2019 Talladega I -- Geico 500 -- Pre-Race Thread

Their old super speedway package has been tested in actual races ....... until the tinkering began. And why test with a few cars if you cannot get accurate results ? A monkey could tell you that a few cars won't give you an accurate test o_O And now what ? what will the next tinker be before the race ? What makes a good wreck fest better than a bad wreck fest ?
Newsflash, we arent running the old package anymore, yesterdays gone. They arent taking 40 cars to a test, they just needed the basics and if changes were needed they were ready. Some of the best racing ever is at Dega. Ok, play times over. Going for a beer with my buddies. Yall behave now, ya hear?

Newsflash, we arent running the old package anymore, yesterdays gone. They arent taking 40 cars to a test, they just needed the basics and if changes were needed they were ready. Some of the best racing ever is at Dega. Ok, play times over. Going for a beer with my buddies. Yall behave now, ya hear?

Well no sheet...... hence my comments on the constant tinkering o_O So if the racing was the best, why play with it ?

Rumble strips like they put on highways to wake you up.

Super sticky small orange cones that stick to your car like barnacles if you hit them and mess up your aero.

Genetically mutated Grass that slows you down, mixed with multi-colored synthetic spongy gravel that flies up like a rainbow while it safely stops you.

Unicorns would be nice as well

They were, but have no clue what they are doing. Moments ago I heard that Joe Gibbs Racing were going to strap an old couch to the trunk of their cars :lol2: they are trying to decide on a color and fabric combination that suits the drivers wives :huh:
:XXROFL:

Trial and Error
crazy.gif

Will someone please clarify if NASCAR is making a change to try and slow them down? I hope not, let them race, but I keep hearing that changes are coming.

Well no sheet...... hence my comments on the constant tinkering o_O So if the racing was the best, why play with it ?
Same reason if my race car was good in practice and I put it on jackstands and didnt touch it. You think about that.

Same reason if my race car was good in practice and I put it on jackstands and didnt touch it. You think about that.

Practice at a super speedway isn't even in the same county as the race, you should know that by now. If the old package gave us good racing, then messing with the old package is fixing stuff that isn't broke. You admitted that their testing process is flawed ........ well so is tinkering around when there is very limited time on the track, right before a damned race. You worry that a car may end up in the stands, then use a proven package that didn't put any cars in the stands. Tell us with complete accuracy what they will race with Sunday ... that is all I want to know.

... If the old package gave us good racing, then messing with the old package is fixing stuff that isn't broke. ...
I don't think the old package gave us good racing. For those that did, what I saw in practice should make you happy because it looked like more of the same to me.

Practice at a super speedway isn't even in the same county as the race, you should know that by now. If the old package gave us good racing, then messing with the old package is fixing stuff that isn't broke. You admitted that their testing process is flawed ........ well so is tinkering around when there is very limited time on the track, right before a damned race. You worry that a car may end up in the stands, then use a proven package that didn't put any cars in the stands. Tell us with complete accuracy what they will race with Sunday ... that is all I want to know.
Think about it again. If I'm good and leave may car on jackstands, what will happen? Its an analogy if that helps you.

I don't think the old package gave us good racing. For those that did, what I saw in practice should make you happy because it looked like more of the same to me.

I doubt that any package will create good racing at that track, it is usually a wreckfest or a caution free nap inducer. If by some miracle, they were to tinker their way into something good, they would tinker the good away before race day. I recall all sorts of nonsense in the past, including an 11 hour reduction in the cooling area and a reduction in cooling system pressure to fix a mess that they made from tinkering :lol2:
They created tandem racing and rushed at the last minute to make it go away. .

Think about it again. If I'm good and leave may car on jackstands, what will happen? Its an analogy if that helps you.

You told me that the track had produced some really good racing and now you call me clueless because they messed with it ? You haven't explained why they mess with good racing o_O What will they race Sunday ? I bet they don't know yet

You told me that the track had produced some really good racing and now you call me clueless because they messed with it ? You haven't explained why they mess with good racing o_O What will they race Sunday ? I bet they don't know yet
See if you can follow, if you dont try to get better you never will. So,what I was telling you is, while my car was on jackstands the competition was trying different things to get BETTER! If you are complacent you will never improve. That goes for NASCAR and trying to make better racing. You see the analogy now? K? Good.

See if you can follow, if you dont try to get better you never will. So,what I was telling you is, while my car was on jackstands the competition was trying different things to get BETTER! If you are complacent you will never improve. That goes for NASCAR and trying to make better racing. You see the analogy now? K? Good.

It's a hard concept for some to grasp that teams are constantly trying to get more speed out of the car..they tend to discount most of it as gimmicks. Nascar has always done the same and because they always don't get it right some seem to delight in that.

Constant on the run rule changes are not quite the same as trying some lighter lube in the rear gear . No . you haven't explained why they mess with good racing at the 11th hour and HOPE that it creates magic. You already admitted that their testing is flawed, all the while telling me that they know what they are doing :lol2: how about Sunday ..... what will they be racing ? I mean, if you don't know ( which I don't believe that you do ) just say so. They could have arrived for the weekends race with " better racing " in hand ... but as you admitted, their testing was badly flawed to the point of being useless. The current " package " as of an hour ago remains untested in race conditions.

Constant on the run rule changes are not quite the same as trying some lighter lube in the rear gear . No . you haven't explained why they mess with good racing at the 11th hour and HOPE that it creates magic. You already admitted that their testing is flawed, all the while telling me that they know what they are doing :lol2: how about Sunday ..... what will they be racing ? I mean, if you don't know ( which I don't believe that you do ) just say so. They could have arrived for the weekends race with " better racing " in hand ... but as you admitted, their testing was badly flawed to the point of being useless. The current " package " as of an hour ago remains untested in race conditions.
lol. I never admitted anything as far as testing, I gave you an example. Your problem, is the same problem people have who have never raced, they THINK they know something but in reality, dont have a clue. Here is what they will be racing sunday, 1 " wickerbill with a 345 or 350 gear BUT what ever gear they choose in qualifying will have to be run on sunday. You got that?

lol. I never admitted anything as far as testing, I gave you an example. Your problem, is the same problem people have who have never raced, they THINK they know something but in reality, dont have a clue. Here is what they will be racing sunday, 1 " wickerbill with a 345 or 350 gear BUT what ever gear they choose in qualifying will have to be run on sunday. You got that?

I raced for over a decade and built racing motorcycles for about 20 years, I have probably forgotten more about building engines than you ever knew

I raced for over a decade and built racing motorcycles for about 20 years, I have probably forgotten more about building engines than you ever knew
Thats nice, Ive got 30 years racing in NASCAR. Thanks for your apples and Oranges comparison.

Thats nice, Ive got 30 years racing in NASCAR. Thanks for your apples and Oranges comparison.

I voiced my dislike for last minute changes that have not been properly tested, you seem to be disturbingly bothered by all that ! Will magic be happening Sunday ? I mean, you did tell me that 3 car testing does not produce race conditions ... And I most certainly agree with that

I voiced my dislike for last minute changes that have not been properly tested, you seem to be disturbingly bothered by all that ! Will magic be happening Sunday ? I mean, you did tell me that 3 car testing does not produce race conditions ... And I most certainly agree with that
If youve been following NASCAR this has been going on since the 70's. Its nothing new, so relax. Damn

I am totally relaxed, maybe I will suggest that NASCAR try out some new testing procedures :lol2:
Let me try this. Why did they make the current changes? Because SOME fans have bitched for last 20 years about the restrictor plate. Nascar is trying something different. Again, why is a change automatically wrong. They could have run this package to at Daytona but you would have screamed bloody murder about them screwing up the greatest race on Earth. It's a no win situation for Nascar. But I like the attempt. No plate is a big move. Should have been done 15 years ago. Let's move forward.

Let me try this. Why did they make the current changes? Because SOME fans have bitched for last 20 years about the restrictor plate. Nascar is trying something different. Again, why is a change automatically wrong. They could have run this package to at Daytona but you would have screamed bloody murder about them screwing up the greatest race on Earth. It's a no win situation for Nascar. But I like the attempt. No plate is a big move. Should have been done 15 years ago. Let's move forward.

I never said changes were wrong, I expressed my opinion about 11th hour changes that are untested. I seldom scream about anything

Back
Top Bottom