2019 Clash RACE thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by TexasRaceLady, Feb 10, 2019.

1. DSquad48

DSquad48 Wizard/Mall Santa

Pretty sure the two of them had a run in at a plate track last year as well

REBS31 likes this.
  2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I could argue he didn't see the incident very well. I believe it was the third replay before DW said it was Johnson's fault. I could say some are just looking for anything to complain about. I know I was convinced when they got around to showing a replay from the back before I knew for sure Menard didn't come down but a bit and it looked like Jimmie's car pulled him over and lifted him up.

Turtle84 likes this.
  3. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Speak for yourself

IanMcVittie likes this.
  4. kyle18fan

I must be terrible to have two small dogs yapping in your ear 24-7 :lol2:

5. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

It’s not relevant to anything, why are you even coming up with a number for attendance for an exhibition race that’s not even a full field.

6. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

Don’t give anyone any ideas lmao. Ugh.

7. DSquad48

DSquad48 Wizard/Mall Santa

Time to resurrect this gem

nsfw

8. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Jeff Gordon should not be in the booth because he has a financial stake in Hendrick Motorsports, not because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ventisca and REBS31 like this.
  9. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

I just did bud

mack likes this.
  10. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

He ain't talking about you. Sorry he called you that, wasn't necessary, but he's aggravated about trying to post usefully amongst the troll blabber about attendance this and ratings that. You may be insane ;), but you are not a troll.

Truex_rox, mack and Ventisca like this.
  11. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Half ass drivers? lol. ok. As for what you paid for a ticket, thats up to you. They had many tickets under 50 bucks, hell they have tickets for the 500 for 100 bucks! Compare that to a damn pro football game.

12. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

Critical Thinking is what leads to the truth that he has a financial stake in HMS and that THAT compromises his position as an impartial and neutral analyst/reporter providing commentary. Sorry if that wasn’t clear... :)

13. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Looks like we're going to have ourselves a hell of a year on here. 10 pages on a race that didn't go 150 miles. Just wait until Jimmie inevitably wrecks himself next Sunday, and the aero bitch races beginning at Atlanta. :)

14. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

We need an “Everything’s Great” sticky for the deniers.

15. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

I’m surprised there are still tickets available for the 500.

16. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Who said they were still available.......bud

17. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I paid $50 for a $120 ticket because I've been going there long enough to know that that is possible if you just wait. Some people don't know that and the track is taking advantage of those people by setting those crazy high prices. I have an issue with that when the product is subpar and watered down compared to their other events.

I wasn't talking about the 500. But as a comparison to your example, is the NFL charging $120 for a preseason game? Cause that's essentially what The Clash is. Except it lasts half as long.

IanMcVittie likes this.
  18. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Ah yes, what you see here is the effects of JDS going full swing.

19. Ventisca

That dude is almost as bad as Truex Jr meting out street justice to Jimmie at the ROVAL.

20. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Team Owner

Unless the race sold out yesterday or today the ticket office.

21. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Jackman

It is not next week

22. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

What was "watered down"?

23. KodiakRusty89

KodiakRusty89 Team Owner

I get Bills tickets for less than $20. Outside of a select few teams (Packers, Patriots, Eagles, Seahawks couple more) teams NFL tickets can be had pretty cheap. I can generally get pretty solid upper deck (between the 20s) Steelers tickets for $50-$75.

Daytona and Bristol tickets are insanely expensive relative to the rest of the circuit. The Clash use to be 20 laps and drew very well. The fact it was the first competitive Cup race of the year made it an "event" in its own right.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    IanMcVittie likes this.
  24. kyle18fan

Actually you were attempting to speak for others when you said " nobody" cares what the other poster thinks. Also the " its obvious to all" part suggests that you were speaking for more than just yourself. You don't speak for me when you say those things, I speak for myself. BTW . I am not yer bud

IanMcVittie likes this.
  25. rowdy3

rowdy3 Crew Chief

Newspaper said 15k. believe last year was 20k. Arca had about 4k.

IanMcVittie likes this.
  26. NASCAR Apologist

NASCAR Apologist Crew Chief

It's called THE CLASH for a reason.

ChexOrWrex likes this.
  27. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

Lol

JBone88 and ChexOrWrex like this.
  28. rowdy3

rowdy3 Crew Chief

I paid $38 for mine on stub hub Thursday night. For the coke 400 I couldn't get free rolex lounge tixs so I paid $450 for 2 and these are $1200 each.

IanMcVittie likes this.
  29. spindoc

spindoc Crew Chief

Jimmie got a run. Menard came down to block. The air disturbed Menards car enough to turn him. It was a racing incident. Get over it.

30. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Most of the race was watered down. Literally :D

mack and Spotter22 like this.
  31. spindoc

spindoc Crew Chief

So, he has some sort of influence over the sanctioning body because he’s a TV analyst? That’s a stupid statement.

32. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Classic Florida.

33. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

BobbyFord! I haven't been on this forum since the end of last season, and I gotta say I just chuckled seeing your username here.

Good to see ya still active, with a new Avy. Hope you had a good New Year's man.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BobbyFord likes this.
  34. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

you got that right......bud, youre not

kyle18fan likes this.
  35. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Thanks, I sincerely appreciate your post.
    I hope all is well with you.

36. KTMLew01

KTMLew01 Team Owner

Kiante likes this.
  37. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Team Owner

It just didn't seem right watching Jimmy and Chad on different teams.

38. Ventisca

“It’s called THE TRASH for a reason.” Feel free to use that in the marketing, for truth in advertising.

This whole Daytona festival of meaningless racing to start the year has outlived its appeal.

It should be showcasing the new season and rules in the top three series — instead it is stale and uninspired.

IanMcVittie likes this.
  39. Ventisca

It didn’t seem right, watching Jimmie and Chad on the same team last year. Chad is a nagger, and Jimmie was looking for a new work-wife.

Things change... :D

40. Ventisca

“THE CLASH/TRASH/CRASH”

Come out and enjoy the first big wrecks of the NASCAR Season! Watch teams junk expensive cars for a meaningless race...