE CAREER, AND MARCUS AMBROSE, THE ROAD COURSE EXPERT..THIS IS HUGE!!! POINTS MATTER WITH THESE TWO BATTLING FOR STAGE POINTS AND PLAYOFF POINTS. THIS IS THEIR CHANCE TO MAKE IT INTO THE PLAYOFFS. and Jeff when Allen takes a breath. ONLY 5 RACES LEFT UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS AND EVERY SINGLE POINT MATTERS. BOY THESE STAGE WINS HAVE THESE DRIVERS TRYING TO GET EVERY POINT AND EVERY POINT IS IMPORTANT.

AJ ALLMENDINGER DID EVERYTHING HE HAD TO DO TO WIN THAT RACE BECAUSE HE KNEW IT HAD BIG PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS. HE KNEW IF HE DIDN'T WIN HE PROBABLY WASN'T GOING TO GET IN SO HE TRIED HIS HARDEST TO WIN AND GOT IT DONE. THIS CREATES A MAJOR SHAKEUP AT THE CUT LINE SINCE HE WAS OUTSIDE THE TOP 16. MORE GUYS ARE GOING TO BE IN A MUST WIN SITUATION.
I guarantee you wouldn't be able to hear the engines over the screaming of this latest bunch, Allen would be screaming AND A.J. ALMENDINGER, WHO HAS BATTLED ADVERSITY HIS WHOLE CAREER, AND MARCUS AMBROSE, THE ROAD COURSE EXPERT..THIS IS HUGE!!! POINTS MATTER WITH THESE TWO BATTLING FOR STAGE POINTS AND PLAYOFF POINTS. THIS IS THEIR CHANCE TO MAKE IT INTO THE PLAYOFFS. and Jeff when Allen takes a breath. ONLY 5 RACES LEFT UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS AND EVERY SINGLE POINT MATTERS. BOY THESE STAGE WINS HAVE THESE DRIVERS TRYING TO GET EVERY POINT AND EVERY POINT IS IMPORTANT.
Ya'll quit yellin at me. :p

80% chance for today's X practice, but only 20% chance early Sat. morning and no mention of rain after that. :)

Reactions: Pat

Literally what will happen Sunday. Burton will be insufferable when it comes to playoff and points talk. Also looking forward to another AGGRESSIVE GOES AROUND moment from Allen bot.

Back
Top Bottom