2018 Watkins Glen -- Go Bowling At The Glen - Pre-Race Thread

I didn't think this inspection and quali stuff could get more stupid...but it just did. Doing this so the officials don't have to work late? WTF?
Its not stupid, Garage opens at 7am, 2 practices, then qualifying at 6:35pm. Lasts approx Hour or hour and a half. So by the time everyone got lined up you're looking at tech starting at 8pm which takes 3-4 hours then garage opens again Sunday at 8am. This isnt only for the offcials but the crews too.

Ross Chastain being interviewed during X practice wearing an IMSA T-Shirt, "Maybe I should be an IMSA driver!"

I don't suppose there's any coverage of this afternoon's K&N race in the dews and damps.

Its not stupid, Garage opens at 7am, 2 practices, then qualifying at 6:35pm. Lasts approx Hour or hour and a half. So by the time everyone got lined up you're looking at tech starting at 8pm which takes 3-4 hours then garage opens again Sunday at 8am. This isnt only for the offcials but the crews too.

Probably a little harsh on the officials, but I still think it's stupid. First, if the "enhanced" weekend screws the teams and officials, then bag the enhanced weekend. It is my understanding that it is there because it was supposed to be easier on the teams and officials. If it doesn't work, don't do it. Second, OSS was supposed to make all of this quicker. It has failed. Third....and this one is probably just me......I like to "bench race" I guess you could call it after the practices and qualifying. I like to anticipate who might be in contention after practices and qualifying and babble about the possibility of my guy winning over dinner and a beer on Saturday night. This takes away from a race weekend IMO. First and Second points I won't give on, the Third I won't either, but I understand someone who approaches the race weekend differently.

Probably a little harsh on the officials, but I still think it's stupid. First, if the "enhanced" weekend screws the teams and officials, then bag the enhanced weekend. It is my understanding that it is there because it was supposed to be easier on the teams and officials. If it doesn't work, don't do it. Second, OSS was supposed to make all of this quicker. It has failed. Third....and this one is probably just me......I like to "bench race" I guess you could call it after the practices and qualifying. I like to anticipate who might be in contention after practices and qualifying and babble about the possibility of my guy winning over dinner and a beer on Saturday night. This takes away from a race weekend IMO. First and Second points I won't give on, the Third I won't either, but I understand someone who approaches the race weekend differently.

don't care about the cars, the rice burners could have a jet motor strapped on them and it would be jus fine and dandy. :D:cool: But that disco tent is like showing a red flag to a bull. Looks cooler than the claws as far as I am concerned. and a lot more entertaining. :D

don't care about the cars, the rice burners could have a jet motor strapped on them and it would be jus fine and dandy. :D:cool: But that disco tent is like showing a red flag to a bull. Looks cooler than the claws as far as I am concerned. and a lot more entertaining. :D

$750K disco tent.

Doesn't look like the best :D hope I can catch the race this Wednesday and see how all that happened.

upload_2018-8-4_9-13-25.png

No reason for Bubba or Jones not to have won that race. I guess Jones maybe had an issue.

you must have missed the Sonoma race. Wallace isn't a road racer. Jones is pretty decent

Erik Jones WASN'T a road racer. Is now. Bubba not so much. Didn't keep NBC from giving him 10 times the coverage of the fast guys....which were Toyotas. Seriously? P33.

Erik Jones WASN'T a road racer. Is now. Bubba not so much. Didn't keep NBC from giving him 10 times the coverage of the fast guys....which were Toyotas. Seriously? P33.
who said he was? :rolleyes: It IS going to be miserable, as far as the Yota fan boys go, it is KDB's race to lose.C'mon 22

Been watching practice for 10 minutes. Now have a migraine from constant blabbering about the chase cutoff and playoffs. These guys are unbearable to listen to please fire them NBC

Been watching practice for 10 minutes. Now have a migraine from constant blabbering about the chase cutoff and playoffs. These guys are unbearable to listen to please fire them NBC
I agree with that, but don't think it goes far enough. NBC needs to fire the entire production crew.

the B.S. got so deep now they are using football for comparisons..it is all they can talk about. damn let us watch them race in peace.

oh oh the double zero got him going into the corner :D Glad they added a decent horn on Andy's truck

Reactions: Pat
WAHOOOO! Just found out both the Busch and Cup race is on NBC...Since I am in the trailer this weekend in rainy upstate NY I will get to see the races.
I have Direct TV and a Winegard automatic satellite dish in the beast. The downside is we mostly stay in State and National park Campgrounds where there are usually too many trees to get a signal.

Back
Top Bottom